Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not a pop at Atilla, but.....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Now we are trying to attract the younger generation, isnt't it time we gave over the PA music stuff to SouthernFM.

Most kids havent the faintest idea what punk or most of the stuff that is played actually is.

If you give the kids some sort of thing they can relate to, it will encourage them to remember their experience.

We are talking about creating an atmosphere and I know stuffy old bastards dont like goal celebration music, but if you have been to Middlesborough etc etc, you see what effect music has on atmosphere.

I think the time has come to now aim our music to the youngsters we are so desparate to encourage

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No goal music EVER! But you have a point about the background stuff.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
goal music at the moment wouldnt be any use, u have to score goals

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
i agree let SFM take over the music they might even pay the club a few quid if they can advertise the station.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As much as I dont mind a bit of punk music myself little bulldog agree's with you DTG and would like something a bit more modern.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
May not be a bad idea. To be honest I don't really care what music is played (just as long as it isn't Phil Collins or Genesis), happy to listen to older stuff but there is plenty of reasonable music around at the moment that may be more to the taste of the younger supporters.

However, despite wanting to see us score hatfuls of goals, I don't want celebration music.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
something kind of ooh, jumping on my tutu, something kind of me, wants a part of you-oo

1066gull

Please can we NOT have that annoying Nicky over the PA System squealing:nono:

Dave the Gaffer said:
Now we are trying to attract the younger generation, isnt't it time we gave over the PA music stuff to SouthernFM.
Nah. STHs are the lifeblood of this Club. They stump up MILLIONS OF POUNDS every March. Their taste in music MUST be given priority. Or we'll be playing in Conference South in three years time.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Re: Re: Not a pop at Atilla, but.....

Lord Bracknell said:
Nah. STHs are the lifeblood of this Club. They stump up MILLIONS OF POUNDS every March. Their taste in music MUST be given priority. Or we'll be playing in Conference South in three years time.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Atilla's music is brilliant. If he goes we would get the cheeky girls and the latest off the X factor production line - no thanks.

Keep up the good work Atilla

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Not a pop at Atilla, but.....

Lord Bracknell said:

:lolol:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Stinky Kat said:
Atilla's music is brilliant. If he goes we would get the cheeky girls and the latest off the X factor production line - no thanks.

Keep up the good work Atilla
Step aside Atilla, It's CHICO time.

:jester:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That sounds very bitter from a man who does so much for the Albion. People either do or do not buy season tickets for whatever reason but there is no need to take the p..s because somebody does chose to buy one.

Seeing as the atmosphere at Withdean is so dead why not play Classic FM.

William Chops

Feb 3, 2007
Lets be a but different from all other clubs and keep Atilla.

Besides, do you really think kids go the game and pay much attention to the prematch music? Do you really think it makes a difference to them? The fact we do play The Clash makes it stand out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
William Chops said:
Lets be a but different from all other clubs and keep Atilla.

Besides, do you really think kids go the game and pay much attention to the prematch music? Do you really think it makes a difference to them? The fact we do play The Clash makes it stand out.

Maybe we should ask the kids for their opinion? After all we have moved on from the days when kids should be seen but not heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here