Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* No Appointment before Wycombe Game *~*~*

bhafc2003

Oct 28, 2008
have been told that coppell has the weekend to think about his offer and will tell the club on monday

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Excellent statement from TB, not bad news at all and I'm confident that the right decision will be made at the right time. Definitely not the time to rush, what could in all possibility be the most important mangerial appointment in our history.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I imagine that's why he's taking it slow. Waiting to see if Brown gets fired, and his replacement appointed quickly, otherwise he'll be at the whims of potential managers if he wants one of the top names touted at the moment.

This is what I'm thinking too - what happens if Hull win at the weekend?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last post from me until the announcement then.

I'm not reading this as a good sign re:Coppell, but agree with TLO that this is about the appointment of a team, not just one man, and that undoubtedly complicates things somewhat.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The way I read it, this is arguably Tony Bloom's most important football club decision (as opposed to stadium) he has had to make so far.

It's vital he gets it right.

To that end, he will speak to a number of candidates, and they will pitch their ideas, requirements and costs to the Chairman. There will evidently be more discussions and negotiations involving the club and prospective manager(s). There will also need to be discussions between the club and the people the manager wants to bring in.

Not sure if this procedure is correct, but I'd imagine TB will also run this stuff by the Board of Directors as well.

This sort of shit doesn't happen overnight.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Why the heck are people banging on about Phil Brown? Do you think the majority of applicants are really undecided between us and Hull?...

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
It is, and I'm probably wrong. This situation does remind me of the Gannon / Ince situation last time round when all the buzz was around them and Slade ended up getting the job.

It's not like the Gannon situation, thankfully. Back then, Dick showed his hand by announcing that Gannon was the preferred candidate.

Bloom is wisely saying nothing about any individual candidate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Says to me that Coppell doesn't want the job and Bloom is looking at other candidates.

Remember how long he took to agree to go to Reading? I imagine Coppell would want quite a few guarantees IF he is even interested in the job. I'd be surprised if he took less than a week to say yes assuming he's even in the frame..

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Makes sense for him to nail down a definite answer from whoever he is after before spouting off. Once one manager turns a club down the whole thing loses momentum and other candidates lose interest and question why they weren't first choice. Bit like last time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here