Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Season Tickets £395 *** All verified - Bozza ***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I see that there are further student protests taking place today - the same day that the Albion release season ticket pricing? Coincidence?

£1 a day for a season ticket. That's 1 less beer every 3 days. I guess students are just going to have to make such a sacrifice, poor things.

It's not students, it's anyone aged between 18-21. I know a few wealthy 20 yr olds as well!

I think anyone in that age group, no matter how disappointing this news is, has to see it as they've had it very reasonable for the last few years - your season ticket has been cheaper than watching Lewes!!

http://www.lewesfc.com/news/2009/07/01/season-tickets-now-on-sale

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Out of interest, the "Under 18" idea, is that based on at the time of purchase, or at the start of the season.

If its at the start of the season, i've got £395 quid to find.

Shit :lolol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Never mind the ticket prices, will there be adequate numbers of forks?

I'm sorry but we were promised sporks for all, if this was just another 1901 sweetner, I will be furious. :rant:

Attachments

• Sporks.png
    Sporks.png
    258 KB · Views: 284

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
If you are 18 you are an adult. You can drink, drive, vote and work. Therefore you should pay the same price as those over 21. I see the argument for student tickets and it saves me a fair amount on away tickets as many clubs do still offer student tickets.

Playing devils advocate here..., but minimum wage for 18-21 year olds is lower than it is for 21+, then factor in that the longer you've been in a job, the more likely you are to be on a higher wage. It's not exactly unfair to say people over 21 will be making a fair bit more money than most people under 21.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Playing devils advocate here..., but minimum wage for 18-21 year olds is lower than it is for 21+, then factor in that the longer you've been in a job, the more likely you are to be on a higher wage. It's not exactly unfair to say people over 21 will be making a fair bit more money than most people under 21.

So perhaps all over-21 STHs should be means-tested? I mean, company directors should obviously pay more for their season ticket than someone working in a call centre....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nobody has started moaning yet that D/D will start in March or full payment in April, months before the start of the season

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
So perhaps all over-21 STHs should be means-tested? I mean, company directors should obviously pay more for their season ticket than someone working in a call centre....

But you could look at the other side of his arguement, that you HAVE to be in college at the age of 18 in order to do A levels, and therefore cannot have a full time job.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Nobody has started moaning yet that D/D will start in March or full payment in April, months before the start of the season

I did wonder how this would affect the STs for 2012/13... if paying for 2011/12 from March '11 - March '12.. I assume this means that the direct debits for the 12/13 season would just continue on from there...

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
But you could look at the other side of his arguement, that you HAVE to be in college at the age of 18 in order to do A levels, and therefore cannot have a full time job.

Absolutely. But what about a part-time job? I worked in a Care Home for the Elderly at weekends and on the Deli counter at TESCO during some evenings when I was that age. I'm pretty sure that I'd have been able to scrape together £30 a month.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sometimes you just can't afford something that you really want. I am pleased that (as far as I know) I can afford my ticket at Falmer, I am fed up because I can't afford a different car, a larger house, or to go on a particular holiday which I want to. But I have made my choices, one of the things I chose was my Albion ticket.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Absolutely. But what about a part-time job? I worked in a Care Home for the Elderly at weekends and on the Deli counter at TESCO during some evenings when I was that age. I'm pretty sure that I'd have been able to scrape together £30 a month.

Undoubtedly.
I work Saturday mornings from 6am until 11am in a newsagents, and luckily got to know the guy well enough that every so often i can arrange a weekend off if i'm going to an away game which doesnt fit around work. I referee aswell on Sundays as I've given up playing, but cant do anymore than that because obviously i've still got college work to fit in.
Its affordable, no doubt about it, but when people come on here presuming every student has a top of the range, £30 a month phone, and the same ability to pay as someone in their early twenties, its not exactly correct is it. I'll probably pay it, dependant on whether i go to university this year, but £400+ is a lot of money for someone in full time education.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Undoubtedly.
I work Saturday mornings from 6am until 11am in a newsagents, and luckily got to know the guy well enough that every so often i can arrange a weekend off if i'm going to an away game which doesnt fit around work. I referee aswell on Sundays as I've given up playing, but cant do anymore than that because obviously i've still got college work to fit in.
Its affordable, no doubt about it, but when people come on here presuming every student has a top of the range, £30 a month phone, and the same ability to pay as someone in their early twenties, its not exactly correct is it. I'll probably pay it, dependant on whether i go to university this year, but £400+ is a lot of money for someone in full time education.

Fair enough. As Superphil mentions above, some things can be afforded and some cant. At 29, I refuse to buy a smartphone (despite how much I want one) as I simply cannot justify paying a minimum of £30 a month, plus the initial purchase cost of about £150 for a fairly recent model. I've got a £10 a month contract on a £30 Nokia. Everyone's needs are different, as are their priorities. If U21s really want to go, then they'll just have to evaluate and budget. Hope you manage to get one.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f*** me shut the f*** up moaning about students and U 21 or whatever. Moan moan moan moan moan

It works out to £38 a month , a frickin paper round could cover that.

GET OVER IT

This news from the club is brilliant !

When can we book our presentations from ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

You are not forced to A levels are you. Most of my mates were working at 18.

At that age you most likely live with your parents so have more disposable income. I spend half of what I earn on rent, bills and food, I probably have less to spunk on football now than I did when I was 18.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
unfortunately the club was never going to make everybody happy, and to be fair the u21 prices at withers was pretty unique and probably designed to get more bums on seats and get the interest of some of the "lost" generation of our fanbase. Do you get concessions anywhere else for u21 (as opposed to student rates)?

Charlton...

Southampton (h) - Sunday, December 26th (1pm)

Tickets for the Boxing Day meeting with Southampton at The Valley (1pm) are on general sale, priced £17, £22 and £25 adults, with over 60s and U21s paying £13 and £17, and all U18s £5. Tickets can be purchased online.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Regarding student pricing - maybe the club realises there is already massive demand from existing albion fans and so are not looking to rope students in for the first season - potentially taking a seat from an 'existing' albion fan.

they may offer student prices for individual tickets, just not season tickets?

(I'm speculating on all this!)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Other student prices...

Peterborough...

0,,10427~5284526,00.gif

Adults: £25
Senior Citizens: £15
Students: £15
Juniors U16: £5
Under 10s: FREE (must obtain a ticket)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Fair enough. As Superphil mentions above, some things can be afforded and some cant. At 29, I refuse to buy a smartphone (despite how much I want one) as I simply cannot justify paying a minimum of £30 a month, plus the initial purchase cost of about £150 for a fairly recent model. I've got a £10 a month contract on a £30 Nokia. Everyone's needs are different, as are their priorities. If U21s really want to go, then they'll just have to evaluate and budget. Hope you manage to get one.

Fair enough. I dont mind reading it like that, but when its in the form of "students will just have to give up their £30 a month iphones" and so on it gets tedious, its the same with the university fee's threads. On a side note, my £10 a month nokia has done me fine for the past 18months too.
If I go to Uni, and it works out that your age is determined on when you purchase a season ticket then ill get one, because at £198 its well worth it. If I go and i'm expected to pay £400 then obviously its not worth it, as ill probably only make about 25% of home games.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
You are not forced to A levels are you. Most of my mates were working at 18.

At that age you most likely live with your parents so have more disposable income. I spend half of what I earn on rent, bills and food, I probably have less to spunk on football now than I did when I was 18.

Cracking argument. Lets all leave school at 16 in order to work for a season ticket. Top work that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here