Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Notting Hill Carnival

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Agree… until you have kids.
Why ? Living in a house in Hampstead is much better than living in a house in Brighton surely !!

Ask people in England where they would live if money was no object and I'm sure 9/10 would say London I'm sure.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Why ? Living in a house in Hampstead is much better than living in a house in Brighton surely !!

Ask people in England where they would live if money was no object and I'm sure 9/10 would say London I'm sure.
I wouldn't, I hate London it's a dirty s##t hole. I seriously don't see the attraction.🤷‍♂️

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
London is soooo much better than anywhere in Sussex. No disrespect like.

If you live in Sussex you're too poor to live in a decent area in London.

Otherwise why would the super rich live in London over Brighton or hove ;)
Do the super rich visit or avoid NHC though? How many celebs will be chilling out at pavement street vendors food bar whilst wearing their expensive jewellery, compared to those who have f***ed off for the weekend? Yes, London can be great if you can afford to live like you are loaded, but for the other 90 per cent?

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Ermmm guessing you missed the Euros 2020 problems in London for the semis and finals. And we’ve just been awarded the tournament for 2028, with a final at Wembley!
Nobody was stabbed during that disorder. It received endless negative coverage in the press, on social media and there was a bloody Netflix documentary about it! It also prompted a government review and an F.A review.
Ironically, it serves to prove the point you're trying to disprove. There was a far, far more robust response to that disorder than Notting Hill carnival disorder despite it having less serious violence.

rbridd

Aug 9, 2005

Goodness gracious no!

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Rum and reggae are definitely worse than nationally organised far right riots and trying to burn down a hotel, staff and all.
Not sure about that, many arrests, stabbing, weapons and even fire arms found aren't they meant to be having fun? The far right were there solely for disruption.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Lots of arrests. Some serious offenses.

No rioting or insurrection as far as I can see.

Sorry, Labour haters, it's still one-tier Kier. Dry your eyes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody was stabbed during that disorder. It received endless negative coverage in the press, on social media and there was a bloody Netflix documentary about it! It also prompted a government review and an F.A review.
Ironically, it serves to prove the point you're trying to disprove. There was a far, far more robust response to that disorder than Notting Hill carnival disorder despite it having less serious violence.
What do you mean by 'robust'? See my post above.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Where do you stand of Khan trying his hardest to improve the air quality then ?
I don't look a khan much he is in his own micro universe, which doesn't directly effect me. What's his record on this then?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What's his record on this then?

Very good. As for London being a "shit hole", the air is much cleaner under Khan and I live within walking distance of three major green spaces.

By the way I don't live in Clapham any more - I SERIOUSLY CASHED IN and bought a huge pile in a neighbouring shithole with the lowest council tax in the country.

RESULT

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I lived in this area for 15 years and loved living there. But yer it was annoying when carnival was on.

It does make me laugh though all the lefty loveys on this board ...talking about embracing any other culture than white British .....when in reality there is absolutely no way they would live in anything other than a white middle class area.

Personally I love living in areas that have a cultural breadth.

How the f*** do you know where everyone lives on this board? Generally, folk who live in places that are more multicultural arw the more liberal folk socially overall - see Brexit vote percentages and big multicultural cities for example. Brighton and Hove also comparatively high Remain vote.

But as for London over Brighton- half of London now lives in Brighton ffs! I'll take living on the coast and a lot more sun (lived in London- its so much sunnier in brighton), being able to swim in the sea through summer, cycle to work along the coast, trips down the road to beautiful east sussex coastline, all while still living in a very cultural place any day of the week, thanks.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I would still rather live in Newhaven than a nice part of London.

If money was no object I would live in the Sussex countryside, I don’t really like busy cities

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Very good. As for London being a "shit hole", the air is much cleaner under Khan and I live within walking distance of three major green spaces.

By the way I don't live in Clapham any more - I SERIOUSLY CASHED IN and bought a huge pile in a neighbouring shithole with the lowest council tax in the country.

RESULT
Good for you, how's the violent crime, do you feel safe at night or even the day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here