Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* No Appointment before Wycombe Game *~*~*

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There are so many managers jobs and these days (even in the lower leagues) you are likely to get high profile out of work managers enquiring about a role.

The conversation probably ends quite quickly with most when the salary details/budget are revealed.

But looking from the outside, we've very publically got a new chairman who has pumped millions into the club. We've also cleared out the backroom squad which is another positive for someone higher profile wishing to bring a team in.

So I'd imagine we've had a number of applicants of varying quality and it's prudent to go through them all.

I'd include in the higher profile bracket, manager like Gannon. Someone a championship club or even a skint lower Premiership club may take a punt on.

If the higher profile candidates exist, The Hull situation can't be helping though.

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think that is correct. Also we may have a problem now if Brown is sacked on sunday. Not good. :nono:

The new Hull chairman gave Brown his backing - he did not say how many games he had but from what I gather he will have a few weeks to turn things around.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
So are people saying that Coppell or whoever is saying to Bloom "hang on Tone, I'll let you know if Phil Brown gets the sack. If he does I'm off to Hull. If not, I'm yours". Christ, if thats the case, then whoever it is can do one. I want a manger who wants us, and doesn't see us as the booby prize.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There could be any number of reasons as to why no announcement is being made.

Why zero in on 'Coppell has turned us down?'

If you believe the rumours (not saying I do necessarily) that Coppell was sounded out last week about the job then this reason would seem to make sense.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
My take is that whilst I am keen for some news this is on the whole a good thing.

1st - TB is keeping his council and making damn sure this is the right appointment, I like this it's better than the circus DK unleashed and won't leave us looking stupid or the eventual manager feeling 2nd choice.

2nd - Not that I know but we could have an annoncment before then. MH and co are taking the team to Wycombe but this makes sense as it's only 2 days till the game and obviously nothing concrete is decided. Who knows the new boss could be in the crowd and annonced after the game to take over fresh on monday morning.

3rd - More people to employ this and perhaps they want to sort it all so they start clean at the same time. Very sensible, rather that than let one guy take over and gradually introduce coaches that would be a mess and not have a good impact on a tetchy squad.

In TB I and we should trust, he will get a good manager and a proper pro set up sorted it will be good I am sure. Cant wait!!!!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
...or Mr Bloom just states ..."Nothing until after the weekend will be heard"....

This get the press and all the little media whores of his back and he then reveals all on Friday (for instance). The new manager wont pick the team for Saturday now anyway I doubt (ala Slade at Orient) and bingo bongo Bloom uses his poker skills to fall everyone, even those in the know!

Whad ya think?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I certainly don't think it's quite as done and dusted as the current odds suggest. There has been so much money on Coppell, the bookies won't be able to ease him now until there is definite information on an alternative. Equally, if it was 100 per cent definitely Coppell, the market would surely have been taken down by now. There is an element of doubt, so if like me you backed Coppell, you're sweating...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
...or Mr Bloom just states ..."Nothing until after the weekend will be heard"....

This get the press and all the little media whores of his back and he then reveals all on Friday (for instance). The new manager wont pick the team for Saturday now anyway I doubt (ala Slade at Orient) and bingo bongo Bloom uses his poker skills to fall everyone, even those in the know!

Whad ya think?

Or, or, or...

we could, just possibly with a bit of consideration, and a certain amount of perspective, reason and introspective contemplation, without prejudice or delving too deeply into the whys, wherefore, possibilities and maybes...

f***ing well WAIT AND SEE who we get.

Just a thought, like.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
You're still going to have to persuade me as to how that is definitely the case...

If discussions had already taken place with Coppell you'd imagine they'd have gone a significant way towards thrashing out a deal. All that would remain this week would be to dot the i's and cross the t's. Add this to the fact that we were told there could be an appointment this week. Not saying it's definitely the case - but you could draw this conclusion if you believe discussions took place last week.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
it could also be that the manager has been decided and the deal agreed, but that the coaching team have yet to make up their mind because they're at other clubs...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Or, or, or...

we could, just possibly with a bit of consideration, and a certain amount of perspective, reason and introspective contemplation, without prejudice or delving too deeply into the whys, wherefore, possibilities and maybes...

f***ing well WAIT AND SEE who we get.

Just a thought, like.

Boy I bet you were a real drab blanket amongst your siblings come Christmas Eve at your place!

:ohmy:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't know why you lot are missing the OBVIOUS candidate here.....

RAFA - simples really - he loses tonight - loses at the weekend - out of a job by Monday - states he wants to stay in the UK on Tuesday and wha hey - he's all ours by Wednesday :thumbsup:

Why, do we need another waiter in hospitality? Can't think of any other reason we would want him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here