Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now all you doom mongers can whine

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I feel like an idiot because I am beginning to lose faith and am certain we won't go up with the current squad..I never thought I would become one of these people :nono:

Strikers like Barnes and Holroyd will never even get us close to promotion.

Keeping the faith is one thing, being realistic is another.

I'm afraid to say that Gus has got it wrong. Think about it, spending 250k of his transfer budget on the likes of Gordon Greer, a one paced, head it and lump it forward centre half who has difficulty staying on the pitch, when we already have two reliable, competent centre-halves at the club. and if we needed cover there was always Virgo and tunnicliffe, (until Gus moved them on of course). Time is still out on the two Argentinians, but they are still very young and it may well not work out. But its up fron that alarms me, all,this pressure for goals on Glenn Murray. Ashley Barnes may be ok if he is playing off a big burly striker, but he isnt!. As for the likes of Holroyd and Hart, how can they be relied on for goals!. Neither Dickenson nor Davies were bad players, rather see them at the club can than the aforementioned duo.

Promotion? ... your having a laugh.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Oh we don't we didn't panic and buy anybody before 1 game. Transfer window has not closed

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

I'm afraid to say that Gus has got it wrong. Think about it, spending 250k of his transfer budget on the likes of Gordon Greer, a one paced, head it and lump it forward centre half who has difficulty staying on the pitch, when we already have two reliable, competent centre-halves at the club..

Or captain of a play off final team who leads from the back and looks comfortable in possession (very much different to what you have said) who has been sent off twice in god knows how many years. The fact they came back to back is just our luck. (If you were being sarcastic my bad.)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

I'm afraid to say that Gus has got it wrong. Think about it, spending 250k of his transfer budget on the likes of Gordon Greer, a one paced, head it and lump it forward centre half who has difficulty staying on the pitch, when we already have two reliable, competent centre-halves at the club. and if we needed cover there was always Virgo and tunnicliffe, (until Gus moved them on of course). Time is still out on the two Argentinians, but they are still very young and it may well not work out. But its up fron that alarms me, all,this pressure for goals on Glenn Murray. Ashley Barnes may be ok if he is playing off a big burly striker, but he isnt!. As for the likes of Holroyd and Hart, how can they be relied on for goals!. Neither Dickenson nor Davies were bad players, rather see them at the club can than the aforementioned duo.

The only laugh I'm having is your suggestion that neither Dickenson and Barn Door Banjo were bad players!!! :lolol: Your credibility went down in flames with that remark. I'll stick with Gus being a better judge of player in the meantime if you don't mind? :thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Transfer deadline is 5pm next Tuesday

That's when I'll start moaning, booing the manager and chairman, unless we sign someone from League Two who is rubbish but someone on here reckons "could do a job"

Really, you will actually boo the manager & chairman if they do not get anyone in by transfer deadline day, without knowing circumstances, logistics, finances. Ignoring the obvious disappointment factor if this happens, I for one do not believe we have the strength in depth to go up this year without additions, to boo the manager & chairman is utterly ridiculous. Boo them if you want if we dont go up but at least give them support until that time.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

Gordon Greer is not a lump it forward centre half. You proved you are moron with that comment and the of course the Dickinson, Davies statement!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Yep, Gus has got it all wrong. How I wish we had you in charge instead. :rolleyes:

I just despair at the ridiculous impatience of some fans on here. Why can't people accept the fact that we are a WORK IN PROGRESS right now. So many people seem to expect Gus to transform us from a team that was fighting relegation last season, to promotion certs this season over the course of this summer transfer window ! Will you just LISTEN to yourselves ?!!

Yes, it IS frustrating that we havn't yet managed to sign the striker we need, but everyone throwing hissy fits and criticising TB and the manager at every turn is absolutely PATHETIC. Its always got to be NOW NOW NOW hasn't it.

Why don't you just have a bit of f***ing PATIENCE and let him get on with building and improving the squad. The brand of football has improved MASSIVELY since Gus came in, but it doesn't mean we can be considered instant candidates to go up just yet. Give the guy a chance for fucks sake.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Yep, Gus has got it all wrong. How I wish we had you in charge instead. :rolleyes:

I just despair at the ridiculous impatience of some fans on here. Why can't people accept the fact that we are a WORK IN PROGRESS right now. So many people seem to expect Gus to transform us from a team that was fighting relegation last season, to promotion certs this season over the course of this summer transfer window ! Will you just LISTEN to yourselves ?!!

Yes, it IS frustrating that we havn't yet managed to sign the striker we need, but everyone throwing hissy fits and criticising TB and the manager at every turn is absolutely PATHETIC. Its always got to be NOW NOW NOW hasn't it.

Why don't you just have a bit of f***ing PATIENCE and let him get on with building and improving the squad. The brand of football has improved MASSIVELY since Gus came in, but it doesn't mean we can be considered instant candidates to go up just yet. Give the guy a chance for fucks sake.

Easy get's it right again.

:thumbsup:

Get off TB & GP's back.

Back the players saturday.

FFS makes some noise.

Let's get this season on the road.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Really, you will actually boo the manager & chairman if they do not get anyone in by transfer deadline day, without knowing circumstances, logistics, finances. Ignoring the obvious disappointment factor if this happens, I for one do not believe we have the strength in depth to go up this year without additions, to boo the manager & chairman is utterly ridiculous. Boo them if you want if we dont go up but at least give them support until that time.

:wozza:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

These few words show that you know absolutely nothing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
you are starting to sound like arsenal fans,fucksake.......new chairman,new manager,new ground.........and the funniest part is that most of you appear to know f*** all and:flounce: have stupid hair...!!!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Not sure why it deserves that Notters? A more comprehensive reply would be better served to prove your point.

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey

To be fair.... i think he was being sarcastic about the boo boys? i hope so anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here