Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Notting Hill Carnival

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
The fact that so many posters are making excuses for this type of behaviour

Tells you all you need to know what's wrong with society today

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
What sees to be the main issue with Notting Hill Carnival & why it is the most violent of all the yearly events in England is because it attracts some london gang members who are there sometimes to settle scores , thinking they are more likely to get away with violence because of the huge numbers of people around shielding them in effect from the police .

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What sees to be the main issue with Notting Hill Carnival & why it is the most violent of all the yearly events in England is because it attracts some london gang members who are there sometimes to settle scores , thinking they are more likely to get away with violence because of the huge numbers of people around shielding them in effect from the police .

we used to go up to NH and Sunsplash in the early 80's , had an unnerving experience in 84 or 85 can't remember which but it was a hot day and there was a massive jam of people trying to navigate their way through a cross roads , we were all just about at a standstill and people were starting to panic when a large group black lads came "steaming" through the crowd grabbing whatever they could , bags , jewellery , cameras etc......i had never seen anything like it before , it was a rather raw/violent experience , apparently a number of restaurants and bars were subjected to similar treatment over that summer but this gangs brazen behaviour over that summer resulted in a few of them being weighed in , i know this because i would go to Brixton and Ladbrooke Grove occasionally to get music and weed and guys used to come down South and swap mushies for ganja in the Autumn months , gang culture is scary, those boys don't mess about.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Halfway through this year, the VERY best of Britain. No wonder Londoners absolutely adore Notting Hill Carnival. Mrs Crod and I are having a digital Notting Hill this year.

:O

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
My brother lives in Ladbroke Grove. For several years now, he and his wife go away for the carnival weekend, and stay in a B & B somewhere near London. He says it’s literally an unbearable experience. The noise, the fighting, the crime, the drugs. Sounds like a nightmare to me.

I was just reading this morning that there were "only" 3 stabbings yesterday, which they seem to be applauding as some sort of result.....Bonkers...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Stick the amount of police at NH at any major festival and you’d get a lot more arrests. I think even Creamfields as a ‘private event’ had more arrests than NH one year.

Tough one though given it’s a public event supported by the GLA and given how big it is, I’m not sure what you can do other than police it well

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No wonder Londoners absolutely adore Notting Hill Carnival.
My brother lives in Ladbroke Grove. For several years now, he and his wife go away for the carnival weekend, and stay in a B & B somewhere near London. He says it’s literally an unbearable experience. The noise, the fighting, the crime, the drugs. Sounds like a nightmare to me.
Enough said

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know someone who’s playing in a salsa band up there today. He can’t wait.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
In my eyes, any other event which had the amount of life-threatening attacks or attacks on emergency service workers that NHC does would be immediately canned. I cannot believe the support it gets from politicians etc.

If a football team had a match where emergency service workers were attacked and some fans got stabbed the next games would be behind closed doors and there'd be complete outrage

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I lived in this area for 15 years and loved living there. But yer it was annoying when carnival was on.

It does make me laugh though all the lefty loveys on this board ...talking about embracing any other culture than white British .....when in reality there is absolutely no way they would live in anything other than a white middle class area.

Personally I love living in areas that have a cultural breadth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here