Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North stand standing what a joke

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Like the sign said on the big screen. We have the best seats in country, now sit in them.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
So if you went to the theatre or cinema and the guy in front decided he fancied standing throughout the performance I take it you would be tolerant of that?

Answer the rest of my quote or admit you are a sad f*** with only the boring line to cling to.
BTW where do you sit?
How often is your view "ruined"
Why not get your seat moved to the many available in the ESU?

IndianaPaul

Kingdom Of Withdean
Dec 19, 2008
so I can arrive at 1pm, stand infront of my seat until im forced to sit at 3pm, when i can stand again at 345, be told to sit again at 4pm and then stand until im chucked out? same ground, same regulations, and have I fallen overor ever been in danger? so why those 90 minutes?! and don't ever get me started on the away fans! if palace stand, i'll stand.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Absolutely. The stadium holds over thirty thousand people. There is one stand that holds two and a half thousand people, which is widely acknowledged to be a bit rowdier than the rest, and to be somewhere where ground regulations aren't followed as stringently. This stand covers under 10% of the stadium, so why in God's name would you choose to sit there if you are such a stickler for the rules and can't bear anyone bending them? I just don't understand it.

Perhaps cause only 10% of the 10% feel they need to stand. Is it a hemorrhoid thing?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Answer the rest of my quote or admit you are a sad f*** with only the boring line to cling to.
BTW where do you sit?
How often is your view "ruined"
Why not get your seat moved to the many available in the ESU?

Your not a politician are you, having neatly bodyswerved the question?

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
This. When Millwall last came down they spent a lot of the time throwing coins and bottles at the Brighton fans in the south stand but the stewards didn't attempt to do anything about that. Yet I've been told to sit down in the South stand when no one was sitting in the next two rows behind me.

The only way to fix this problem is for safe standing to be made legal and be installed in the Amex. But that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I sit in the south stand and that was bollocks that the stewards didn't do anything about the coins I remember seeing two of the south home stewards going in to the away end talking to the away end supervisors and then saw the people who supposedly threw the coins leave with the supervisor and then not come back!
Being a steward is a thankless job and someone has to do it, yes there a few that are bellends but that's like everything in life! I for one am quite content with the ones we have in the south, all seem spot on!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
so I can arrive at 1pm, stand infront of my seat until im forced to sit at 3pm, when i can stand again at 345, be told to sit again at 4pm and then stand until im chucked out? same ground, same regulations, and have I fallen overor ever been in danger? so why those 90 minutes?! and don't ever get me started on the away fans! if palace stand, i'll stand.

But but but, its the rules.

You must conform!

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
WHY SHOULD SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT EVEN GO TO GAMES GET SO UPSET.

I think you're confusing me with someone who does get upset. Still no response to the theatre question then. Perhaps a few more insults might mask the fact you have no answer.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
tbh the north stand are letting themselves down,loads of empty seats (and i mean loads),and very poor singing again,is it the jcl stand now?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
so I can arrive at 1pm, stand infront of my seat until im forced to sit at 3pm, when i can stand again at 345, be told to sit again at 4pm and then stand until im chucked out? same ground, same regulations, and have I fallen overor ever been in danger? so why those 90 minutes?!

Cause the guy behind has paid for a seat with a view of the game, not your backside.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
So if you went to the theatre or cinema and the guy in front decided he fancied standing throughout the performance I take it you would be tolerant of that?

Last performance I went to was Elbow at the 02,I got standing tickets on the floor,it was a much better experience than many concerts I have had to sit through.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
And where there does it say it is illegal to stand up?

Schedule 2 para 2 'spectators shall only be allowed to watch.. a match from seated accommodation' read that howyou want but it's what the club must abide by

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
tbh the north stand are letting themselves down,loads of empty seats (and i mean loads),and very poor singing again,is it the jcl stand now?

No, it was quiet on the whole today with a lot of empty seats around the ENTIRE stadium - but dont let that stop your North Stand bashing.

JCL my arse, the whole ground has been like it recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here