Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Keep Standing guys, keep complaining, safe standing is about 2 seasons away for an English club and maybe 5 season away for us. It will take off as soon as a prem or champ club does it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Where does it actually specify you have to be sitting down ? The Football Supporters Federation (FSF) have pointed out that you're only breaking ground regulations by standing up. How many fans watching football have been arrested for "breaking the law" as they watch the match on their way to the toilet during a game ?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Last performance I went to was Elbow at the 02,I got standing tickets on the floor,it was a much better experience than many concerts I have had to sit through.

Still not answered the question. Nice avoiding tactics.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I think you're confusing me with someone who does get upset. Still no response to the theatre question then. Perhaps a few more insults might mask the fact you have no answer.
Pay up uncle c,uncle c pay up.

Sure your view of the game is RUINED every time someone stands near your computer on a saturday afternoon,BTW does NSC update the scores quickly enough for you?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I saw the entire thing unfold as was sitting about 3 rows behind to the right of the chap who was thrown out. As somebody who sits in the back four rows I like to stand and also, at times, like to sit down. Some people infront of me DO create an issue by standing in pockets of 3/4 people persistently and this is evidentally against the rules. But, one person does not cause this problem and today as per usual one person was singled out. IF he was arrested for what happened then not only is it astonishing but the stewards are also lying.

The gentleman was among a number of fans asked to sit, he did not refuse or swear at the steward but raised his voice in stating it was ridiculous, like a number of others have done. He stated to the steward that if anybody behind him was annoyed then he would sit. This is how the convo went. He said this with a raised voice and this was enough for the stewards to chuck him out. They stated he would be thrown out and at half time had 4 police officers and about 6 stewards waiting for him, whilst they also said they would take his season ticket. IF he has been arrested then they also lied as he left quietly, did not behave disorderly and infact the stewards stated he would not be arrested for what had happened.

Every single fan was shocked at the manner in which he was treated. It will only anger people in the stand. The steward also had the cheek to say you could "write to the club" to which many laughed as from experience a reply is never forthcoming. It is a complete joke the way people are ushered out in the stand. It is all very black and white, you are treated like a child there is no reasoning. Any slight discrepancy and you are out. No warnings. No nothing. The guy thrown out was the most unthreatening, unassuming man who has sat there since the ground opened in a group of people who regularly back the team. You have people smoking, drinking and being abusive to one and other in sections of the stand and people are thrown out for this.

Take it from me, it was an utter joke he was thrown out and worthy of a protest, seriously. I dont come to post much on here anymore but the way he was treated makes me feel very distant and unatatched to this club. Its more that people are treated. Its there passion and release for some people and the stewards do not understand this.

Watching it all unfold, couldn't help but think how sad it was to see stewards of the club rushing in to throw our own fans out for seemingly doing very little. This does the club's PR no good at all. Surely there's got to be a better way of handling the situation than sending in the heavy mob? On the one hand the club say they want to create a better atmosphere, on the other someone who stands up is ejected and allegedly threatened with being banned. Way, way over the top. Certainly not an appropriate way to treat 'customers'.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
No, it was quiet on the whole today with a lot of empty seats around the ENTIRE stadium - but dont let that stop your North Stand bashing.

JCL my arse, the whole ground has been like it recently.

nothing has been as bad as today,couldnt beleive how empty and quiet it was,couldnt even hear the judge tbf,lets hope you raise your game with the scum

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Keep Standing guys, keep complaining, safe standing is about 2 seasons away for an English club and maybe 5 season away for us. It will take off as soon as a prem or champ club does it.

Its a great idea, but has to be in an area where everyone stands. Not just a few selfish ones standing in front of people who wish to sit.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Pay up uncle c,uncle c pay up.

Sure your view of the game is RUINED every time someone stands near your computer on a saturday afternoon,BTW does NSC update the scores quickly enough for you?

Still no answer. Keep digging.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have said this on threads before and I will say it again.

Numerous clubs in our division allow standing on mass. Just this season I have seen it at Cardiff, Leicester, Blackpool, Millwall, Palace.

Are they ignoring licensing rules? Or are they taking a more pragmatic and sensible approach? I think they have it right and we have it wrong.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I am sure I am adding nothing to this thread that hasn't been added over the last 7 pages but what really gets me is the fact that there really shouldn't be anyone in the North Stand that takes exception to standing. There are available seats all over the rest of the ground, and always have been (as much as there ever were in the North anyway).

I am well aware that the "rules" are that you should sit down most the time, and there was always going to be some level of disagreement between the stewards and the fans over the issue of standing, and I'm not even going to say that the club/stewards are in the wrong to be doing what they are. But all this "you are being inconsiderate" stuff just shouldn't exist - there shouldn't be anyone in the North Stand who isn't prepared to stand up. I don't buy the argument of "I want the atmosphere but I want to sit down" - you can enjoy the atmosphere created from anywhere in the ground, but it was always obvious that the North was going to try and stand, and even if it wasn't, it's obvious now and there are seats elsewhere. Let's be united as fans in this at least.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
nothing has been as bad as today,couldnt beleive how empty and quiet it was,couldnt even hear the judge tbf,lets hope you raise your game with the scum

Hopefully it will, The Judge wasnt in his usual seat in N1F (N1C) today and i couldnt hear him anywhere else either. Hopefully it shall be rocking against Palace, thats the kind of result that will improve things, massively.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Its a great idea, but has to be in an area where everyone stands. Not just a few selfish ones standing in front of people who wish to sit.

Of course it will be. The north end and corners will be safe standing. You buy a ticket there if you want to stand, if you don't you buy a ticket elsewhere. It stops all these spats. Although to be honest the North was always gonna stand. Even though the club said back 4 rows etc, only a wally would think that there wouldn't be standing in the north end. It is the same at almost every all seater stadia in the uk. The away fans stand and so do the noisy section of home fans. That's just the way it is.
Safe standing will be better for all, all round.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Suppose they had to be c*nts today as the whole NS will be standing in the next home game
Beligerence then...that will solve everything....you are lucky to be allowed the four back rows...it's an ALL SEATER stadium as per rules...why do people have to take humbrage...just what are they trying to prove....'I'M ME AND I CAN DO WHAT I LIKE!'....very butch.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
At least he has paid for the chance to stand.People who don't go to games have no right to hold an opinion on those that do.

Ignore this troll folks,keep the faith and keep standing.

Still awaiting an answer to this question. Surely you've had long enought to find an answer. Perhaps Google it if your struggling.

So if you went to the theatre or cinema and the guy in front decided he fancied standing throughout the performance I take it you would be tolerant of that?

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Still awaiting an answer to this question. Surely you've had long enought to find an answer. Perhaps Google it if your struggling.

So if you went to the theatre or cinema and the guy in front decided he fancied standing throughout the performance I take it you would be tolerant of that?

I would tolerate that if it was a football match on the screen and expect that due to the passionate and spontaneous nature of football.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I would tolerate that if it was a football match on the screen and expect that due to the passionate and spontaneous nature of football.

Thats bloody clever. Raymondbriggs can throw his voice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here