Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nigel Farage and Reform

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't think that's the point here. It needs to be investigated and Channel 4 need to give a proper account of events. It's a government owned station.
No it's a non profit publicly owned company that neither receives public money or makes its own programmes.

It's effectively a publisher. It winds up every government in power (and the opposition) because it has remit to do so. Breaking the duopoly of ITV and BBC and helping to create a world beating independent production industry it is one of Thatcher's greatest successes.

I suspect what has happened is this. The production company effectively did a fishing exercise with the party to see what they could glean.

Because of the sort of people the party do attract (and Farage cannot deny that) there was always a chance they would come back with something. It's not that difficult with parties on the edges and similar news pieces have been done about the far right and left in the past.

However whether that something would make a TV programme has the odds stacked against it because there is a much higher bar than a tabloid for instance.

The person who made the comments was clearly a non entity within the party and appeared to be doing some voluntary canvasing and it cannot be said that he represents either the party as a whole or it's policies.

That said he wasn't the only individual filmed (others were much closer to the organisation) and together there was enough there to make a short piece story about who the party attracts. That's the story.

IF the person was a paid actor, I'm really struggling to see what he has gained from this and what the story then is.

TV production company fooled by fake racist ? That's the bit that really doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think that's the point here. It needs to be investigated and Channel 4 need to give a proper account of events. It's a government owned station.
It needs to give an account no more nor less than any other TV channel would, all of which are regulated by Ofcom, not because it is 'government owned'.

Wiki: "Channel 4 is a British free-to-air public broadcast television channel owned and operated by Channel Four Television Corporation. It is publicly owned but, unlike the BBC, it receives no public funding and is funded entirely by its commercial activities, including advertising.

In January 2023, Michelle Donelan confirmed that the plans to sell Channel 4 were scrapped and that it would remain in public ownership for the foreseeable future"

Or do you think this is a government conspiracy to besmirch Nigel? And what about all the other racists captured in the filming? Complicit in the Great-Victim-Nigel conspiracy too? Deep fakes, planted by Starmer and, er, sorry, no, the government wasn't it? Sunak, Trump and Putin, then! No, hang on, Trump and Putin are mates of Nigel. But wait....maybe it is a false flag conspiracy initiated by Sunak, with advance plan assistance from Truss, Johnson and call-me-Dave? That must be it! Phew! Got there in the end. ???

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its all Channel 4's fault for goading him

Alas Mr Parker himself says his volunteering for Reform was separate from his acting job, good try Nige

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Its all Channel 4's fault for goading him

Alas Mr Parker himself says his volunteering for Reform was separate from his acting job, good try Nige

Well the undercover reporter probably did because he was after a story and that's his job.

I wouldn't be surprised if the story wins some press award at some point because the industry does love a bit of internal back slapping.

No one should take lessons about goading from the Reform party, because as a populist party that's what they do.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It needs to give an account no more nor less than any other TV channel would, all of which are regulated by Ofcom, not because it is 'government owned'.

Wiki: "Channel 4 is a British free-to-air public broadcast television channel owned and operated by Channel Four Television Corporation. It is publicly owned but, unlike the BBC, it receives no public funding and is funded entirely by its commercial activities, including advertising.

In January 2023, Michelle Donelan confirmed that the plans to sell Channel 4 were scrapped and that it would remain in public ownership for the foreseeable future"

Or do you think this is a government conspiracy to besmirch Nigel? And what about all the other racists captured in the filming? Complicit in the Great-Victim-Nigel conspiracy too? Deep fakes, planted by Starmer and, er, sorry, no, the government wasn't it? Sunak, Trump and Putin, then! No, hang on, Trump and Putin are mates of Nigel. But wait....maybe it is a false flag conspiracy initiated by Sunak, with advance plan assistance from Truss, Johnson and call-me-Dave? That must be it! Phew! Got there in the end. ???
The accusation that Channel Four is some agent of the Government is the funniest thing I've heard all election campaign.

Also is the accusation that they are part of some woke left wing conspiracy, they've had all sort of issues with diversity in their ranks.

ITV have a different audience and aren't into hard hitting politics any more, BBC always have to tread carefully because of the licence fee.

I've always viewed Channel Four News and Dispatches a bit like Private Eye editorially and anyone who thinks that's a left wing pamphlet they need their head examined.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whatever your politics, you must be able to see this is a stitch up.

But even if it wasn’t where are all the reports on the actions of other parties activists?

You’re telling me there isn’t anything on the hard left anti semitic or the Tories racist members?

I’m not buying it. It’s a media stitch up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

But even if it wasn’t where are all the reports on the actions of other parties activists?

You’re telling me there isn’t anything on the hard left anti semitic or the Tories racist members?

Not Listening Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

“Everyone is focussing on the “Leopards Eating People’s Faces” party eating all these faces, but are you telling me NOBODY in any other party has been eating faces? I don’t believe it so it’s clearly all a stitch up.”

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

There have been all sorts of reports on the other party candidates, even the Greens have had issues. Multiple candidates from all parties have stood down

The bigger story has been alleged insider betting unless you've had your head in the sand.

Why this is a story is easy. This was a ferocious racist attack on the leader of a party, the very party this one is openly attempting to destroy.

That's a story. I'll admit that in many ways it's an odd one because the person involved is just a voluntary canvasser, but whilst we have your attention what did you think about the comments made by the other individuals, those much closer to the leadership ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Does it not depend on what is meant by 'stitch up'? I think of the historic times when plod 'stitched up' someone to get a conviction. Here, those chaps foolishly let their guard down and revealed their true thoughts it seems. Still, I suppose it could be a collection of first times they have had such thoughts and vocalised them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Not the same person. Yet, being presented as fact.

Sometimes I feel I've had enough of the internet. Especially when I have to ask if Nigel Farage is being wronged.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 230934.png

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
There have been all sorts of reports on the other party candidates, even the Greens have had issues. Multiple candidates from all parties have stood down

The bigger story has been alleged insider betting unless you've had your head in the sand.

Why this is a story is easy. This was a ferocious racist attack on the leader of a party, the very party this one is openly attempting to destroy.

That's a story. I'll admit that in many ways it's an odd one because the person involved is just a voluntary canvasser, but whilst we have your attention what did you think about the comments made by the other individuals, those much closer to the leadership ?
Tbf 'even' is as a stretch.
The Greens have a big bunch of issues

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not the same person. Yet, being presented as fact.

Sometimes I feel I've had enough of the internet. Especially when I have to ask if Nigel Farage is being wronged.

View attachment 184853
You’re right, it isn’t the same person.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Farage can spin this as much as he wants but cutting through it all, it was the plonkers that stitched themselves up if anything.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can we stop saying actor? The page the halfwits link to clearly shows he is an extra.
And “The Rhodes Centre Acting“ he mentions where he “trained”?

Talk about a puffed up CV.

Unless he’s referring to the Rhodes School and Agency which is a drama school for young kids, then the only other reference online is a community based arts centre in Bishop Storford that runs a variety of part time fee paying, arts and drama classes, weightwatchers and yoga groups and venue for local performance artists. Now known as South Mills Arts but formally (in the 60s) known as the ‘Rhodes Centre’

“1963 – Rhodes Centre opens
The Rhodes Commonwealth Centre, which, through several iterations, has been at the cultural and artistic heart of Bishop’s Stortford for nearly 60 years, opens its doors, providing a performance space, civic assembly hall and exhibition space much loved by the people of the town and surrounding area.”

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And “The Rhodes Centre Acting“ he mentions where he “trained”?

Talk about a puffed up CV.

Unless he’s referring to the Rhodes School and Agency which is a drama school for young kids, then the only other reference online is a community based arts centre in Bishop Storford that runs a variety of part time fee paying, arts and drama classes, weightwatchers and yoga groups and venue for local performance artists. Now known as South Mills Arts but formally (in the 60s) known as the ‘Rhodes Centre’

“1963 – Rhodes Centre opens
The Rhodes Commonwealth Centre, which, through several iterations, has been at the cultural and artistic heart of Bishop’s Stortford for nearly 60 years, opens its doors, providing a performance space, civic assembly hall and exhibition space much loved by the people of the town and surrounding area.”

If that school is named after the well known leftie Cecil Rhodes the plot thickens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here