Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Notting Hill Carnival

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
there is data out there and there is actually a vaccination injury register with over 110k incidents reported in Australia alone.

There is, as there is for all medicines in the vast majority of countries; it is nothing to neccasrily get excited about and is standard pharmacovigilance.

"Pharmacovigilance is the detection and assessment of adverse events related to any drug used in clinical practice. In Australia adverse events can be reported to the Therapeutic Goods Administration. Reports are encouraged, even if the drug is old or the prescriber is only suspicious of an adverse event."

There might be "110k incidents" but this figure alone does not mean much on its own.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The vaccine is made from existing covid vaccinations that people have been taking for decades with very few adaptations. As with any medication it can carry risks to certain individuals.

You can have whatever theories you like on the legitimacy or need for it, if that’s your bag but the vaccine is a perfectly harmless medication that has effectively been used without concern, for over forty years.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There is, as there is for all medicines in the vast majority of countries; it is nothing to neccasrily get excited about and is standard pharmacovigilance.

"Pharmacovigilance is the detection and assessment of adverse events related to any drug used in clinical practice. In Australia adverse events can be reported to the Therapeutic Goods Administration. Reports are encouraged, even if the drug is old or the prescriber is only suspicious of an adverse event."

There might be "110k incidents" but this figure alone does not mean much on its own.

Quite. In the U.K. each year, the NHS records over 20,000,000 near misses and incidents with medication. The vast majority of them so minor they require no follow up investigation. Nobody is calling for the NHS to be shut down. Well, some are but this isn’t the thread :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

no , but one death because of an " apparent" dodgy tablet is claxoned all over the nation and even the world.......prrrfft....theres none as daft that can't see it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The vaccine is made from existing covid vaccinations that people have been taking for decades with very few adaptations. As with any medication it can carry risks to certain individuals.

You can have whatever theories you like on the legitimacy or need for it, if that’s your bag but the vaccine is a perfectly harmless medication that has effectively been used without concern, for over forty years.

if you say so but people have not been forced to take it until a few years ago.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
if you say so but people have not been forced to take it until a few years ago.

FFS … Might have something to do with a pandemic.

It’s post like this that make me think it was a mistake when our ancestors came down from the trees ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
The stats do show certainly in London hugely disproportionate prison stats for the BAME population. Yes there may well be contributing reasons for that however I don’t think it’s reasonable to just accept it & use disadvantage as an excuse .

There are lots of far poorer and far more disadvantaged areas in the world and I am thinking specifically of places I’ve been to and seen in the Caribbean where the young black men are not involved in crime & work hard in very low paid jobs . There is also a degree of respect for older people that is not as common here .

you and yours created all the divisions within society, is this not exactly what you wanted, be honest wth yourself

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

It’s post like this that make me think it was a mistake when our ancestors came down from the trees ….

8 billion on the planet , less than 3 million deaths ....some pandemic that moosh....:rolleyes: if ebola were to get out of Africa that would be a pandemic , a cold or flu is not a pandemic.....anyway , we are agreeing to disagree aren't we.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

8 billion on the planet , less than 3 million deaths ....some pandemic that moosh....:rolleyes: if ebola were to get out of Africa that would be a pandemic , a cold or flu is not a pandemic.....anyway , we are agreeing to disagree aren't we.

pandemic
/panˈdɛmɪk/

adjective
(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world.

Nothing to do with death toll, moosh.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

because of the vaccine, lock down, and all the other measures, all of that inconvenience was to keep the death toll down; it's a, "cause and effect" thing

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Drink with a Met Officer at our local in Worthing, he describes it as a ‘challenging’ weekend.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
thank **** i spend most of my working life outside and not having to deal with overwrought office workers breathing in each other seconds and pinching each other soya milk.

Are you ok? What does soya milk have to do with anything? Think you've got sunstroke fella.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Drink with a Met Officer at our local in Worthing, he describes it as a ‘challenging’ weekend.

I imagine any event with a couple of million people would be challenging. Notting Hill is probably a walk in the park for the police compared to Mardi Gras in New Orleans or Rio Carnival though.

The other day I was looking at the arrest stats for the Feria de Almería, which is a week long event in August. No deaths, thankfully, but arrest numbers were similar to NH. Bear in mind that Almeria is a city of less than 200,000 people.

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Of course it is. 2 million people attending a non ticketed event in an area that normally houses about 3,000 - it's a policing nightmare. I live pretty close by and it seemed for the vast majority, it was a great time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here