Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now all you doom mongers can whine

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
To be fair.... i think he was being sarcastic about the boo boys? i hope so anyway.

He was very obviously being sarcastic, hence saying he won't be happy until we sign someone who is rubbish!

In my write first think later, toys out of the pram kind of way I missed the sarcasm!

:dunce:

Cassive Mock

Nov 14, 2007
T/Wells
Yep, Gus has got it all wrong. How I wish we had you in charge instead. :rolleyes:

I just despair at the ridiculous impatience of some fans on here. Why can't people accept the fact that we are a WORK IN PROGRESS right now. So many people seem to expect Gus to transform us from a team that was fighting relegation last season, to promotion certs this season over the course of this summer transfer window ! Will you just LISTEN to yourselves ?!!

Yes, it IS frustrating that we havn't yet managed to sign the striker we need, but everyone throwing hissy fits and criticising TB and the manager at every turn is absolutely PATHETIC. Its always got to be NOW NOW NOW hasn't it.

Why don't you just have a bit of f***ing PATIENCE and let him get on with building and improving the squad. The brand of football has improved MASSIVELY since Gus came in, but it doesn't mean we can be considered instant candidates to go up just yet. Give the guy a chance for fucks sake.

Head and nail..come to mind

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Or captain of a play off final team who leads from the back and looks comfortable in possession (very much different to what you have said) who has been sent off twice in god knows how many years. The fact they came back to back is just our luck. (If you were being sarcastic my bad.)

I agree with you Rookie... slagging off Greer that way is joke... he is definitely NOT a hoofer...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

And to help as it gets deeper

the-torch.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The only laugh I'm having is your suggestion that neither Dickenson and Barn Door Banjo were bad players!!! :lolol: Your credibility went down in flames with that remark. I'll stick with Gus being a better judge of player in the meantime if you don't mind? :thumbsup:

Yes, but Holroyd is Gus' player... both Dickinson (now playing in Championship BTW) and Davies have better scoring records at a higher level of footie than our Chris...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, Gus has got it all wrong. How I wish we had you in charge instead. :rolleyes:

I just despair at the ridiculous impatience of some fans on here. Why can't people accept the fact that we are a WORK IN PROGRESS right now. So many people seem to expect Gus to transform us from a team that was fighting relegation last season, to promotion certs this season over the course of this summer transfer window ! Will you just LISTEN to yourselves ?!!

Yes, it IS frustrating that we havn't yet managed to sign the striker we need, but everyone throwing hissy fits and criticising TB and the manager at every turn is absolutely PATHETIC. Its always got to be NOW NOW NOW hasn't it.

Why don't you just have a bit of f***ing PATIENCE and let him get on with building and improving the squad. The brand of football has improved MASSIVELY since Gus came in, but it doesn't mean we can be considered instant candidates to go up just yet. Give the guy a chance for fucks sake.

Calm down... the expectations of the fans were created by comments made by Tony and Gus, so you'll just have to live with it...

The facts speak for themselves:

We have two good strikers, well one still needs to prove himself, and 2 that have near-zero chance of scoring at L1 level... therefore, we have come up short in this key area...

We also need a left-sided defender and stupidly released one of those... our player, so shouldn't have done that without a replacement...

We also need a left-winger since we have none, and that has been the situation for months and months... hanging on for Lua Lua is looking increasingly like a big mistake...

Finally, we were very unlucky with Navs injury but have not addressed that situation either...

Not exactly great is it? So tough if you don't like the fact most on here are frustrated...

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Could the non-appearance of any more players and a sensible, but restrictive, budget be a part of the masterplan?? I wonder if the Board want our first season to be a winning one and therefore another year in league 1 wouldn't be so bad??

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Could the non-appearance of any more players and a sensible, but restrictive, budget be a part of the masterplan?? I wonder if the Board want our first season to be a winning one and therefore another year in league 1 wouldn't be so bad??

Are you implying that the board are trying to stop us going up!?!

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
What I cannot phathom about all of this negativity is that we have only played a handful of games, it's not even the end of August!
We don't know this team is really going to perform this season...because we've barely had a chance to get going.
Who knows if Barnes will recapture the form of last season....I don't, but I won't write him off after four matches?
Maybe Murray will score 20 goals, maybe he won't....maybe we will sign players before the deadline....

Who can tell or predict how this season will pan out, it's simply impossible to tell. The two Argentinians may turn out to be a success, Holroyd might score, the list goes on...and who is to say anyone we do bring in will be the answer.

Maybe, just maybe poyet is taking his time in order to pick the right players and make sure it's money well spent rather than wasting what we have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here