Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not a pop at Atilla, but.....

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Easy 10 said:
...having watched Match of the Day last night, when Middlesbrough played "Proud" by M-People after they scored (oh sweet jesus mother mary), I could only recoil in abject, toe-curling horror at what I was witnessing. Shocking and disturbing...
Too right. I heard that and promptly VOMITED in front of the telly. Disgusting.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Oldman said:
Does Haywards Heath still have a Silver prize band? I can still see them marching around the Goldstone?
The Christchurch Hospital Band were brilliant at the County Ground when Sussex first won the Championship. Sussex by The Sea never sounded as good.

I tried to contact Burgess Hill Band as they have a web site with exactly the same suggestion last year and in so doping suggested that they played for free and the club allowed them to have a collection by their people during half time whilst the band was playing. Unfortunately the person/organiser whose name I got from the internet never replied to my E- mail.

Brings back the old joke of who played at Highbury most times.

Answer : Metropolitan Police Band.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
OY ATTILA PLAYS THE STRANGLERS AND THE YOUNGSTERS NEED TO BE EDUCATED WITH DECENT MUSIC, WHAT WOULD YOU PREFER BABYSHAMBLES AND THE ARCTIC MONKEYS, LEAVE HIM ALONE :angry:

larus

I like most of what Attilla plays (I have a lot of it in my collection), but I do feel as though there is room for more variety. This doesn't need to be the purid crap that is most of the chart music. There are plenty of new bands around creating some good stuff.

What about including some rock as well as punk, Freebird by Leonard Skynard? How about some nu-metal, such as Papa Roach?

The idea of allowing companies to advertise by having their selections played is a good one, as is the idea of allowing fans to enter their own selctions to be played.

I like the fact that we don't churn out the rubbish that most other grounds appear to and think Attilla does a good job. Also, whatever he does won't please everyone. You'll always find someone who objects to whatever the music is.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Listen Dick Knight, The Bloom's brothers, Martin etc.....

IF we get Falmer, you are NEVER, to NEVER allow goal celebration music. Got it? Never. Jamais. It's plain wrong and destroys football clubs. And frankly, we've had enough of that until the Albion's next centenary.

Why 1 egotistic 'hospital radio wannabee' DJ in charge of the stadium mic is allowed to ruin thousands of people's afternoon's is beyond me.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :censored:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
It doesn't look like there is consensus on what should be played so I suggest we just let Attila carry on choosing the pre match music.

And if you read this Attila can you play Babylon's Burning by The Ruts. Cheers!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here