Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Season Tickets £395 *** All verified - Bozza ***

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Im goner gun for the most expensive seats and hope all don't sell out as like many have mentioned,its goner be a scramble.:glare:

The good news is we currently have 5k season ticket holders,so 10k to the rest:D

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Price hasn't gone up, it is a new price, at a new stadium. Perhaps you are confusing it with the price that used to be paid when watching football at a converted running track.
Adult prices have gone up, we are just getting on with it. Some might have to curtail their seating position, where at the moment they prefer to sit in the centre, near the halfway line, now they may be considering moving further out to be able to afford the new prices, either that or we are thinking about digging a bit deeper to pay the higher price for central seats.

In your first line you say 'Price hasn't gone up, it is a new price at a new stadium' but you then go on to say...'Adult prices have gone up, we are just getting on with it.' Which is it?

The club have done well in pricing Adult Tickets at £395, but you just don't understand (or are unwilling to understand) that for someone in their second year at College (17, but will be 18 before the start of next season) a jump from £150 to £395 is a HUGE increase.

If Adult prices had gone up 2 1/2 times I can't imagine what the reaction would have been.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Fair enough. I dont mind reading it like that, but when its in the form of "students will just have to give up their £30 a month iphones" and so on it gets tedious, its the same with the university fee's threads. On a side note, my £10 a month nokia has done me fine for the past 18months too.
If I go to Uni, and it works out that your age is determined on when you purchase a season ticket then ill get one, because at £198 its well worth it. If I go and i'm expected to pay £400 then obviously its not worth it, as ill probably only make about 25% of home games.

Maybe thats part of the reason why they haven't offered a student ticket, demand is expected to be very high and to have tickets brought at a bargain price and only partly used by the original purchaser may mean the club might conclude that Students could buy on a match by match basis instead for the games they would have made.

This also means that tickets are not being passed onto other people who may not appear on the clubs database or passed onto someone who wouldn't qualify for the U21 / student price.

I also seem to remember you saying something on here in the past that you didn't mind people abusing the system and using the wrong classification of ticket to gain access at a lower price (cup games?) this could be designed to help eliminate some of the ticketing abuse that has occured at Withdean.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm sorry but £32-£38 a month to watch football in that stadium is a bargain, I really cannot see what there is to complain about. Anyone crossing from a concessionary rate to a full rate is going to be stung which I can appreciate is annoying but it the club have done their best to take the sting out by offering a good deal on the direct debit scheme. I feared much higher prices and am well satisfied with what the Albion have done.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Regarding student pricing - maybe the club realises there is already massive demand from existing albion fans and so are not looking to rope students in for the first season - potentially taking a seat from an 'existing' albion fan.

they may offer student prices for individual tickets, just not season tickets?

(I'm speculating on all this!)

I think you could be right - especially if students are unlikely to attend every match

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In your first line you say 'Price hasn't gone up, it is a new price at a new stadium' but you then go on to say...'Adult prices have gone up, we are just getting on with it.' Which is it?

The club have done well in pricing Adult Tickets at £395, but you just don't understand (or are unwilling to understand) that for someone in their second year at College (17, but will be 18 before the start of next season) a jump from £150 to £395 is a HUGE increase.

If Adult prices had gone up 2 1/2 times I can't imagine what the reaction would have been.
Better get a paper round

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Can't be bothered to trawl through 13 pages of postings but I asked a question of the ticket office and got a very prompt response which will be of interest to all non season ticket holders or special cases. This is basically anyone, like me who has a reg number but is not a season ticket holder, disabled or a litter picker upper.

Thanks to Rowan Bangs for his efficient response, which reads thus:

Dear Tony Towner's Fridge

thank you for your email. Season Tickets are not yet on general sale.

The information that has been made public today is specifically for current Season Ticket holders. Any Season Tickets still available after all current holders have had theirs will be put on general sale next year. Please keep an eye on our website around the end of January for more details.

Regards

Rowan

Rowan Bangs

Assistant Ticket Office Manager

TNBA

TTF

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

sorry, I didn't make myself that clear, yes, some ticket prices have gone up to attend Brighton home football matches, but not all of them, and some have come down. but we really are not comparing like for like.

I am quite willing to understand that your ticket price has gone up, by a lot, but you are getting older, and that is what happens in the real world, until you are 65, then it comes down again. I sympathize with anyone 18-21 for whom this will mean they won't be able to afford a ST for Falmer. But please also understand, I couldn't afford a ST when I was 16, 17 or 18 or even after I started work at 19 or 20, so I didn't have one, I just went to games as and when I could. When I went past the relevent age my admission to the Goldstone DOUBLED this was at either age 16 or 18, I can't remember, and we had no choice, pay double, or stay at home.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
It's just the 'moving of the goalposts' that I don't like.

Like saying an OAP has to be 68 instead of 65 to get cheaper rate. Would that be right?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's just the 'moving of the goalposts' that I don't like.

Like saying an OAP has to be 68 instead of 65 to get cheaper rate. Would that be right?

Well, yes, the Govt have just moved the age at which we all will be able to get our retirement pension. I now have to work an extra year before I can take my pension

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Can't be bothered to trawl through 13 pages of postings but I asked a question of the ticket office and got a very prompt response which will be of interest to all non season ticket holders or special cases. This is basically anyone, like me who has a reg number but is not a season ticket holder, disabled or a litter picker upper.

Thanks to Rowan Bangs for his efficient response, which reads thus:

Dear Tony Towner's Fridge

thank you for your email. Season Tickets are not yet on general sale.

The information that has been made public today is specifically for current Season Ticket holders. Any Season Tickets still available after all current holders have had theirs will be put on general sale next year. Please keep an eye on our website around the end of January for more details.

Take a look at Bozza's comments on this thread

STH + 3 tickets

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Can anyone tell me the age for Seniors. Some other clubs it is 60 but think Brighton it is 65. Is that right
Sorry this was a question not a quote. Think ticket prices are about right, but do have some sympathy for 18-21 year olds, although as some people have said paying in installments is a help.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The jump for 18s-21s is pretty steep but i was watching the film Looking for Eric recently and the main character in the film was a man u supporter who was bemoaning he hadnt gone to a game for nearly 10 yrs cos he couldnt afford it (he was a postman and i know they dont earn huge) but the point was he smoked like f*** throughout the whole film, surely if he was that desparate to get to a game he could`ve cut down on his fags somewhat to pay for a least one ticket.

Now I know a season ticket is a big lump to find for any young person especially on a starters wage but with the monthly pay option, there is probably something you can cut out that would equal 35qd a month if you try hard enough, even if its something like cutting out buying a chocamoca every day and/or sun newspaper or whatever. If you want it badly enough most will find a way. This area of the ticketing is also the most open to abuse as previously stated, i know palarse lost thousands when they were offering season tickets for students for a song and lots of people suddenly found some student friends they could borrow for the application. They cant afford the chance for these seats to go like that, however hard it is on the genuine case.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Exactly - I think the Club need to look atthis URGENTLY.

Cost for an 18/19 year old student will go from £150 per year to £395.00 - more than two and a half times the current cost!

What you going to do? Get fellow students and march on the club shop and riot and demand free seats.

Get a part time job and if that doesn't pay enough then get another one, I did and over 18's should be made to pay full price, students make me vomit. They demand everything but haven't paid F - A into society yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here