Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've been on the Ukraine thread since the war began. The full repertoire of Russian tactics is probably only known to the Royal United Services Institute. Even where there is evidence, it may be to our advantage to keep quiet and monitor.....

As an aside, it is questions like yours, with demands for actual evidence, ('he wouldn't do that, would he? Surely not? Where is the evidence??' ) that have allowed Putin to wage a hybrid war on the west since he rose to power. You can wait a lifetime for evidence to emerge. But by then, it's far, far too late. This guy can really bear a grudge.

The west didn't notice it was at war with Russia until it actually invaded Ukraine. IMO, this was a fundamental strategic mistake by Putin. Being a dictator, he isn't troubled by such pesky things as general elections. He has the axis of time sewn up.
Hmm not sure i think it’s fair to compare my question to what Putin has done…..i know i haven’t joined in the party to bash Farage …..maybe thats where i have gone wrong…anyways i have learnt my lesson …thread on ignore….i’ll meet you elsewhere …have a good weekend :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tories have been in power for 14 years, if they wanted to move to a USA model they could have.

No one except a handful of people is pushing for the USA model.
Those who want to privatise health aren’t going to do it within months to an extreme level. The money men know the public would rebel.
It would be long term like the dentistry. In the 60s nobody paid for a dentist except for the rich. Similarly with glasses.
Then a minimal charge was brought in, then a three stage charge, examination, filling, extraction/crown.
Even 12 years ago, an NHS dentist was available in most towns.
Now, a new dentist has a massive queue to join, and people are using pliers to self extract, or pay thousands.

If you think you can trust the Tories to deliver a health service insurance like France or Germany, then I have a bridge to sell you.
Remember, nobody was ’talking about leaving the Single Market’.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Farage is a millionaire. Where did he get the money from?

And we let it happen in front of our noses. I guess he is the price for being in a democracy.
He vehemently denied meeting the Russian Ambassador despite there being photos of him with the aforementioned.

On a side note, the Russian report still hasn’t been published and unlike to be so unless another government forces it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don’t know enough about Tik Tok and how it works except that it’s Chinese owned, which is why in the US they are proposing to Ban it if they don’t diversify the ownership. Presumably worried about this sort of thing and the influence it could have.
the US ban is not this on issue of influence, it's fear Tik Tok is tracking people, collecting data on population. only US companies are allowed to do that.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
He vehemently denied meeting the Russian Ambassador despite there being photos of him with the aforementioned.

On a side note, the Russian report still hasn’t been published and unlike to be so unless another government forces it.
One of the many things Russia is doing, is that it is weaponising migration.

It has encouraged migrants to cross from Belarus into Poland, and from Russia into Finland.

Why? Because it has discovered that migration is divisive, and has led to the rise of far-right politicians in Europe.
Less obvious, and not as easy to prove, is the funding of those politicians.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On the Ukraine war thread, there was an article based on western intelligence, that prior to the EU elections, a Moscow-backed Czech fund was financing far-right politicians in at least five EU countries. I'll try to dig out the link.

It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to conclude that Russia might have tried the same kind of stuff in the UK, does it?

And Russia funded the Brexit effort.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I've found the evidence of Russian funding of far-right politicians in EU countries:

Date: 05 June 2024, in a post by @raymondo on the Ukraine war thread:

From the Washington Post:
"Russia is co-opting far-right politicians in Europe with cash, officials say. Our colleagues Catherine Belton and Souad Mekhennet report that a Kremlin-backed media outlet, the Prague-based Voice of Europe, is being used to funnel hundreds of thousands of euros to dozens of far-right politicians in more than five countries to plant Kremlin propaganda in Western media that would sow division in Europe and bolster the position of pro-Russian candidates in this week’s European Parliament elections, according to interviews with a dozen European intelligence officials from five countries. "

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
And Russia funded the Brexit effort.
I hope one thing the incoming Labour Government does is to publish in full the Russia report which Boris Johnson refused to do

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've found the evidence of Russian funding of far-right politicians in EU countries:

Date: 05 June 2024, in a post by @raymondo on the Ukraine war thread:

From the Washington Post:
"Russia is co-opting far-right politicians in Europe with cash, officials say. Our colleagues Catherine Belton and Souad Mekhennet report that a Kremlin-backed media outlet, the Prague-based Voice of Europe, is being used to funnel hundreds of thousands of euros to dozens of far-right politicians in more than five countries to plant Kremlin propaganda in Western media that would sow division in Europe and bolster the position of pro-Russian candidates in this week’s European Parliament elections, according to interviews with a dozen European intelligence officials from five countries. "
Farage has admitted taking money from Russia Today. It’s only the amount that’s in dispute.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Farage has admitted taking money from Russia Today. It’s only the amount that’s in dispute.
I took particular note of a tweet by Farage on D-Day.

'I am here in a private capacity'.

Now why did he say that? Because if he hadn't, it might have led to the assumption that he was there using public funds, and would then have led to questions of 'who paid for his expenses'. By claiming to have been there in a private capacity, he avoided the whole conversation.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I took particular note of a tweet by Farage on D-Day.

'I am here in a private capacity'.

Now why did he say that? Because if he hadn't, it might have led to the assumption that he was there using public funds, and would then have led to questions of 'who paid for his expenses'. By claiming to have been there in a private capacity, he avoided the whole conversation.
Interesting to find out who invited him as a private individual?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here