Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Big rally in Nuremb. Sorry Birmingham today

Make Britain Great Again.

The Slimy lying scumbag has really learned a lot from a certain orange slimy lying scumbag

And the masses lap it up! 😡😡

Reform UK said it had sold four and a half thousand tickets for today’s event and hundreds more paid on the door. Although they all had to walk past a small protest, most ignored the chanting.

This was a slickly staged event in a venue more used to hosting pop and rock stars than politicians, but nonetheless the Reform faithful were treated to a selection of the party’s greatest hits on subjects like immigration, net zero, the NHS and the culture wars.

There were loud boos for the other party leaders and the mainstream media, especially Channel 4 and the BBC. Cheers every time anyone used the phrase “common sense”.

The most rapturous applause was for the headline act. The thousands who’d paid to come wanted to hear from the party leader Nigel Farage. As the lights dimmed, thousands of camera phones were switched to record, and fireworks lit up the stage. He shrugged off the last week’s difficulties, once again blaming them on establishment forces.

With less than a week to go until polling, the purpose of today’s event was to keep the campaign’s momentum going. At the rally, the party faithful were certainly exhilarated, and it will hope the cheers at the NEC translate into votes on Thursday.

Farage goes on to criticise media coverage of his campaign, including BBC News.

Last night, he said he would “boycott” appearing on the BBC after claiming the audience for his Question Time appearance was "rigged", which the BBC refuted.

Farage tells the hall he will campaign for the abolition of the BBC licence fee with "added vigour" after the election.

He then describes a recent Channel 4 documentary – which uncovered people on Farage's campaign making racist and other offensive remarks – as a "put up job" and "gross".

Farage has repeatedly claimed one of those filmed, Andrew Parker, was an actor. Channel 4 has categorically denied anyone was paid as part of the documentary.

Turning to Reform UK candidates who have been caught making inappropriate comments, Farage says: “Have we had a few bad apples?

"We have - but to my knowledge, no one involved in an organised betting ring is standing for us.”

He says those candidates are “gone” and “we’ll never have them back”.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
He’s just a male version of ‘Karen’.
if he gets elected he’s going to have a terrible time as every journalist is going to start digging, looking for any shit they can find. Putin anyone?. Ironically as a private individual and with media backing and government scared to piss him off he was safe but the gloves will come off on the 5th.
he’s on a lose-lose situation as if he wins the dogs will circle and if he loses he’ll be ultimate loser.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Big rally in Nuremb. Sorry Birmingham today

Make Britain Great Again.

The Slimy lying scumbag has really learned a lot from a certain orange slimy lying scumbag

And the masses lap it up! 😡😡

Reform UK said it had sold four and a half thousand tickets for today’s event and hundreds more paid on the door. Although they all had to walk past a small protest, most ignored the chanting.

This was a slickly staged event in a venue more used to hosting pop and rock stars than politicians, but nonetheless the Reform faithful were treated to a selection of the party’s greatest hits on subjects like immigration, net zero, the NHS and the culture wars.

There were loud boos for the other party leaders and the mainstream media, especially Channel 4 and the BBC. Cheers every time anyone used the phrase “common sense”.

The most rapturous applause was for the headline act. The thousands who’d paid to come wanted to hear from the party leader Nigel Farage. As the lights dimmed, thousands of camera phones were switched to record, and fireworks lit up the stage. He shrugged off the last week’s difficulties, once again blaming them on establishment forces.

With less than a week to go until polling, the purpose of today’s event was to keep the campaign’s momentum going. At the rally, the party faithful were certainly exhilarated, and it will hope the cheers at the NEC translate into votes on Thursday.

Farage goes on to criticise media coverage of his campaign, including BBC News.

Last night, he said he would “boycott” appearing on the BBC after claiming the audience for his Question Time appearance was "rigged", which the BBC refuted.

Farage tells the hall he will campaign for the abolition of the BBC licence fee with "added vigour" after the election.

He then describes a recent Channel 4 documentary – which uncovered people on Farage's campaign making racist and other offensive remarks – as a "put up job" and "gross".

Farage has repeatedly claimed one of those filmed, Andrew Parker, was an actor. Channel 4 has categorically denied anyone was paid as part of the documentary.

Turning to Reform UK candidates who have been caught making inappropriate comments, Farage says: “Have we had a few bad apples?

"We have - but to my knowledge, no one involved in an organised betting ring is standing for us.”

He says those candidates are “gone” and “we’ll never have them back”.
Plenty more where they came from, sadly. The guy is a total scumbag.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Chatting politics earlier today and potential for PR to replace FPTP. What was an interesting argument was that Refrom having 15% of MPs would have less of an influence on UK policy than they currently do with zero MPs. Reason being that the Tory party have continually shifted to the right to try and placate a relatively small faction. Give them their 100 or so MPs, but that’ll easily be offset by the additional LibDems and Green MPs.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Chatting politics earlier today and potential for PR to replace FPTP. What was an interesting argument was that Refrom having 15% of MPs would have less of an influence on UK policy than they currently do with zero MPs. Reason being that the Tory party have continually shifted to the right to try and placate a relatively small faction. Give them there 100 or so MPs, but that’ll easily be offset by the additional LibDems and Green MPs.
Very true, just look at the influence UKIP has an Tories. Unless in coalition the LD have little influence with 20, 30, 40 or MP's

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chatting politics earlier today and potential for PR to replace FPTP. What was an interesting argument was that Refrom having 15% of MPs would have less of an influence on UK policy than they currently do with zero MPs. Reason being that the Tory party have continually shifted to the right to try and placate a relatively small faction. Give them there 100 or so MPs, but that’ll easily be offset by the additional LibDems and Green MPs.
I don't want his (Farage's) 15% of MPs (70 MPs :ohmy: ) to be 'offset' by more useless wanky liberals and greens.

I want the Tories out, a majority labour government, and a tory reset (hopefully to 'sensible').

PR can f*** off.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't want his 15% of MPs (70 MPs :ohmy: ) to be 'offset' by more useless wanky liberals and greens.

I wan the Tories out, a majority labour government, and a tory reset (hopefully to 'sensible').

PR can f*** off.
So you’re happy with the current parliament having had a party with a large majority with only 44% of the vote, and the next governing party having a huge majority with low 40s? That’s shit democracy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
that works until the far right becomes large enough and softens enough that a center-right party goes into coalition with them. see Italy.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you’re happy with the current parliament having had a party with a large majority with only 44% of the vote, and the next governing party having a huge majority with low 40s? That’s shit democracy.

Harry doesn't want to see any nuance or long term responsibility in politics or Governments, he wants big majorities, whether red or blue, and certainly no reflection of what the nation actually votes being represented in parliament. Each victorious side blaming and reversing everything the last lot did everytime the votes change by a couple of percent is far better.

So I'm guessing the last decade and the next will see him ecstatic. Isn't that right H :wink:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
that works until the far right becomes large enough and softens enough that a center-right party goes into coalition with them. see Italy.

I would respectfully suggest that one thing the last 50 years of British politics has shown us, is that if the far right party in Britain returns enough seats to make them attractive to a centre-right party, the centre-right party will have bugger all seats left to go into any sort of coalition.

It's because the centre-right party have been chasing the far-right party's voters since Cameron had his 'good idea' thats why we're where we are at this election :laugh:

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't want his 15% of MPs (70 MPs :ohmy: ) to be 'offset' by more useless wanky liberals and greens.

I wan the Tories out, a majority labour government, and a tory reset (hopefully to 'sensible').

PR can f*** off.
I get your dislike of PR, but it isn't the only alternative to FPTP. I find you to be quite logical and reasoned in most things, but I just don't get your love for FPTP.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sounds like a fair representation, no? Just because we don’t like a particular party - and believe you me that I hate Farage and think all Reform voters are bunglecunts - it doesn’t mean that a system that gives them fair representation is wrong. Who are we to individually decide that certain parties are wrong?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A Reform UK election candidate has disowned the party and is instead backing the local Conservative candidate.

Liam Booth-Isherwood, who is standing in Erewash, said there was a “significant moral issue” in parts of the party following what he called “reports of widespread racism and sexism”.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A human being failed Quality Control. Not, we don't want a 'disruptive influence', but a failed human being. When people show you what they are, believe them.

For those who don't know, Isabel Oakeshott is the partner of Richard Tice, part owner of Reform.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A human being failed Quality Control. Not, we don't want a 'disruptive influence', but a failed human being. When people show you what they are, believe them.

For those who don't know, Isabel Oakeshott is the partner of Richard Tice, part owner of Reform.

This is how the vetting works at Reform

IMG_3976.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here