Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
It must be wonderful living in cloud cuckoo land.

Are you mental?

How do you think things ever get changed? People disagree with rules laid down by authority, disobey the rules and eventually the authority is forced to either change its rules or lose all power.

The standing rule is clearly stupid, and anybody who obeys stupid rules just because they are rules is also stupid.

And you, Uncle C, are more than qualified to lead these lemmings off a cliff once the club makes a rule telling you to do so.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Sorry if this has been answered before, but why are visiting supporters allowed to stand? Surely the same "rules" should apply to all areas.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
So that will be every club that has rules against standing in a seating area.

Here's old trafford:
uk-old-trafford-giggs-banne.jpg

Here's Anfield
ynwa11.jpg

It was for me the way in which the fan was treated today that made me feel a bit upset at the state in which our modern day football club is run. He didnt swear at the steward or be abusive towards him, he raised his voice as he was being singled out for no apparent reason. I asked the steward why he was throwing him out and he told me " for raising his voice". If he has been thrown out, had his season ticket taken away and arrested for that then christ. Again I saw the entire incident from start to finish as did many.

The biggest joke was the way in which the stewards stopped coming into the stand after he was thrown out. They have made an example of one poor man today and thought "job done". I also recognise the 2/3 stewards invloved to be the ones who were an utter pain in the the back side at Withers aswell.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The guy who was evicted was in a standing section and so were the fans behind him. They have all been there since the first game at the Amex. There have never been any problems before today. The stewards were on one.... (any better for you?).

Thanks, for making it clear. So are you telling me that not one single person behind where the man was standing wanted to sit down for the entire 90 minutes.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Do you have difficulty understanding what I said. The Away fans Stand and the noisy fans in home ends stand, the kop, the stretford, the shed, the holt end etc etc etc all the way down the leagues. It might be officially against rules. But it's just that they are rules that aren't really enforced. It's all for show to confirm with some daft ott rule, that had a place in football in 1990 but not at modern stadia these days.
EVERY club with all seater stadia has a section of fans that generally stand throughout. If you don't like it, just don't get a ticket in that section.
Blimey!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
It was for me the way in which the fan was treated today that made me feel a bit upset at the state in which our modern day football club is run. He didnt swear at the steward or be abusive towards him, he raised his voice as he was being singled out for no apparent reason. I asked the steward why he was throwing him out and he told me " for raising his voice". If he has been thrown out, had his season ticket taken away and arrested for that then christ. Again I saw the entire incident from start to finish as did many.

The biggest joke was the way in which the stewards stopped coming into the stand after he was thrown out. They have made an example of one poor man today and thought "job done". I also recognise the 2/3 stewards invloved to be the ones who were an utter pain in the the back side at Withers aswell.

THIS is exactly the point.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Are you mental?

How do you think things ever get changed? People disagree with rules laid down by authority, disobey the rules and eventually the authority is forced to either change its rules or lose all power.

The standing rule is clearly stupid, and anybody who obeys stupid rules just because they are rules is also stupid.

And you, Uncle C, are more than qualified to lead these lemmings off a cliff once the club makes a rule telling you to do so.

I've seen children stamp their feet and fall on the ground screaming because they want something, but it doesn't often work. If you and others are committed to getting a standing area why dont you go about it properly.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The guy who was evicted was in a standing section and so were the fans behind him. They have all been there since the first game at the Amex. There have never been any problems before today. The stewards were on one.... (any better for you?).

He wasnt, he was SIX rows from the back, 1 row in front of me. That said we never usually have any problems.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough

O/K,surely with your experience of supporting the Albion by computer and on the telly you have noticed that standing happens totally unobstructed by the stewards at every home game,away fans stand all game every game.
Surely you have seen MOTD,it is on every saturday.Standing takes place in the Premier League in most top level games,it happens in the football league,in Champions league games and at world cups,they even stood during the olympic football.
The rules are ignored an a bit of common sense should be applied at Falmer.
I made my decision 2 years ago,to ensure a good view for my grandson I chose WSU but I am tolerant of those who wish to stand.
Why are you so opposed?
I ask again.Where is your seat?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He wasnt, he was SIX rows from the back, 1 row in front of me. That said we never usually have any problems.

Please dont give the game away. The brigade that advocate four standing rows will not be impressed as you've justy ruined their arguments.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I've seen children stamp their feet and fall on the ground screaming because they want something, but it doesn't often work. If you and others are committed to getting a standing area why dont you go about it properly.

Who is screaming and stamping their feet?

Me and others have written to the club about safe standing and it was blown out the water in a letter about standing sent by Paul Barber to all season ticket holders. Well I assume all. I got one anyway but I do hold a North season ticket.

Guess your letter must have gotten lost in the post.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I saw the entire thing unfold as was sitting about 3 rows behind to the right of the chap who was thrown out. As somebody who sits in the back four rows I like to stand and also, at times, like to sit down. Some people infront of me DO create an issue by standing in pockets of 3/4 people persistently and this is evidentally against the rules. But, one person does not cause this problem and today as per usual one person was singled out. IF he was arrested for what happened then not only is it astonishing but the stewards are also lying.

The gentleman was among a number of fans asked to sit, he did not refuse or swear at the steward but raised his voice in stating it was ridiculous, like a number of others have done. He stated to the steward that if anybody behind him was annoyed then he would sit. This is how the convo went. He said this with a raised voice and this was enough for the stewards to chuck him out. They stated he would be thrown out and at half time had 4 police officers and about 6 stewards waiting for him, whilst they also said they would take his season ticket. IF he has been arrested then they also lied as he left quietly, did not behave disorderly and infact the stewards stated he would not be arrested for what had happened.

Every single fan was shocked at the manner in which he was treated. It will only anger people in the stand. The steward also had the cheek to say you could "write to the club" to which many laughed as from experience a reply is never forthcoming. It is a complete joke the way people are ushered out in the stand. It is all very black and white, you are treated like a child there is no reasoning. Any slight discrepancy and you are out. No warnings. No nothing. The guy thrown out was the most unthreatening, unassuming man who has sat there since the ground opened in a group of people who regularly back the team. You have people smoking, drinking and being abusive to one and other in sections of the stand and people are thrown out for this.

Take it from me, it was an utter joke he was thrown out and worthy of a protest, seriously. I dont come to post much on here anymore but the way he was treated makes me feel very distant and unatatched to this club. Its more that people are treated. Its there passion and release for some people and the stewards do not understand this.

Your eyewitness account stacks up as to what really happened, rather than that of the speculators who deem the club's security staff as all a lovely bunch of folk / and standing is just so criminal, brigade.

From the WSU it looked like the NS were having a great game. The first attempt to force sitting down, was unsubtley met by a stand if you hate palace chant to orchestrate 2,500 standing up on mass.

Security then gathered in the corners, made a little plan, then made a personalised move to single out the lead 'criminals' resulting in the scuffle.

The thousand shouting "wankers" summed up feelings of injustice.

If the Albion continue with these Stalinist tactics even in the raucous/vocal stand, there is a long term danger the ground will become like the dull Emirates with just quiet corporates and families.

Question .... Are we policing these minor transgressions more heavily than other clubs? The two tier Palace main end for example always looks vibrant, with sittng ignored in large sections. Leads to a more raucous atmosphere, and the so called 12th man against opposition teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here