Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is anyone suggesting the actor was undercover? As I see it, he's a part time actor (probably blames immigrants for taking roles he should have got) who is a member of reform who was caught out by an undercover reporter for Channel 4 when his guard was down. No different to the former actor known as Fox having similar views.

Farage has announced the idiot is a part time actor but from what I can see, he has not gone as far as to say he was planted in the organization by Channel 4. He's just made some statements and hoping others will jump to that conclusion.
Farage doesnt need to say that outright, followers have and it sticks.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I find it amazing that anyone believes a struggling actor would think getting a few quid to be undercover and racist would be a route to more work.
I mean people continue to believe Farage 8 years on from one of the biggest lies told in political history, so why not?

Although, it’s probably more a case of the truth - that Reform attracts racists - is very uncomfortable for people that like to think they aren’t racist.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Whatever your politics, you must be able to see this is a stitch up.

But even if it wasn’t where are all the reports on the actions of other parties activists?

You’re telling me there isn’t anything on the hard left anti semitic or the Tories racist members?

I’m not buying it. It’s a media stitch up.
You're either delusional or something much, much worse. Reform is so full of racists that it was pretty easy for that reporter to find multiple members and supporters spouting racist, homophobic, Islamophobic and other derogatory bile -- although that reporter is also brave because they're a bunch of thugs too. There's a crossover there with the Nazis who were also racist, homophobic and thugs too. You're right though that all other parties have at least some problems, but it doesn't run so wide and deep as it does in Reform, so it would be incredibly time-consuming and expensive for 'the mainstream media' to infiltrate those other parties and identify racism and homophobia. Reform are just getting some clearly warranted scrutiny given Farage's overblown claims that they're now the official opposition (you can come back on July 5th and call me delusional if that transpires). You seem to want them to sail through this campaign without them receiving close attention -- why is that?
Poor Farage who is also a racist* is now all in a tizzy about 'the mainstream media'. He's reported C4 News to the Electoral Commission, with the claim about the 'actor'. This is a distraction as he knows that the Electoral Commission won't have the time to come to a conclusion before the election, and is just a strategy to keep the delusional deluded. He's also 'quit' the BBC because the audience on QT (which I haven't seen yet, but am now tempted) were hostile to him BECAUSE HE'S A RACIST, which is fair enough in my book. He's still got his GB News though which, like Reform, is a bit of an odd business, as it's loss-making but will continue to churn out its bile because there's a whole load of rich racists ploughing millions into it.

* here's another 'media stitch up' with multiple evidence demonstrating that Farage is a racist:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Incredible really

Have none of the imbeciles actually thought this through

Why has this "actor" been chucked out of the Party?
And what about the other three - were they all "actors" too.

Dear dear dear @Giraffe

Lucky you have a long neck to keep sticking in that ol sand right there

Scary times

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
* here's another 'media stitch up' with multiple evidence demonstrating that Farage is a racist:

That article confirms what has been at the back of my mind. Farage isn't a fool. Far from it. He is likened to Boris. A buffoon, fun in the pub, but a spiv.

A great communicator, he should be treated with caution. He represents a real danger to our democracy.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That article confirms what has been at the back of my mind. Farage isn't a fool. Far from it. He is likened to Boris. A buffoon, fun in the pub, but a spiv.

A great communicator, he should be treated with caution. He represents a real danger to our democracy.
The fools are those that think that this kind of undercover sting will make support drop off a cliff. All it will get is desperate mental gymnastics from those saying why it wasn't racist whilst quietly pleased that it was.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Running away again

Strategic I'd imagine he is a good communicator but terrible on detail and when challenged.

Tice is far better in those sort of situations.

In a few weeks they will probably be blaming each other.

I've always found Tice to a bog standard right of centre Tory with his views but Farage is a very very dangerous and diversive individual.

He operates through fear and negativity.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The fools are those that think that this kind of undercover sting will make support drop off a cliff. All it will get is desperate mental gymnastics from those saying why it wasn't racist whilst quietly pleased that it was.
I like your last sentence. I suspect that there may be more people of that ilk than we might imagine. Latest polling for Reform is around 16%, so it will be interesting what they achieve in the privacy of the polling booths.

We may have to come to terms with what we are. An unsophisticated, unworldly island race, with a significant cohort of racists amongst us.

The Brexit vote and debate legitimised it. The worst thing that could have happened to Britain. Now Farage is doing it again, and some of us are letting him do it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whatever your politics, you must be able to see this is a stitch up.

But even if it wasn’t where are all the reports on the actions of other parties activists?

You’re telling me there isn’t anything on the hard left anti semitic or the Tories racist members?

I’m not buying it. It’s a media stitch up.
Okey dokey 👍

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There’s an old joke on The Simpsons which described Fox News as “Not racist…but #1 with racists”

Just in case Reform fancied a new slogan

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I like your last sentence. I suspect that there may be more people of that ilk than we might imagine. Latest polling for Reform is around 16%, so it will be interesting what they achieve in the privacy of the polling booths.

We may have to come to terms with what we are. An unsophisticated, unworldly island race, with a significant cohort of racists amongst us.

The Brexit vote and debate legitimised it. The worst thing that could have happened to Britain. Now Farage is doing it again, and some of us are letting him do it.
Good post. Britain is in decline but to say as much is "talking the country down". Brexit wasn't the cause of it but a symptom, it has of course accelerated that decline and isolation.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Farage has come along and give them all a badge to wear. I find him an obnoxious bully who spouts rubbish and tries to shout everyone down. We have precious few to choose from but I’d hate to live in a country run by the likes of him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Reform drop three candidates but tell people to still vote for them. :facepalm:
If elected they would stand as Independents.

A Reform spokesman said if any of the three were elected they would sit as independent MPs.
However, he said people should still vote for the candidates if they wished to register support for Reform.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here