Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now all you doom mongers can whine

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
WHAT is there to criticise?

Please see above for my well-thought-out critique of our squad strengthening this summer... :smile::wink::thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Realistic, not miserable...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
:) <-- Smile with no real conviction...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yep, Gus has got it all wrong. How I wish we had you in charge instead. :rolleyes:

I just despair at the ridiculous impatience of some fans on here. Why can't people accept the fact that we are a WORK IN PROGRESS right now. So many people seem to expect Gus to transform us from a team that was fighting relegation last season, to promotion certs this season over the course of this summer transfer window ! Will you just LISTEN to yourselves ?!!

Yes, it IS frustrating that we havn't yet managed to sign the striker we need, but everyone throwing hissy fits and criticising TB and the manager at every turn is absolutely PATHETIC. Its always got to be NOW NOW NOW hasn't it.

Why don't you just have a bit of f***ing PATIENCE and let him get on with building and improving the squad. The brand of football has improved MASSIVELY since Gus came in, but it doesn't mean we can be considered instant candidates to go up just yet. Give the guy a chance for fucks sake.

I wish I could have all of this as my signature.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
When we signed Holdroyd the Millwall manager said he was a good signing and would score goals in League 1. Okay, so he didn't put his money where his mouth is, but there again maybe he wasn't planning on being in League 1 this season.

Personally I can see it though, but we are heading off topic here with the personal abuse and NSCs favourite striker.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Actually, please provide examples of your 'constructive' criticism of the club... should be fun...

Tragically, I suspected you were going to ask that.

However, not every single comment I make about the club is done on here. There is a wider world than NSC. And do you know what, sometimes my criticisms of the club are actually made... to the club.

So no, I'm not going to bother my arse to find anything in archive on here purely for your gratification.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pathetic!? How is saying you can see the shortcoming in our squad pathetic?

On the other hand, pathetic is slagging off anyone who disagrees with you... that is your bag it seems...

Did I call you pathetic? No.
Did I call anyone on here pathetic? No.

I'm not the only one on here exasperated with this impatience and misery of some of our fans, but instead you turn into having a go at someone for disagreeing with you. You're taking this rather personally, aren't you?

This is a squad in transition. No expectations (on my part) have been raised by a silly comment from the chairman. The squad is improving. The team is playing better. The closer we are to getting to Falmer, the better I feel the whole situation is becoming, and the manager should not be pressured by into getting a striker he doesn't want, especially on the back of any perceived impatience by some fans. He will not go and buy any old striker purely to fill the void of needing a new striker.

If and when he gets his man, then I'll make my own personal judgement. I might even share it. Until then...

Now, what is it you want me to get to angry about?

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How can you possibly make that blunt statement? Dickinson has been a top scorer in L2... and Holroyd has done nothing anywhere near that... also, my eyes tell me Holroyd has ZERO to offer at L1 level, let alone the Championship level we aspire too...

Genuine question... what do you see in Holroyd?

I don't know how much football you've seen, but Holroyd clearly has a far better football brain than Dickinson. He's a much better technical player as well, has pace, a good touch, and spots runs/moves for himself and by other players.

Apart from that...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I don't know how much football you've seen, but Holroyd clearly has a far better football brain than Dickinson. He's a much better technical player as well, has pace, a good touch, and spots runs/moves for himself and by other players.

Apart from that...

But Dickinson has played a higher level and is currently playing (granted not currently in the team) at a higher level. Football brain means gubbins if you don't use it in the correct way, not getting at Holroyd.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But Dickinson has played a higher level and is currently playing (granted not currently in the team) at a higher level. Football brain means gubbins if you don't use it in the correct way, not getting at Holroyd.

No I know and I think Holroyd's physical stature really does hold him back, but for me that's the only thing that might stop him maturing into a good League 1 player.

He certainly has the potential to be a better player than Dickinson.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tragically, I suspected you were going to ask that.

However, not every single comment I make about the club is done on here. There is a wider world than NSC. And do you know what, sometimes my criticisms of the club are actually made... to the club.

So no, I'm not going to bother my arse to find anything in archive on here purely for your gratification.

Fair enough, then don't accuse me of being wrong if you can't substantiate your claim...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Did I call you pathetic? No.
Did I call anyone on here pathetic? No.

I'm not the only one on here exasperated with this impatience and misery of some of our fans, but instead you turn into having a go at someone for disagreeing with you. You're taking this rather personally, aren't you?

This is a squad in transition. No expectations (on my part) have been raised by a silly comment from the chairman. The squad is improving. The team is playing better. The closer we are to getting to Falmer, the better I feel the whole situation is becoming, and the manager should not be pressured by into getting a striker he doesn't want, especially on the back of any perceived impatience by some fans. He will not go and buy any old striker purely to fill the void of needing a new striker.

If and when he gets his man, then I'll make my own personal judgement. I might even share it. Until then...

Now, what is it you want me to get to angry about?

Now, that's better... no need for you to get angry about anything... I'm doing that all by myself! :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Apart from that...

Not much football, I've been supporting Albion since the mid-70's! :)

For me, the primary asset of any striker, not just Holroyd, is the ability to score... he hasn't, and I can't see it happening... if Dickinson is so bad, why is he playing in the Championship, and Holroyd can't make our L1 team? Several managers seem to like Dickinson, but your judgement is obviously better than theirs? Right?

Agree with what you are saying. I would also much rather have Dickinson than Holroyd at the club, or even Forster. Holroyd will come off the bench and dribble a football... and that is where it ends. He isn't good enough at this level and that has been proven.

If we had another striker, I would have loaned him out to a League two club where he would have played a few games and then we would all be able to pass a very accurate analysis on him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No I know and I think Holroyd's physical stature really does hold him back, but for me that's the only thing that might stop him maturing into a good League 1 player.

He certainly has the potential to be a better player than Dickinson.

Holyroyd 23 I think
Dickinson 24 I think.
All well and good saying about potential but when does potential become wasted, how much do players improve from their early to mid 20s?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Calm down... the expectations of the fans were created by comments made by Tony and Gus, so you'll just have to live with it...
Not exactly great is it? So tough if you don't like the fact most on here are frustrated...

Tony (not Gus) said that top 2 was "the target" and that top 6 would be the "minumum expectation". Seemingly off the back of that, SOME fans appear to be operating under the apparent delusion that we are suddenly the Manchester City of League One. Its a perception that is probably shared by a few players and agents as well, hence the bastard job its proving to be to get this striker in.

Here's a tip for you. Regardless of what the chairman or manager says at the start of the season, just use your own brain and set your seasons expectations dial, at the VERY MOST, to "Cautiously Optimistic".

Its only you divvies who have wound the dial all the way round to "Promotion Certainties" who are whining like spoilt little bitches now.

The squad HAS improved from last season. Progress IS being made. We ARE playing better football. Are we the finished article yet ? Quite plainly, no we're not. But its still AUGUST for fucks sake, these things do take time, so just wind your neck in and try and get a bit of perspective eh ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why do people who support a team that has finished 18th, 7th, 16th and 13th in League 1 over the last four seasons on crowds of 6,000 think we should be going up?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why do people who support a team that has finished 18th, 7th, 16th and 13th in League 1 over the last four seasons on crowds of 6,000 think we should be going up?

Well, its because Tony promised everyone that we'd be top 2, and then he said he's going to spend a million pounds on one player.

Now its nearly the end of AUGUST, we are ELEVENTH in the table, a disgusting THREE POINTS behind the top 2 already, the squad is a complete SHAMBLES, we're shipping goals, Gus is in open WARFARE with the board, and the only thing Tony is signing is Gus's DEATH warrent if we're not somehow top of the table by the middle of next week.

Can't you see, the whole club is falling APART ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here