Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
110 seats? Is that on a straight current % of the polls. Any sensible proportional representation system would probably reduce that.
or if not, it could force, say, Reform to work with Labour (and others) which would mean them thrashing out a coalition agreement. It’s worked in Germany quite well for nearly 80 years.
I’d say it’s unlikely anyone would want to form a coalition with Reform.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Why are you angry?

Take a look at what the US Ambassador to the Soviet Union when the Berlin Wall came down has written recently on the Ukraine crisis.

The meddling involvement of the EU in Ukraine and Russia has been going on for years, it’s not been a part of the solution.

As you can see from the comments on this BBC article in 2015 there are plenty of British people that could see the way ahead for Ukraine, and they understood how Russia would react to the west continuing to provoke Russia with expansionism.

Here we are 9 years on and the matter is essentially a political closed shop, Labour and the Tories aligned with continuing military and financial support for Ukraine in a war it cannot win.

It’s a unpalatable truth for some but a long lasting peaceful settlement is only likely if Ukraine gives up its territory occupied by its pro Russian population and the West denies Ukraine’s membership to NATO.

I don’t know if that is Farage’s view, if it is I would wager it would be more popular with British electorate than the current policies of Labour and Tory to deepen the crisis.

For that you should be angry.
& here it is. The first steps towards Neville Chamberlain level appeasement - "I have in my hand a piece of paper, signed by Mr Putin"...
Worked out well last time...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why are you angry?

Take a look at what the US Ambassador to the Soviet Union when the Berlin Wall came down has written recently on the Ukraine crisis.

The meddling involvement of the EU in Ukraine and Russia has been going on for years, it’s not been a part of the solution.

As you can see from the comments on this BBC article in 2015 there are plenty of British people that could see the way ahead for Ukraine, and they understood how Russia would react to the west continuing to provoke Russia with expansionism.

Here we are 9 years on and the matter is essentially a political closed shop, Labour and the Tories aligned with continuing military and financial support for Ukraine in a war it cannot win.

It’s a unpalatable truth for some but a long lasting peaceful settlement is only likely if Ukraine gives up its territory occupied by its pro Russian population and the West denies Ukraine’s membership to NATO.

I don’t know if that is Farage’s view, if it is I would wager it would be more popular with British electorate than the current policies of Labour and Tory to deepen the crisis.

Or, the break up of the EU and NATO financially benefits Russia and allows a far easier path to recapture the territory lost when the Soviet Union broke up. Geopolitically this then gives an advantage to them over the USA, whereas currently their only warm, deep water naval harbour is Sevastopol - which they had to take by force.

This anti-Western, anti Democratic strategy is only possible thanks to the existence of useful idiots / bent over bitches like Farage, who’ll ignore anything for a bit of cash.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Or, the break up of the EU and NATO financially benefits Russia and allows a far easier path to recapture the territory lost when the Soviet Union broke up. Geopolitically this then gives an advantage to them over the USA, whereas currently their only warm, deep water naval harbour is Sevastopol - which they had to take by force.

This anti-Western, anti Democratic strategy is only possible thanks to the existence of useful idiots / bent over bitches like Farage, who’ll ignore anything for a bit of cash.
Farage is a millionaire. Where did he get the money from?

And we let it happen in front of our noses. I guess he is the price for being in a democracy.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Why are you angry?

so let me get this straight. Putin is a lovely bloke who wouldn’t hurt a fly and he loves his mum. He is terribly misunderstood and the suppression in Russia, invasion of Ukraine, threats to attack the Baltic states and chucking political enemy’s out of hotel windows is all fake news perpetrated by the West and the EU.
Ukraine won’t give up its territory as Russia is slowly bleeding to death.
You have to be some sort of dickhead to think Putin that Putin is a peace loving, benign leader.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Farage is a millionaire. Where did he get the money from?

And we let it happen in front of our noses. I guess he is the price for being in a democracy.
I suspect that Starmer willl be asking the security services, HMRC etc to have a look at possibilities of Putin funding various organisation. If I was Farage and Tice I would be very nervous and if I was Arron Banks I would be shitting myself.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Hi @Bozza,

Is it me being :dunce:? I can never see this thread on the main board or in new posts, there's no Ignore Thread option here for me and I'm not ignoring the OP'er. I have to find it every time using search.
I had this a while back. Seems that as I had ignored the actual OP it looked to me that the thread was started by someone else. This thread was started by TomandJerry.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
So you have proof that said Dictator maybe funding Reform?
No but the question was raised a number of times and the present government refused to investigate. The friends of Russia organisation that many tories and Farage were members was funded by Russia and ultimately by Putin. Farage was also paid by Russian State TV so not a big leap is it.
?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are you angry?

temp.jpg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
So you have proof that said Dictator maybe funding Reform?
On the Ukraine war thread, there was an article based on western intelligence, that prior to the EU elections, a Moscow-backed Czech fund was financing far-right politicians in at least five EU countries. I'll try to dig out the link.

It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to conclude that Russia might have tried the same kind of stuff in the UK, does it?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On the Ukraine war thread, there was an article based on western intelligence, that prior to the EU elections, a Moscow-backed Czech fund was financing far-right politicians in at least five EU countries. I'll try to dig out the link.

It doesn't take a great deal of imagination to conclude that Russia might have tried the same kind of stuff in the UK, does it?
Thanks….i hadn’t seen that on the Ukraine thread ……tried yes….suceed.? ….that why i asked

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Thanks….i hadn’t seen that on the Ukraine thread ……tried yes….suceed.? ….that why i asked
I've been on the Ukraine thread since the war began. The full repertoire of Russian tactics is probably only known to the Royal United Services Institute. Even where there is evidence, it may be to our advantage to keep quiet and monitor.....

As an aside, it is questions like yours, with demands for actual evidence, ('he wouldn't do that, would he? Surely not? Where is the evidence??' ) that have allowed Putin to wage a hybrid war on the west since he rose to power. You can wait a lifetime for evidence to emerge. But by then, it's far, far too late. This guy can really bear a grudge.

The west didn't notice it was at war with Russia until it actually invaded Ukraine. IMO, this was a fundamental strategic mistake by Putin. Being a dictator, he isn't troubled by such pesky things as general elections. He has the axis of time sewn up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here