Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* No Appointment before Wycombe Game *~*~*

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Only in the field of Brighton football is so much said by so many who know so little.

Spot on. At least Bloom is being professional about it . Lets hope we avoid the farce that happened last time when we were 'publicly' rejected by Gannon. Does nothing for the new manager if he thinks he's second choice. Why should anyone think that anyway - if Bloom interviews a number of candidates and then picks one - at least then he appears to be in charge of the decision.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If discussions had already taken place with Coppell you'd imagine they'd have gone a significant way towards thrashing out a deal. All that would remain this week would be to dot the i's and cross the t's. Add this to the fact that we were told there could be an appointment this week. Not saying it's definitely the case - but you could draw this conclusion if you believe discussions took place last week.

You make it sound so simple. If only...

Where did it say there could be an appointment this week?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
My interpretation of events is that Coppell has accepted the job, but, to avoid the impression that he has acted with indecent haste following the dismissal of Slade, Bloom is going through the motions of speaking with all interested parties.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
My interpretation of events is that Coppell has accepted the job, but, to avoid the impression that he has acted with indecent haste following the dismissal of Slade, Bloom is going through the motions of speaking with all interested parties.

Ah an optimist! I like it, hope your hunch is right! :thumbsup:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Where did it say there could be an appointment this week?

Steve Brown's comments in the Argus:

I am sure the directors will have a new man in place by the weekend.

I will enjoy my time training the first team. I’ll try to put on sessions which keep them interested and, at the same time, make them understand what Martin wants if he is charge at the weekend.

plus people on here said there'd be an appointment on Tuesday then today.
Again, all depends what/who you believe.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
plus people on here said there'd be an appointment on Tuesday then today.

Not the best place to get the facts! "People on here" are even worse at predicting managers, and announcements of same, than they are at tipping racehorses!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Just seen and could be somthing in this......

Just got a text stating Alan Curbishley was seen driving on the M25 past Heathrow and towards the Brighton Exit, read into that what you will?

Fingers crossed
:clap2:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Just got a text stating Alan Curbishley was seen driving on the M25 past Heathrow and towards the Brighton Exit, read into that what you will?

Fingers crossed
:clap2:

Probably getting a flight from Gatwick to open an offshore account somewhere warm:laugh:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Says to me that Coppell doesn't want the job and Bloom is looking at other candidates.

Or maybe he does and maybe the coaching staff he wants to work with him are still attached to other clubs and we've got to negotiate they're releases? None of us really know whats going on but as Tony Bloom has said the important thing is getting the right man for the job however long it takes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here