Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC: better, worse or the same old same old?

How is NSC these days?

• Better than ever

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Worse than I remember it

Votes: 63 46.0%
  • About the same as it has always been

Votes: 65 47.4%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reading some criticism of NSC on Brightonfans reminded me that I want to take a look at the general health of things this Summer and see what improvements we can make.

So, to kick things off, how is NSC these days? Better than ever, worse than the 'good old days' or just the same.

Please vote and feel free to post any reasoning behind your feeling.

Ta!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
too many bounce threads. and misleading ones. but to be fair if the club sorted out contracts and things we wanted to know, then there would be more to talk about.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
It always stays about the same. Old regulars disappear; new ones emerge. Annoying tits come on to wind everyone up for a while (remember Dave the Eeeeeeeaaagle?), then they get bored and go elsewhere.

Summer is generally a flat period when there are no league games to discuss/slate/get worked up about, and people start posting any old shit to pass the time. Always has been like that, long may it stay like that.

I like the fact that while NSP attracts the kids who like to think they're controversial, and brightonfans atttracts the sensible folk who are upset by kids who like to think they're controversial, NSC is a place for both, and also for everyone in between. As such a melting pot, it's no surprise that one or two people get wound up and flounce about on occasion.

Those people should be encouraged to use the "Ignore" function more if someone annoys them that much.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It'll never be the same as it once was but too many people want it to be a club love in, where no questions are allowed to be asked or you can't vent your spleen about the club or a player in the way you would when talking amongst your mates. It doesn't matter if your wrong, right or kinky, it is possible to discuss differences without resorting to calling people a c**t and telling them to feck off and support Chelsea.

I agree about there being too many superfans who can't do anything without letting everyone know they've done it and that somehow their opinion should be valued higher than anyone elses.

Brightonfans looks like turning into another always skint to me where everyone has a lovely time agreeing with each other.

People also seem to forget that they don't have to open every thread or carry on reading if they don't like a topic.

I love you just the way you arrrrrrreeeee

f***'s sake, Bozza. We get this EVERY summer. There's very little football to talk about so everyone starts bickering. Fair enough, some people deliberately set out to wind others up but if the same old faces didn't take the bait then the perpetraitors would soon get bored and stop.

The sheer number of users means there's always going to be conflict. On NSP we all like to say c*nt and find it hilarious, and on Brightonfans they all like to talk about how much they love the Albion. On each site there's a huge amount of dick sucking. The beauty of NSC IS the wide spectrum of contributor, (even if some of them are complete retards).

NSC is FINE, leave it as it is.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
There does seem to be quite a high level of twats coming out of the woodwork at present but guess they will soon get bored and go off to southwick square or somewhere acting all hard.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
There's too many members on here, 75% never post anything, maybe a member clean up is needed ???

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's good.

Frustrating sometimes when a couple of twats start arguing with each other over some mindless drivel, but difficult to prevent that so I say leave it as it is.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
A bit like the team. Occasionally Championship standard, occasionally bordering on the Conference, but generally somewhere in the middle.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Taylor159370 said:
There's too many members on here, 75% never post anything, maybe a member clean up is needed ???
how on earth is that a problem :dunce:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Much the same as ever. Perhaps certain posters should get yellow cards for posting personal attacks and over the top content.

Safeway said:
f***'s sake, Bozza. We get this EVERY summer. There's very little football to talk about so everyone starts bickering. Fair enough, some people deliberately set out to wind others up but if the same old faces didn't take the bait then the perpetraitors would soon get bored and stop.

The sheer number of users means there's always going to be conflict. On NSP we all like to say c*nt and find it hilarious, and on Brightonfans they all like to talk about how much they love the Albion. On each site there's a huge amount of dick sucking. The beauty of NSC IS the wide spectrum of contributor, (even if some of them are complete retards).

NSC is FINE, leave it as it is.

Safeway being all motherly and sensible.

A sure sign this place has gone COMPLETELY to the dogs :jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I find it laughable people complaining NSC is not 'nice' anymore. It was never THAT nice apart from recently. I blame the meat-ups for the touchy-feeliness. Seem to recall when I first joined in it was a case of dipping your toe in the water and getting your head bitten off. Like walking onto a trading floor. Full of MONSTERS. Maybe it swung too far in the 'nice' direction. and maybe it's now swinging back. Which is nice.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think with NSC is that the board reflects how the team is doing - when we're doing rubbish everyone fights with eachother, the "superfan" name-calling comes out of the woodwork, whereas when we're doing well the opposite happens.

Obviously we havent done that well this year, so there will be the occassional "retard" as ZTEVEN puts in coming on and slating the team, which brings the board down. With all the confusion going on at the club at the moment, there is going to be a lot of bickering, but what can you do?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I think with NSC is that the board reflects how the team is doing - when we're doing rubbish everyone fights with eachother, the "superfan" name-calling comes out of the woodwork, whereas when we're doing well the opposite happens.

Obviously we havent done that well this year, so there will be the occassional "retard" as ZTEVEN puts in coming on and slating the team, which brings the board down. With all the confusion going on at the club at the moment, there is going to be a lot of bickering, but what can you do?
I think that about sums it up. Although we do have the odd poster that needs a good hard slap just to keep them in touch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here