Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Season Tickets £395 *** All verified - Bozza ***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But you could look at the other side of his arguement, that you HAVE to be in college at the age of 18 in order to do A levels, and therefore cannot have a full time job.

Surely you do A-Levels from the age of 16 through to 18, and therefore are covered by the U18 pricing policy!?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Surely you do A-Levels from the age of 16 through to 18, and therefore are covered by the U18 pricing policy!?

Well anyone in their second year will be 18 before the 2011/12 season starts, so will I presume be paying the full adult fare.

And those saying U21 tickets arent common: Charlton, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Peterborough and Southampton all have U21/Student prices.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Cracking argument. Lets all leave school at 16 in order to work for a season ticket. Top work that.

Personal choice isn't it, I know people who dropped out of college and started work because they liked going up the pub every night. In fact sometimes it isn't always personal choice, what about the people who don't have the aptitude to go through A-levels and uni, are you going to help them in their low paid jobs when you graduate and earn a salary.

You can't set prices based on the personal circumstance of a minority.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It's just for someone who will be 18 by the start of next season, the cost has gone up by £245.00 a year.

If Adult prices had gone up by that much this place would have gone into meltdown.

pcol

Nov 1, 2010
Well anyone in their second year will be 18 before the 2011/12 season starts, so will I presume be paying the full adult fare.

And those saying U21 tickets arent common: Charlton, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Peterborough and Southampton all have U21/Student prices.

do you know if those teams do an U21/student season ticket or just single match sales?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
do you know if those teams do an U21/student season ticket or just single match sales?

Season tickets, just looked at the articles for the start of this season. Suprising how cheap many are, Sheffield Wednesday for example is around £115 for a student.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's just for someone who will be 18 by the start of next season, the cost has gone up by £245.00 a year.

If Adult prices had gone up by that much this place would have gone into meltdown.

And there would be people who will be turning 22 whose price would have increased anyway. The thing with age group prices is that eventually you will move from one to the next.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

No, it doesn't work like that surely!? You start your A-levels in the September following GCSE's, where everyone will be 16 or turning 17 after that September. The following year everyone will be 17 before the start of their 2nd year of A-levels, and certainly 17 before the start of that season. You turn 18 in your final year of A Levels, therefore after the start of the season. I think you'll find the U18 ticket covers those doing A-levels. (which is a lot better than Southampton offer!).

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

And look at the financial mess Southampton/Sheff Wed/Charlton have been in recently

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
After a quick look at the prices it looks like the club are hammering the under 21's and senior citizens with substantial increases

senior's are the same, new sample price £276.50 compared with current £275. U18's new tickets £197.50, current U21 £168, U16 £139.

the only real losers are the over 18's, under 21's.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
mmm on reflection... U10s prices are great, current U16s go up to the U18 bracket and by £100+, and U21s go up to adult prices and over £250+

That seems a bit harsh on teenagers and their parents!

It's going to cost our little group of 5 at least £450 more than our Withdean tickets.

Ouch!

Titanic, this seems to have hit your personal circumstances particularly hard, however if it is any consolation, if my dad had offered to pay for my brother and I to have season tickets at those ages (19 & 15) I would have been totally over the moon and thought it unbelievable ! You are a very generous father !

A £4 a week paper round used to pay for a £1 or £1.50 ticket down the Goldstone when I was 13. I'm sure there are means and ways now. Good Luck !!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Price hasn't gone up, it is a new price, at a new stadium. Perhaps you are confusing it with the price that used to be paid when watching football at a converted running track.
Adult prices have gone up, we are just getting on with it. Some might have to curtail their seating position, where at the moment they prefer to sit in the centre, near the halfway line, now they may be considering moving further out to be able to afford the new prices, either that or we are thinking about digging a bit deeper to pay the higher price for central seats.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Price hasn't gone up, it is a new price, at a new stadium. Perhaps you are confusing it with the price that used to be paid when watching football at a converted running track.
Adult prices have gone up, we are just getting on with it. Some might have to curtail their seating position, where at the moment they prefer to sit in the centre, near the halfway line, now they may be considering moving further out to be able to afford the new prices, either that or we are thinking about digging a bit deeper to pay the higher price for central seats.

It's very easy and ever so slightly smug to say that... but as B4C3 said, if the typical adult prices had DOUBLED for a comparable seat there would be a complete and utter BINFEST on here right now.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's very easy and ever so slightly smug to say that... but as B4C3 said, if the typical adult prices had DOUBLED for a comparable seat there would be a complete and utter BINFEST on here right now.

Yes, but because basically, the only losers in this are the over 18 to 21 year olds, that by majority consent have never had it so good over the last couple seasons with ST's cheaper than a Blue Square South side, everyone (the noisy majority in this case) are overall happy that the vast majority of supporters are not going to notice too much difference.

I think the arguments being made are that it's not unreasonable, in the new stadium, for an adult, i.e. over 18, to pay adult prices. I posted on another thread that Southampton don't have an U18 price band even, and their 'young person' price band is £300+, so comparable in value.

So of course, had every adult been made to pay 100% more for the rest of their lives (not just the 3 years between the ages of 18 and 21), then you would expect a binfest.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
mmm on reflection... U10s prices are great, current U16s go up to the U18 bracket and by £100+, and U21s go up to adult prices and over £250+

That seems a bit harsh on teenagers and their parents!

It's going to cost our little group of 5 at least £450 more than our Withdean tickets.

Ouch!

That works out at

£7.50 a month extra (£1.73 a week) per person.

To watch your team play in the best football stadium in the country, instead of Withdean.

Seems harsh to me.

0,,10433~9224988,00.jpg

Did you think it would be cheaper?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here