Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It seems to me that most of the posters on this thread that are spouting the rules and their holier than thou comments, don't actually have their seats in the NS, but elsewhere.
The situation today smacks of what happened a few weeks ago, when a chap a few rows back was chucked out, he had a walking stick, was about 50 ish and he and his Dad were ejected. He did not really argue, and the steward tried to man handle him, but fell over in the process.
I think the stewards were on a mission today, as they were that week.
Seems to me they look out for the easy target.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I think you're confusing me with someone who does get upset. Still no response to the theatre question then. Perhaps a few more insults might mask the fact you have no answer.
O/K I will try for the financially prudent.

The simple answer is that Football is a participation sport,not a spectator event,the theatre or the cinema requires the audience to be spoonfed entertainment to absorb but not participate.So one would naturally just sit there and take in that we are given.
Football is a sport where the crowd can influence the event,where participation can change the dynamic of the game.The theatre or the cinema can only give you a fixed end result.
It is easier to get involved in that dynamic whilst standing,easier to immerse yourself in the action.
Ask Gus why he stands for so much of the game,he will tell you the same.He has.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
In this thread title, it says the situation on standing is a "joke". To be honest, id say some of our fans are a "joke" from their replies on this thread. Like it or not, they are the ground regulations and until safe standing is trialed/brought in - you got to follow the regulations.

I havent ever been asked to sit in the North, mainly as those in front of me stand - but should i be asked to sit - then i will. Im not stupid enough to lose my season ticket and get a ban over standing up.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Thats bloody clever. Raymondbriggs can throw his voice.

Well I saw your 'question' which you clearly intended to be a comparison?

I'm afraid comparing the feeling and emotions one feels watching football to watching a west end musical or a bloody movie is pathetic!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
nothing has been as bad as today,couldnt beleive how empty and quiet it was,couldnt even hear the judge tbf,lets hope you raise your game with the scum

Quite a few, many more for the second half, moved to the new seats under the police box to try then out.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
O/K I will try for the financially prudent.

The simple answer is that Football is a participation sport,not a spectator event,the theatre or the cinema requires the audience to be spoonfed entertainment to absorb but not participate.So one would naturally just sit there and take in that we are given.
Football is a sport where the crowd can influence the event,where participation can change the dynamic of the game.The theatre or the cinema can only give you a fixed end result.
It is easier to get involved in that dynamic whilst standing,easier to immerse yourself in the action.
Ask Gus why he stands for so much of the game,he will tell you the same.He has.

So the short answer is you would get upset. Why is it that 25,000 other football fans who are equally supportive and involved can respectfully stick to the safety rules.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The bloke who got ejected was my brother. He hasn't been arrested, but I don't think he will be back in the ground any time soon, either as a result of the ban or the fact that he is so pissed off with the club.

I sit in the South West so I don't know what happened. just going by his Facebook update:

"Brighton and hove albion can fuckin do one for chuckin me out for standing up and telling a thick f*** steward that hes a willock ...north stand rule......x"

I'm not defending him in any way, but he has sat in the same seat in the North this season and last, and like most people around him has never sat, and never been asked to sit. He doesn't drink so wasn't in any way drunk if anyone thinks that.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Well I saw your 'question' which you clearly intended to be a comparison?

I'm afraid comparing the feeling and emotions one feels watching football to watching a west end musical or a bloody movie is pathetic!

In both cases you have paid good money for a seat with unrestricted views. Quite a lot of similarities there.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So the short answer is you would get upset. Why is it that 25,000 other football fans who are equally supportive and involved can respectfully stick to the safety rules.

Look I've read all these pages, just shut up now. The noisy end stands at football grounds, that's just the way it is. Get over it.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Look I've read all these pages, just shut up now. The noisy end stands at football grounds, that's just the way it is. Get over it.

I'm afraid they use to, but dont now. So I guess you've got some 'getting over' to do.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Not the point im getting at my friend. Its the SAME ground, therefore the SAME regulations should be enforced

Why though?

If the regulations don't make sense then don't enforce them.

If everybody did this then the powers that be would be forced to change the regulations to something more sensible.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If everybody did this then the powers that be would be forced to change the regulations to something more sensible.

It must be wonderful living in cloud cuckoo land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here