Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Marine Le Pen probably....
Perhaps.

I'm still hoping for a skilled interviewer, having given him/Reform a list of prepared questions, will lead him into a trap.

First give him the chance to let off steam, and then ask him an innocuous question, and having anticipated his answer correctly, skewer him with a supplementary one.

Louis Theroux would be my choice.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
So easy to trigger people on here who get upset because someone else may have a different opinion to them. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

Look son, if you enjoy getting lied to then pop your ‘X’ next to the Reform candidate in your area.

The fact is that they can’t implement what they’re promising, and they’re apologists for Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

There’s a difference between opinions and facts. Everybody gets to have their own opinions, but none of us get to have our own facts.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps.

I'm still hoping for a skilled interviewer, having given him/Reform a list of prepared questions, will lead him into a trap.

First give him the chance to let off steam, and then ask him an innocuous question, and having anticipated his answer correctly, skewer him with a supplementary one.

Louis Theroux would be my choice.
Theroux never gets to the grit. He’s too fawning.

I’d have to go with Partridge.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
This.

It will come as no surprise that I have the person to whom you replied on ignore.

Life is too short to have to wade through a load of old bollocks every day.
With you on your thinking H but I tend to give fair credence to other posters and try to understand their views, even if their views are total crap and their understanding of current affairs moronic.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm always surprised someone who has the same election success rate as Captain binface and has been proven catagorically wrong on just about everything is on our screens 24/7 with his "expert" political analysis
It’s absolutely ludicrous that Farage is given any screen time.

They are not even a fringe party. They are nothing.

If the BBC weren’t given him so much exposure I don’t think Reform would even be making dent in the polls.

Do the beeb have an agenda here?

I’m baffled.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Disagree. I think Theroux is brilliant at getting his subjects to condemn themselves. He coaxes it out of them without them realising.

Although Partridge interviewing Farage would provide great entertainment.
I think that’s the impression he likes to give. He never actually does though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All right then, what about Sir Alan Bates?

He smells a liar a mile off and saw off a bunch of bullshitters at the Post Office.
Hugo Keith KC

He toys with them as well, attacking their inflated egos;

“He has also had some fun, for example repeatedly stressing to the clear exasperation of Hancock that the former health secretary’s “pandemic diary” was not actually a diary, but written subsequently”.

In short , he is a genius at getting facts out of public figures and giving them a bit of a verbal spanking.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Hugo Keith KC

He toys with them as well, attacking their inflated egos;

“He has also had some fun, for example repeatedly stressing to the clear exasperation of Hancock that the former health secretary’s “pandemic diary” was not actually a diary, but written subsequently”.

In short , he is a genius at getting facts out of public figures and giving them a bit of a verbal spanking.
We're going a bit off-piste aren't we?

Whoever it was who was charged with teasing the truth out of Farage, I suspect it would not be easy. He may be a Brexiteer, but he's not an idiot.

Someone on here said he's got the gift of the gab. I also think he's quite sharp, and is able to deflect an attack well.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
We're going a bit off-piste aren't we?

Whoever it was who was charged with teasing the truth out of Farage, I suspect it would not be easy. He may be a Brexiteer, but he's not an idiot.

Someone on here said he's got the gift of the gab. I also think he's quite sharp, and is able to deflect an attack well.
He is... he's very smart, if only he'd use it beneficially...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here