Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice new BNP branch in Brighton...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nope. It's on St Mary Magdalene Street or St Martins or around there, behind St Martins Church on Lewes Road. Doubt there are a bunch of nazis at that pub considering it's a genuine Irish boozer - does a pretty good drop of Guinness by all accounts and I believe the landlord is also a biker fan.
Yeah, why is The Bugle being mentioned in a BNP thread? I'm a regular there and as you say it's a genuine Irish boozer. It's run by an Irish couple, it's popular with the Irish community, it has brilliant music (both live and piped), the beer is kept perfectly and there isn't a plastic leprachaun in sight. If anything it would be an anti-BNP pub, although it isn't political in the slightest as the regulars are more interested in the really important things in life - like drinking and music.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, why is The Bugle being mentioned in a BNP thread?

Because someone said it was a far-right pub back in the 70s/80s. I went there several times then and I don't remember it as such.

I've heard good things about The Bugle, I must pop in there again

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
According to Hope not Hate website the BNP are launching their Brighton branch at The Branch Tavern tonight in London Rd. It's like the bloody 80's all over again, Fascists marching on the streets, BNP popping up everywhere (though thankfuly falling ob their arses), mass unemployment, negative equity, collapsing businesses, soaring prices, and worst of all a bloody conservative govmt. It's like Thatcher never went away.

Because labour had nothing to do with the mess we are in then ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Bugle is a f***ing GREAT pub, one of the town's best (if not the best PROPER pub in town) and I'm happy to say I'll soon live just around the corner from there.

Dandyman

In London village.
always found it funny that the clash had a big right wing skinhead following yet they spouted lefty lyrics,had alot to do with first album cover i would think and the style of music!:rave:

Crawley Leisure Centre in 1978 or 1979 rings a bell...

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
i was in berlin the other week and had an apartment in the nice and leafy prenzlauerberg district.

i noticed however that at a jewsih school on the main street they had to have 24 hour police protection.

always thought berlin to be a very tolerant city but they must have much bigger issues than us!

Dandyman

In London village.
CRAWLEY V BRIGHTON, CRAWLEY V CROYDON,SKINS V PUNKS and afterwards nearly got jumped by crawley smoothies on the way home! do you recall the support band suicide? the singer got a good slap from some skin head:lolol:

The other one that sticks in the mind from that era was The Buzzcocks supported by Warsaw (later Joy Division) at the Top Rank. People were walking up to the station with bits of drum kit and cabling afterwards.

The other one that sticks in the mind from that era was The Buzzcocks supported by Warsaw (later Joy Division) at the Top Rank. People were walking up to the station with bits of drum kit and cabling afterwards.

yeah the police came onto the dance floor swinging truncheons,up stairs lobbing stuff over the balcony that night shouting facists!!!!!!! bloody hell totaly went over my head that it was warsaw supporting,bloody hell thats another to tick off from my list of never done big regret:clap2:

i was in berlin the other week and had an apartment in the nice and leafy prenzlauerberg district.

i noticed however that at a jewsih school on the main street they had to have 24 hour police protection.

always thought berlin to be a very tolerant city but they must have much bigger issues than us!

less tolerant since the wall came down:hilton: lots of far right youth living on the east.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

very strange. indeed berlin has throughout history been a sanctuary from anti semitism.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I always find it amusing when the right wing has a march its called by some "Fascists on the streets" when the (fascist) left wing do, its "A protest march", both sides have extremes each as bad as the other, who would rather use physical force than the ballot box, just as the IRA and many other fanatics.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Because labour had nothing to do with the mess we are in then ???

Oh, quite the opposite, Labour in many respects did an appalling job. I was commenting more on the state we find ourselves in rather than the cause of it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The last time I was in the bugle, it was filled with lots of large, beer swilling men wearing white costumes emblazoned with our national symbol. Rowdy behaviour and plenty of nationalistic songs.

But then it was the 2003 World Cup Final.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
very strange. indeed berlin has throughout history been a sanctuary from anti semitism.

That's right. Apart from the Nazi period, Germans have been historically more tolerant of Jews than many countries.

It's worth noting that according to author George Clare, who as an Austrian Jew fled Vienna in the 30s, life in Berlin under the Nazis was more tolerable than life in Vienna where anti-semitism was more deeply ingrained.

It's sad to see the strong anti-semitic elements returning to Germany though - it's definitely on the increase there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here