Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not a pop at Atilla, but.....

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Dave the Gaffer said:
Now we are trying to attract the younger generation, isnt't it time we gave over the PA music stuff to SouthernFM.

Most kids havent the faintest idea what punk or most of the stuff that is played actually is.

If you give the kids some sort of thing they can relate to, it will encourage them to remember their experience.

We are talking about creating an atmosphere and I know stuffy old bastards dont like goal celebration music, but if you have been to Middlesborough etc etc, you see what effect music has on atmosphere.

I think the time has come to now aim our music to the youngsters we are so desparate to encourage

Wise words Dave except for the goal music

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Just a selfish personal opinion but I quite enjoy
a bit of punk before the start of a football match. Quite look forward to what he's going to play each week. Sham 69 at Upton Park before the game. Class!!!

Don't forget we only get 15 minutes each game, but wouldn't be adverse to a bit of Razorlight, Snow Patrol, Kasabian etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Anybody but SFM, we will have two songs (the same every week) followed by crap adverts, and no never ever ever ever ever have goal music

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Yeah lets ask the kids who blow their horns and annoy me every time they do it.You guys are going soft with your old age no doubt.Attilla's music isn't that bad and lets face it , it's origional.As for Southern FM well Dave the Gaffer, that is the most out of touch suggestion i've heared in ages.They wouldn't know good music if it f***ed them up the arse and called them Betty.I'd rather they hold out for someone with good taste thank you!:censored:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
nutter said:
Yeah lets ask the kids who blow their horns and annoy me every time they do it.You guys are going soft with your old age no doubt.Attilla's music isn't that bad and lets face it , it's origional.As for Southern FM well Dave the Gaffer, that is the most out of touch suggestion i've heared in ages.They wouldn't know good music if it f***ed them up the arse and called them Betty.I'd rather they hold out for someone with good taste thank you!:censored:

Ok then..Splash FM, Juice Radio 1...whoever, but someone that yougsters listen to.

Just what relevance is The Clash or whoever to the people we are desparate to encourage? Atilla's music is great to us oldies, but has no interest to these kids.

That is all I am getting at.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Funny isn't it but the youngsters who post on here have been discussing the Beatles, Who, Led Zeppelin etc, etc just recently.

Do we actually know what the 'youngsters' prefer?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
nutter said:
As for Southern FM well Dave the Gaffer, that is the most out of touch suggestion i've heared in ages.They wouldn't know good music if it f***ed them up the arse and called them Betty.I'd rather they hold out for someone with good taste thank you!:censored:

Thats the funniest thing I've read on here in ages! :lol: :lolol:

You obviously know Dave personally!! :lolol: :nono:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Dave the Gaffer said:
Ok then..Splash FM, Juice Radio 1...whoever, but someone that yougsters listen to.

Just what relevance is The Clash or whoever to the people we are desparate to encourage? Atilla's music is great to us oldies, but has no interest to these kids.

Splash FM is a good shout.. not least because they play music to suit ALL tastes and they show up Southern FM's 'More Music Variety' claim as the farce that it is...

Lord Bracknell said:
I'm told that the ability to detect sarcasm diminishes with age.

:)

I hear that Tom-Tom can now detect it, and comes bundled with 'patronising detector IIi'.

I did hear though, that although age cannot effect these softwares, you have to keep re-setting them after a heavy NSC session, as 'bullshit detector xxsp2' has been compromised lately - and there was a 'keeper 1 or 2' virus going around.

Dave the Gaffer said:

Have you actually mentioned this to Attila?
A wholesale replacement is a bit drastic, unless you and many others are disgruntled with a refusal to change.

My gruntle is still in place, personally - though the occasional new tune is always a good thing (although the likes of lil' Chris might dislodge my gruntle after a while).

Howabout a little 'goalscore' jingle?
It has worked well in NA Hockey in the past. In Los Angeles they always played 'Rock and Roll pt 1' by Gary Glitter, which is no longer to be encouraged. Something along the lines of Star Wars Theme? 'I Got You (I Feel Good)' by James Brown?

Dave the Gaffer said:
Now we are trying to attract the younger generation, isnt't it time we gave over the PA music stuff to SouthernFM.

Most kids havent the faintest idea what punk or most of the stuff that is played actually is.

If you give the kids some sort of thing they can relate to, it will encourage them to remember their experience.

We are talking about creating an atmosphere and I know stuffy old bastards dont like goal celebration music, but if you have been to Middlesborough etc etc, you see what effect music has on atmosphere.

I think the time has come to now aim our music to the youngsters we are so desparate to encourage

Southern FM! Do me a favour. Please don't ask that shit to do Withdean's music. If you are going to ask someone else to do it get a young local DJ or ask Juice to do it.

D'Angelo Saxon said:
Whats wrong with a bit of goal music?

I think we are only allowed to play music fifteen minutes before kick off.
It's part of the terms of our lease at Withdean.

Southover Street Seagull said:

It's part of the terms of our lease at Withdean.

That's part of the 'Withdean Atmosphere Problem', all of the terms and conditions we have to live under. Can't play music, can't sell tickets on the day at the ground, draconian parking regulations, etc., etc. How the hell are we supposed to generate any excitement when we've signed up to lease a 'virtual morgue' for crying out loud?

Time to start shaking off some of the restrictions and make the place feel like a football ground.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Nemesis said:
That's part of the 'Withdean Atmosphere Problem', all of the terms and conditions we have to live under. Can't play music, can't sell tickets on the day at the ground, draconian parking regulations, etc., etc. How the hell are we supposed to generate any excitement when we've signed up to lease a 'virtual morgue' for crying out loud?

Time to start shaking off some of the restrictions and make the place feel like a football ground.

Any bright ideas of how to get round the planning permission?
If we could shake off the restrictions it would give the NIMBYs even more ammunition to fight Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here