Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*~*~* No Appointment before Wycombe Game *~*~*

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have been told off the record that the person we are looking at is one of them johhny foreignors!!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Why the heck are people banging on about Phil Brown? Do you think the majority of applicants are really undecided between us and Hull?...

If he does get sacked, then there are likely to be people on Tony Bloom's short lists and Hull's shortlist.

It will then give those people the potential chance to manage in the top flight against Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc or the chance to join us in the third division and pit their wits against Exeter, Wycombe and Southampton.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Seems a considered and honest statement by Bloom.

Probably both sides have common ground and a few bits that need clarifying, especially concerning future and current personel.

If a new manager wishes to bring in his full coaching team then this is likely to impact on current coaching positions or maybe the club wishes any new manager to work with a new team which the current board may wish to bring in themselves.

I would suspect that past blunders have galvernised the present board to ensure that all aspects of the club will now be improved, from scouting, development including the managerial choices.

That takes time.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3198407 said:
This says to me Copps ain't coming...

I knew it, we all counted our chickens on here :(

The way Bloom is handling this is exactly right....noone knows a thing so we cant really rule anyone out or in at the moment..............far better than the way DK handled things

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Im pleased also as this indicates that even if we are waiting for the hull / brown decision and the merry go round that will follow. It tells me that we are also in the hunt for a big'ish name ie coppell/curbs/southgate or even in the end brown. Its all good so far so roll on the weekend and phils head on the chopping block.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Is it a COINCIDENCE that Southend have been given until Monday? and then we announce we are waiting until after the weekend?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
"number of very good applicants"

I wonder who this lot are..

Ruel fox is one of them.

I guess it gives Hinshelwood the opportunity to put his stamp on the side and who knows, a good run with him at the helm might mean Bloom doesn't need to look any further than our club for our next permanant manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why does this instantly mean we will lose on Saturday.

Surely we will win on Saturday, but could potentially then lose the next 13 games.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Why the announcement that we wont be appointing anyone until after Sats game at the earliest. Why the need to say that?

I hope that I am completely wrong, but I worry that its because Coppell has turned us down (with Bloom hoping for a quick yes) and so the hunt goes on. I don’t buy that we are waiting for his team to say yes. If Coppell had agreed, then we would take him on and simply say that SC would be appointing his team in due course. Coppell has been in the game long enough to know more than one good coach.

What does Hull City have to do with us and Coppell? If Coppell wants to go back into the Prem league, then he wont be coming to us full stop.

The only reason to wait on Hull are if Brown and Horton are sacked. I cant even see that, why would Brown want to manage in L1 and would Horton move South at his age (bearing in mind his family are based up north)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here