Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not a pop at Atilla, but.....

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
i'll only go back to Withers if Attila plays something from RANCID, or this weeks best band THE BOUNCING SOULS!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can't ba arsed to plough through the whole thread, and I guess (hope) DTG is referring to the pre-match choons. Playing music after goals is something I find deeply offensive, and having watched Match of the Day last night, when Middlesbrough played "Proud" by M-People after they scored (oh sweet jesus mother mary), I could only recoil in abject, toe-curling horror at what I was witnessing. Shocking and disturbing, and if the Albion EVER go down that route, then I will not be held responsible for my reaction.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
What will you do, Easy? Give us an outline clue. Does it involve sex, violence or rock 'n' roll?
Well, I don't want to be ejected. I think I'd probably curl up into a ball, squeeze my eyes shit, clasp my hands over my ears, and spend the next few minutes screeching "FIND A HAPPY PLACE, FIND A HAPPY PLACE"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think some of us will have to accept that the kids are the future of the support and if that means "rave music" and songs by up and coming bands like Crowded House will be played before the game, then we'll all have to get down to Our Price and buy their latest cassette(s).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bring back the marching band.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
dougdeep said:
Bring back the marching band.

Does Haywards Heath still have a Silver prize band? I can still see them marching around the Goldstone?
The Christchurch Hospital Band were brilliant at the County Ground when Sussex first won the Championship. Sussex by The Sea never sounded as good.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
15 minutes you can probably 5 or 6 songs,

so maybe its an idea to get fans to pick their 5 favourite songs or songs they want played before kick off.

Attila can then pick a playlist every week, and we would get a huge variety of music every week, pleasing everyone?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I do think getting the young kids involved in the atmosphere is important, and that is presumably what Gully is all about. Gully's Girls dance to the latest Southern FM type 'choon' and I play 3 energetic tracks - that's all there's time for. Bloody Withdean!

Bob Grover and Dates at the Welly tonight. Old punk rocker and bloke half his age sharing vocal/guitar duties. Generation gap doesn't mean much in music now. It's GOOD or it's CRAP!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
We are talking about creating an atmosphere and I know stuffy old bastards dont like goal celebration music, but if you have been to Middlesborough etc etc, you see what effect music has on atmosphere.
Yeah. Absolutely none. All it succeeds in doing is watering down the goal celebrations - a time when noise is guaranteed anyway. The clubs that do it all still have shit atmospheres. Reading, Boro, Bolton, Norwich, Watford etc. I sincerely hope we NEVER give in to this most horrible and tacky of trends.

On the rest I'm ambivalent - I personally prefer the type of stuff Atilla plays, but I don't go to football for music. I'm not convinced anyone else does either though.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Maybe instead of themed music over the tannoy system when we score, to encourage every supporter to sing one themed tune.

Not sure what tune but rather than a backing track encouraging everyone to sing along to, to get in the habit of EVERY supporter joining in with each other. Basically just get a bit of conformity going in the stands when we score

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Im all for goal music as long as its not Proud like Blackburn have :safeway

Bakesy is right, its a way to get some sound going.

Goal celebration music actually WAS introduced at Withdean as of January 1st. It's just that nobody's had a chance to hear it yet.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
William Chops said:
Lets be a but different from all other clubs and keep Atilla.

Besides, do you really think kids go the game and pay much attention to the prematch music? Do you really think it makes a difference to them? The fact we do play The Clash makes it stand out.

Here Here

:drink:

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
couldnt we generate some revenue by letting people/businesses sponsor/pay for the music that's played. you could have a different pa every week, would be ace (unless it was shit of course)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Stinky Kat said:
Atilla's music is brilliant. If he goes we would get the cheeky girls and the latest off the X factor production line - no thanks.

Keep up the good work Atilla
exactly

beats the normal shit we hear at matches - keep up the fantastic job , shame the gullys girls shit cuts into the amount of decent tunes we can have before matchdays :angry:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
listening to The Clash....The Ruts ...The Stranglers etc is the only entertainment we get at Withdean these days..keep up the good work Attila

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
About a decade ago, I went to the Rose Bowl in California to see their local soccer side, LA Galaxy I think they were called, can't imagine what right-thinking footballer would ever want to play there... But anyway, not only did they play horrible little jingles (with accompanying scoreboard animatronics) after a goal, but should, say, five minutes or so go by without a goal, the Tannoy would play a very, very loud sound of someone yawning...
Awful, and just one among many reasons to hope the 2014 World Cup doesn't go back to America - though, of course, it will...

That M People sample is about as awful, though.
At least at Spurs our people have finally, FINALLY binned "We Will Entertain You" and "Crazy In Love", which seemed to be the only non-Chas-and-Dave records they had about the place. It's all about the Fratellis these days. Not bad. Just a shame they have to namecheck Chelsea.

Be proud (that's proud, not "Proud) in a bit of personality!

Then again, if you can't at least get local boy Sir Macca involved, then you're wasting an opprtunity.
Just don't let La Mills use the Withdean to launch her much-threatened pop career... ???

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Dave the Gaffer said:
We are talking about creating an atmosphere and I know stuffy old bastards dont like goal celebration music, but if you have been to Middlesborough etc etc, you see what effect music has on atmosphere.

Hang your head in shame Dave!! (thank God that the terms of our lease at Withdean don't allow this!!)

However, I see your point about playing some music for the kids before the match - there is room for about three tracks before kick-off so at least one popular track could be played in amongst the good stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here