Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC: better, worse or the same old same old?

How is NSC these days?

• Better than ever

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Worse than I remember it

Votes: 63 46.0%
  • About the same as it has always been

Votes: 65 47.4%

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I read the thread about the inter-site squabbling yesterday and I was laughing my tits off. Every football chat site has fans squabbling with one another, but to have users of one site bitching about the users of another? Gayness of the highest order. Some people want to sort themselves out.

This site looks pretty much the same to me now as it did when I first found it five years ago. Perhaps there isn't quite the same level of togetherness on some of the key club issues, but that's understandable given that Albion had such a woeful season. There are bound to be serious divisions of opinion about the chairman, the manager and the players under such circumstances, and arguments are bound to rage.

Apart from cardiffcity.com, this is the only football chat site I use on a regular basis and I love it. I wouldn't want to see it change unnecessarily because a couple of big girls blouses had flounced off into the distance after disagreements with other contributors.

One quick point though: in my opinion, this site is definitely the poorer for Yorkie's absence. I didn't catch all of the contents of the threads which led to her departure, but the little I did see was out of order. It seemed to be a lot more malicious than the usual squabbles on here. I hope she comes back to NSC soon, and when she does she is treated with a little more respect.

The Auditor said:
Its great ..leave it as it is....

I prefered it when your miserable mate saint lennerd was posting, can't you dust him off and bring him back? I miss our little jam related tea time chats.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Laughing Bluebird said:

One quick point though: in my opinion, this site is definitely the poorer for Yorkie's absence. I didn't catch all of the contents of the threads which led to her departure, but the little I did see was out of order. It seemed to be a lot more malicious than the usual squabbles on here. I hope she comes back to NSC soon, and when she does she is treated with a little more respect.

:clap: Well said sir.

I hope she comes back to NSC soon, and when she does she is treated with a little more respect.

It's an internet message board for feck sake. How can you show respect to a name, well that's all it is, a bloody name.

I can just see it now, you’re at work and burst into tears, your work friend says: what's up?, I got called names and people didn’t agree with me on the internet last night, How sad.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Lokki 7 said:
I prefered it when your miserable mate saint lennerd was posting, can't you dust him off and bring him back? I miss our little jam related tea time chats.

My brother has no internet access at his new job in London..will try to get him to post from home

:)

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Oceanic said:
It's an internet message board for feck sake. How can you show respect to a name, well that's all it is, a bloody name.

I would imagine that the majority of the people who use this board either know Yorkie personally, or know of her. It should be fairly obvious to just about everyone that she is not the sort of person who is deserving of the kind of grief she was getting on here not so long ago.

That said, I suppose you do have a point to a degree. Sometimes it is difficult to show respect to a username, especially when the person hiding behind it appears to be nothing more than a worthless, redundant pile of monkey spunk. And you're an excellent example.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oceanic said:

I can just see it now, you’re at work and burst into tears, your work friend says: what's up?, I got called names and people didn’t agree with me on the internet last night, How sad.

Actually a whole lot of people do know Yorkie personally and she was the target of some abuse (which most people would laugh off admittedly) that caused her a lot of grief as it was about her beliefs.

You on the other hand get called names as the vast majority of people on here consider you to be nothing but a narrow minded, ignorant, shit stirring bigot and your posts would not be missed.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Much better than when went very unreliable, and dissappeared for ages, and then took some time to get back the search function.

Very grateful to the other sites that didn't block NSC news at that time, but which are either rather puerile or bland in comparison.

Very grateful that it exists.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

I don't think she'll be back......some people on here went too far and why should she have to take that abuse?The board is a poorer place without her enthusiasm and knowledge.

That said, I suppose you do have a point to a degree. Sometimes it is difficult to show respect to a username, especially when the person hiding behind it appears to be nothing more than a worthless, redundant pile of monkey spunk. And you're an excellent example.

And this coming from someone who likes throwing bottle's of piss over Leeds fans and beat normal people to a pulp, yes you are a prime example.

E

enigma

Oceanic said:
And this coming from someone who likes throwing bottle's of piss over Leeds fans and beat normal people to a pulp, yes you are a prime example.

Compared to someone who supports a party where members put dog shit through an Asian family's mailbox...

You are the definition of a mug.

Spot on Laughing Bluebird (please ignore Oceanic's comment).

Also too many folk on here are a little too easily offended or over sensitive, any form of silly humour normally results in the purpretrators (yes I spelt it wrong which someone will now point out - another thing which annoys me) being labelled a child or stupid. It's just a bit of fun, we ain't got a lot to laugh about on the football front! So live and let live a bit.

The abuse 1066 got on here was appaling as well.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Lokki 7 said:

Saint lennard still spouts his stuff at most games. He would probably bring some jam too

2 Jags 1 Stadium

Nov 3, 2005
Taylor159370 said:
There's too many members on here, 75% never post anything, maybe a member clean up is needed ???

I view the board every day, but rarely post. By your 'rule' I should be 'cleansed'!
f*** OFF.

Apart from stupid comments from superfans like this pratt, there is nothing wrong with the board.
People have rows, fall out, get upset. That's life. It happens at every workplace, in every pub, in every school, in every home.

I don't know what sort of abuse Yorkie got. If it was over the top, then that's out of order. Occassionally some posters do get picked on. But, as in life, you usually only get picked on when you stand out from the crowd!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here