Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC: better, worse or the same old same old?

How is NSC these days?

• Better than ever

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Worse than I remember it

Votes: 63 46.0%
  • About the same as it has always been

Votes: 65 47.4%

• Total voters

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
From my point of view (and I'm old enough to remember the Dave the Beagle sagas) the board is poorer mainly because of the amount of pointless one line or smiley posts between mates that have no relevance to anyone. As another poster said, its hard to find the quality posts anymore amongst all the the old Pony posted by 1066, Uncle S, Kinky and some others, but then what I think is crap could be another persons Booker Prize Winner! Maybe at 36 I'm to old to wade through the crap anymore and I'm a busy so don't have the time.

If anything I would ban smileys or at least posts that only contain smileys, apart from that I can't see what the mods/Bozza can do to stop the one line posts between mates etc etc. Having said that there are still quality posters, wiity contributors amongst the plebs, and NSC still makes me laugh, just not very often anymore.

So, for my pennies worth, NSC is not as good as it was, but its still good, its just not a great site anymore.

D

Deleted User X18H

Edward Scissorhands said:
Worse.

People get done for bouncing threads, etc..

but the likes of Adridinho, Uncle Speilburg, Hove born and Bred, etc... can get away with posting absolute shite.

Aren't I wonderful I live in Brighton, Speilburg is god like, I have so many posts aren't I great, going out in a minute.

I couldn't care less.

Some people think they are more important than they really are.

Gets a bit boring.
I have never been so insulted...............actually I must have been.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i like it

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Simple really, if you don't like it there's always Brightonfans and NSP not mention Rivals.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
GNF on Tour said:
From my point of view (and I'm old enough to remember the Dave the Beagle sagas) the board is poorer mainly because of the amount of pointless one line or smiley posts between mates that have no relevance to anyone. As another poster said, its hard to find the quality posts anymore amongst all the the old Pony posted by 1066, Uncle S, Kinky and some others, but then what I think is crap could be another persons Booker Prize Winner! Maybe at 36 I'm to old to wade through the crap anymore and I'm a busy so don't have the time.

If anything I would ban smileys or at least posts that only contain smileys, apart from that I can't see what the mods/Bozza can do to stop the one line posts between mates etc etc. Having said that there are still quality posters, wiity contributors amongst the plebs, and NSC still makes me laugh, just not very often anymore.

So, for my pennies worth, NSC is not as good as it was, but its still good, its just not a great site anymore.

I agree. Some people use NSC threads to have one-to-one nonsenical smiley-led 'chats' that they should have on a Messenger service, or email, or PMs etc. If I start seeing lots of avatars with that girl off EastEnders for example, I'll leave as I know the thread will end up that way.

Maybe this is an age thing, but racking up 5000 posts by posting 'I'm doing xyz tonite innit :lolol: :lolol: ' to each other isn't what I thought NSC was about.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Maybe a serious board (politics etc..), football board and a banter board is needed?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Heres my two p's worth for what its worth...

Members/Posters/Users

Members make this board what it is - it is a long standing relationship where we love to hate and hate to love each other as we all love the same thing, but each in our own different way. People have become less able to accept each others differences but thats not a sign of NSC becoming worse, its a sign of the times we live in and of our NSC relationship evolving...

Put a list in NSC info of bannable offences (bouncing,flaming whatever etc) - if someone is banned, post a reply saying "banned" with a link to the offence committed and lock/close the thread. This will/should stop the "why is such and such banned"

General Board Setup

We have too many forums on the front page.
Can we cull it to:

The Albion
The Big Board
Falmer
Seagulls Party (if required)

NSC Info
(Leave as is)

The Rest
NSC Gold

I don't see the point of the BB forum delete it. The ticket sales should go in the Big Board as they will get more awareness, childish ramblings should be deleted, FM and other games should be deleted. REMF can be a sticky as it has its own forum I never see any of it.

General Thoughts
Can you archive/delete somewhere the majority of the old threads? This will stop the thread bouncing which is exceptionally annoying. Do we have any space issues as that would help too...

Get rid of smilies?

Can certain peeps be banned from making more than say 3 threads a day?

Can we cull the memberlist - people who have joined and never posted - from say 3 months ago and back...then we get a good indication of membership?

Thats about it - maybe our mods need to be able to have a bit more "policing" time?

T
x

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
bhafc99 said:
I agree. Some people use NSC threads to have one-to-one nonsenical smiley-led 'chats' that they should have on a Messenger service, or email, or PMs etc. If I start seeing lots of avatars with that girl off EastEnders for example, I'll leave as I know the thread will end up that way.

Maybe this is an age thing, but racking up 5000 posts by posting 'I'm doing xyz tonite innit :lolol: :lolol: ' to each other isn't what I thought NSC was about.

Its simple................don't read it!:lolol: :D :D :p :clap2: What are you doingTONIGHT ?:clap: :lolol:

Lighton up!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
tedebear said:
Heres my two p's worth for what its worth...

Members/Posters/Users

Members make this board what it is - it is a long standing relationship where we love to hate and hate to love each other as we all love the same thing, but each in our own different way. People have become less able to accept each others differences but thats not a sign of NSC becoming worse, its a sign of the times we live in and of our NSC relationship evolving...

Put a list in NSC info of bannable offences (bouncing,flaming whatever etc) - if someone is banned, post a reply saying "banned" with a link to the offence committed and lock/close the thread. This will/should stop the "why is such and such banned"

General Board Setup

We have too many forums on the front page.
Can we cull it to:

The Albion
The Big Board
Falmer
Seagulls Party (if required)

NSC Info
(Leave as is)

The Rest
NSC Gold

I don't see the point of the BB forum delete it. The ticket sales should go in the Big Board as they will get more awareness, childish ramblings should be deleted, FM and other games should be deleted. REMF can be a sticky as it has its own forum I never see any of it.

General Thoughts
Can you archive/delete somewhere the majority of the old threads? This will stop the thread bouncing which is exceptionally annoying. Do we have any space issues as that would help too...

Get rid of smilies?

Can certain peeps be banned from making more than say 3 threads a day?

Can we cull the memberlist - people who have joined and never posted - from say 3 months ago and back...then we get a good indication of membership?

Thats about it - maybe our mods need to be able to have a bit more "policing" time?

T
x

Just LOVE bumping my own posts - but since Les has asked why several of his threads were closed, it might be nice if there are any mods about whether they could address that and maybe answer my above points??

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Like your thinking Tedebear - not bad for someone who is both an Aussie AND a girl! :lolol: :lolol:

Except for your comments on smilies. I think they can be useful as they make up for the lack of spoken inflection that you get when you're only reading. My first sentence is a case in point, hopefully you could tell I was joking (I would never of course be so rude), but the smilies should remove any doubt. The great Looney had it right, there's a world of difference between:

Bozza is a wanker :lolol: :lolol:

and

Bozza is a wanker :angry: :angry:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
99-2003/4 where the golden years

too many fuckwits, students and school kids around nowadays

interferes with Dadrock threads !

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Brovian said:
Like your thinking Tedebear - not bad for someone who is both an Aussie AND a girl! :lolol: :lolol:

Except for your comments on smilies. I think they can be useful as they make up for the lack of spoken inflection that you get when you're only reading. My first sentence is a case in point, hopefully you could tell I was joking (I would never of course be so rude), but the smilies should remove any doubt. The great Looney had it right, there's a world of difference between:

Bozza is a wanker :lolol: :lolol:

and

Bozza is a wanker :angry: :angry:

Ahhh yes see your point..can't see anyway around the countless posts of pages of smilies then i don't think?...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
tedebear said:
Ahhh yes see your point..can't see anyway around the countless posts of pages of smilies then i don't think?...
No, I agree with you there. I hate those posts that consist of nothing but smilies. However I'm sure there are others who think they're really amusing. Little things and little minds and all that.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
tedebear said:
Just LOVE bumping my own posts - but since Les has asked why several of his threads were closed, it might be nice if there are any mods about whether they could address that and maybe answer my above points??

I think you've made some very good suggestions.

The yellow card system prevents people from starting new threads and these are dished out fairly regularly.

The problem with bans is consistency. There are so many threads/posts it can be difficult to judge them all and sometimes what looks like conflict is banter between two mates so it can be tough to call.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
tedebear said:

We can limit the number of smilies allowed in one post.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Turkey said:
I think you've made some very good suggestions.

The yellow card system prevents people from starting new threads and these are dished out fairly regularly.

The problem with bans is consistency. There are so many threads/posts it can be difficult to judge them all and sometimes what looks like conflict is banter between two mates so it can be tough to call.

Ok yellow cards good!

On the other hand conflict and or banter should neither in themselves be a bannable offence? Thats why I was suggesting a list of offences and a reason being posted for the ban? Do you think that'd be possible?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Brovian said:
No, I agree with you there. I hate those posts that consist of nothing but smilies. However I'm sure there are others who think they're really amusing. Little things and little minds and all that.

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here