Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC: better, worse or the same old same old?

How is NSC these days?

• Better than ever

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Worse than I remember it

Votes: 63 46.0%
  • About the same as it has always been

Votes: 65 47.4%

• Total voters

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Taylor159370 said:
There's too many members on here, 75% never post anything, maybe a member clean up is needed ???

Or maybe a clean up of posters who don't think before they post absolute crap like you just have..
:jester:

For the record, three suggestions:

Post counts should go as i can't see what purpose they serve, and might as well dump 'Member since ****' an all..

and

Actually banning the word's 'fixtures' and 'Konchelskis' or automatically replacing them with <I have no usefull comment to make here> might stop the piles of drivel that can flood the board..

and

Although not universally popular, maybe it's getting to the point of having a BHA only section...to stop wading through the above mentioned drivel..

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why is it always newbies who want to make all the changes? It's by far the biggest and best board in the third tier of football. :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Much as I love the diversity on NSC... in order to retain my sanity and interest in visiting, I now have a policy of not opening any threads started by Adriodinho, Munkfish or Les Biehn.

IMHO there is no need to stop the drivel, it is easy enough to ignore.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Rowdey said:
Actually banning the word's 'fixtures' and 'Konchelskis' or automatically replacing them with <I have no useful comment to make here> might stop the piles of drivel that can flood the board..

<I have no useful comment to make here>

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I read the thread about the inter-site squabbling yesterday and I was laughing my tits off. Every football chat site has fans squabbling with one another, but to have users of one site bitching about the users of another? Gayness of the highest order. Some people want to sort themselves out.

This site looks pretty much the same to me now as it did when I first found it five years ago. Perhaps there isn't quite the same level of togetherness on some of the key club issues, but that's understandable given that Albion had such a woeful season. There are bound to be serious divisions of opinion about the chairman, the manager and the players under such circumstances, and arguments are bound to rage.

Apart from cardiffcity.com, this is the only football chat site I use on a regular basis and I love it. I wouldn't want to see it change unnecessarily because a couple of big girls blouses had flounced off into the distance after disagreements with other contributors.

One quick point though: in my opinion, this site is definitely the poorer for Yorkie's absence. I didn't catch all of the contents of the threads which led to her departure, but the little I did see was out of order. It seemed to be a lot more malicious than the usual squabbles on here. I hope she comes back to NSC soon, and when she does she is treated with a little more respect.

Interesting that one of the more sensible posts about the current state of the board should come from a supporter of another team! It says a lot about the attraction of the board.

I would not be in favour of any changes. Like TLB I love it and whilst some of the vitriolic drivel beggars belief at times, it is precisely that, that makes NSC what it is.

There are some (cyber) idiots on here who sometimes don't engage brain before posting but as long as people don't take things too seriously, everything is rosy.

There is a line that some people have crossed and I think we've got a decent set of moderators who tolerate in just the right measures.

Yorkie made her decision for her reasons and she should be respected for that. Personally, I think the board is worse off without her input and I hope she comes back soon.

The close season will always highlight the shit aspects of any board, simply because the main reason for it's existence is on 'holiday'!

Add to that the uncertainty over contracts and the McGhee in/out factions and you will inevitably have conflict.

Long may it continue

:thumbsup:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Too many people clicking this:

newthread.gif

Not enough people clicking this:

top_search.gif

That is all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would prefer more gay members

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Feck off

Thats is all

:censored: ;)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also there is not enough talking about films, horse racing and too much bloody football.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Gotta say, The Laughing Bluebird's got it pretty much spot on.

I completely missed this infamous Yorkiegate business and so know nothing about why she departed. But i miss her contributions on here, and those of TGC et al.

Yes, there are a few too many racist twats etc on here these days, but that's what members' ignore lists are for.

You're still doing a top job, Bozza :clap:

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Worse.

People get done for bouncing threads, etc..

but the likes of Adridinho, Uncle Speilburg, Hove born and Bred, etc... can get away with posting absolute shite.

Aren't I wonderful I live in Brighton, Speilburg is god like, I have so many posts aren't I great, going out in a minute.

I couldn't care less.

Some people think they are more important than they really are.

Gets a bit boring.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Edward Scissorhands said:

the likes of Adridinho, Uncle Speilburg, Hove born and Bred, etc... can get away with posting absolute shite.

I thought it was compulsory.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
<I have no useful comment to make here>

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
seems fine to me!!!

if you think people start too many threads...........dont read or reply to them..........someone may disagree with you tho' so leave them alone.Some of the most bizarre threads have become NSC gold classics. We all can't have the same interests and intelligence, thank goodness as this is what makes NSC work so well. It would suffer if posts were more regulated and say had to be Football related...............No it works as it is, we all know what draws us all to this site and that the common connection is Brighton and Hove Albion (Love or hate them) lets not change the way we discuss other aspects of our sad deluded lives:lolol: :wave:

1066gull

I think maybe another mod?

And do it by referendum so then people can't complain about the choices anymore.

This Admin/Mod witch huint is bejond a joke. And didn't you not see earlier today Bozza put me on a thin line? All members are getting the same treatment, its just this bandwagon of hunting down the mods has got to stop.

Also, I think maybe a review of the mods. Many members complained about certain mods, and if there is gonna be a new mod, than maybe a review of the current ones.

I don't want to go any further or I will go in to an Invision sales rep/slit up the forums. But remeber one thing, two respected posters was bullied off here, I sometimes still speak to them but I think that sort of situation could of easily been avoided.

That is my feedback for a while.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Adriodinho said:
I think maybe another mod?

And do it by referendum so then people can't complain about the choices anymore.

This Admin/Mod witch huint is bejond a joke. And didn't you not see earlier today Bozza put me on a thin line? All members are getting the same treatment, its just this bandwagon of hunting down the mods has got to stop.

Also, I think maybe a review of the mods. Many members complained about certain mods, and if there is gonna be a new mod, than maybe a review of the current ones.

I don't want to go any further or I will go in to an Invision sales rep/slit up the forums. But remeber one thing, two respected posters was bullied off here, I sometimes still speak to them but I think that sort of situation could of easily been avoided.

That is my feedback for a while.

You are full of shit and people like you who have filled this board with non sensical bullshit over and over again (24 posts a day?!?!?) makes it hard to find good posts anymore

No offence :wave:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Adriodinho said:

I don't want to go any further or I will go in to an Invision sales rep/slit up the forums.

If you seriously think -anyone- will leave NSC to use a shitvision forum run you -you-.... fucks sake, since when have we let people with an IQ below 40 use NSC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here