Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice letter from Martin Perry this morning...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Stinky Kat said:
Basic fact - the club just want the money - they dont care if you have a season ticket for withdean or a season ticket to victoria, they just want your money - Cardiff proved that.

Anyway I hope all the boys and girls at millwall, sunderland, forrest and derby get tickets for spurs and all the glory hunters get the bug and buy season tickets for withdean next year.

So we taking 3 -4000 to Brammel lane?

But everyone who wanted to go got a ticket for Cardiff.

I do agree that it is frustrating we sell out the away end at West Ham and get no where near at Millwall.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Sent mine off in the evening of Monday 7th having read the website. Heard nothing until this morning when the lady in the TO rang and asked me if I would accept £37.00 tickets, no concessions. Of course I said yes as I want to go but that means a child and a senior citizen will pay the full price.

I assume now that I and the other 6 tickets (all season ticket holders) will get the tickets we applied for. They would have had my app on the 9th which is the quickest I can get it there so anyone later than that will probably get a MP letter.

Feel saddened for the regular away fans who do not live close to the TO so have to rely on the Royal Mail and will not get a day out at Spurs. It has nothing to do with being lazy or not getting off their arse this time. Definitely something the club needs to address in time for next season.

Oh it won't matter then as we'll be in round 1 playing some non-league pile of shite again. :angry:

U

um bongo molongo

Auditor, how did you get on with phoning the office? I did the same thing - posted them off the same evening they went on sale - do we still have a chance????

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
I'll be in the spurs end and it will be sold out soon,so get a move on.:clap:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
um bongo molongo said:
Auditor, how did you get on with phoning the office? I did the same thing - posted them off the same evening they went on sale - do we still have a chance????

yes all ok ...£37 tickets on the way

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Still waiting for mine but the money has gone out.

It's easy do as I always do.

Pay extra at the post office. I know mine arrived at the ticket office first post Tuesday morning.

Still waiting for my Wolves ticket though.

The club sent it on Saturday..

Taylors Dummy

Nov 3, 2004
South West Rye
You can pay as much as you want at the Post Office but knowing how postie's take care of the mail especially at this time of year it doesn't make any difference. They cannot bother to rush and blame it on the excesive amount of post they have to deliver. Life's hard eh!:angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
temporary staff taken on at the Post office this time of the year

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I always found that if you pay 3 quid at the post office instead of the price of a first class stamp - they tend to take a little more care.

Oct 5, 2003
of course Season tick holders should get priority QUITE RIGHT they have almost singled handed kept the club afloat and the administrators away

Oct 5, 2003
thing is clapham do u wanna pay 3 quid every time you wanna send a letter 1st class? i doubt if many do its a monopoly that the looney tunes lefties should be looking to destroy and replace with competition.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Kalimantan Gull said:
You're probably lucky not going - don't fancy seing us get stuffed 8-0

Depends what team selection is ..if Spurs play there first team then you may be right...if they play a weakened team we will give them a run for their money
We need to mark Carrick out of the game to stop the flow of passes to the forwards

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
of course Season tick holders should get priority QUITE RIGHT they have almost singled handed kept the club afloat and the administrators away

Agree.
I don't live in Brighton, so sent my application first class the day the tickets went on sale. Heard nothing - no tickets, no money taken from my account, no nice letter from Martin Perry. A day or two ago the ticket office couldn't even tell me over the phone if they've received my application...very helpful.
This will be only the second time I've ever missed out on tickets when demand has exceeded supply, but I have thought for some time now that the club need to address the way they allocate and prioritise their tickets on such occasions - whether or not I have been successful with my Spurs application, which is looking increasingly unlikely.
I've traveled to Sunderland, Millwall, Derby, Carlisle and back in a day, Halifax on a Tuesday night (to then be told the game is rained-off)...no, that doesn't necessarily make me a better fan than someone else who can't afford to do this or has other responsibilities, but on the other hand I make the Albion my priority, I'm not made of money, but I go without other things instead. The club receive my full season ticket money months in advance of the new season....before I even know what division we'll be playing in!!! We season ticket holders pay well above the odds for this standard of football, especially considering the less than adequate facilities available - we do this because we understand the circumstances under which the club we love is currently having to operate. If I couldn't see a Falmer shaped light at the end of the tunnel then perhaps my judgement would be somewhat different, and I'd maybe re-consider my priorities. Before anyone gets on their high-horse about not living in the south / can't get to many games / has to work weekends / can't afford a season ticket, I do understand this, but surely not many people fall into many of these categories. My argument is that I think season tickets holders should have first priority for ALL tickets, not at the same time as Away Members who have just had to pay a one-off £10 fee to join 'for life'. If nothing else, if the royal mail has let me down (as it may appear on this occasion) and I know that it has a week ahead of the cherry-picking, couple-of-games-a-season fans, I could then take more drastic action, such as to travel down to Brighton and hand-deliver my application, to ensure it had been received. There HAS to be a priority for loyalty (& considerable investment!). Like all true fans
I will stick with the Albion through thick and thin, but it is the games like this that get me through the thin times.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Elms said:
Agree.
I don't live in Brighton, so sent my application first class the day the tickets went on sale. Heard nothing - no tickets, no money taken from my account, no nice letter from Martin Perry. A day or two ago the ticket office couldn't even tell me over the phone if they've received my application...very helpful.
This will be only the second time I've ever missed out on tickets when demand has exceeded supply, but I have thought for some time now that the club need to address the way they allocate and prioritise their tickets on such occasions - whether or not I have been successful with my Spurs application, which is looking increasingly unlikely.
I've traveled to Sunderland, Millwall, Derby, Carlisle and back in a day, Halifax on a Tuesday night (to then be told the game is rained-off)...no, that doesn't necessarily make me a better fan than someone else who can't afford to do this or has other responsibilities, but on the other hand I make the Albion my priority, I'm not made of money, but I go without other things instead. The club receive my full season ticket money months in advance of the new season....before I even know what division we'll be playing in!!! We season ticket holders pay well above the odds for this standard of football, especially considering the less than adequate facilities available - we do this because we understand the circumstances under which the club we love is currently having to operate. If I couldn't see a Falmer shaped light at the end of the tunnel then perhaps my judgement would be somewhat different, and I'd maybe re-consider my priorities. Before anyone gets on their high-horse about not living in the south / can't get to many games / has to work weekends / can't afford a season ticket, I do understand this, but surely not many people fall into many of these categories. My argument is that I think season tickets holders should have first priority for ALL tickets, not at the same time as Away Members who have just had to pay a one-off £10 fee to join 'for life'. If nothing else, if the royal mail has let me down (as it may appear on this occasion) and I know that it has a week ahead of the cherry-picking, couple-of-games-a-season fans, I could then take more drastic action, such as to travel down to Brighton and hand-deliver my application, to ensure it had been received. There HAS to be a priority for loyalty (& considerable investment!). Like all true fans
I will stick with the Albion through thick and thin, but it is the games like this that get me through the thin times.

Couldnt agree more...prepare to be flamed

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I also agree and I'm not a season ticket holder. If I was preparedd to make that commitment, which I'm not (living in London with young kid and another on the way) I would like to think the club would allow me first dibs at a ticket.
I now also await to get flamed.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Yes re-newals in Feb will depend on where we are in the league and I think also if there is any positive Falmer news.

I predict a gallant fight against relegation like 2002 2003 so we will all buy tickets, but those last 7 home games might put us down and count against sales.

As much as I am bored with this argument I'm going to answer this one.

Elms said:
Agree.

Of course you know that they are extremely busy dealing with all this, and as it's Xmas the post isn't massively reliable.

Why?

I've traveled to Sunderland, Millwall, Derby, Carlisle and back in a day, Halifax on a Tuesday night (to then be told the game is rained-off)...no, that doesn't necessarily make me a better fan than someone else who can't afford to do this or has other responsibilities, but on the other hand I make the Albion my priority, I'm not made of money, but I go without other things instead. The club receive my full season ticket money months in advance of the new season....before I even know what division we'll be playing in!!! We season ticket holders pay well above the odds for this standard of football, especially considering the less than adequate facilities available - we do this because we understand the circumstances under which the club we love is currently having to operate. If I couldn't see a Falmer shaped light at the end of the tunnel then perhaps my judgement would be somewhat different, and I'd maybe re-consider my priorities.

As I have said elsewhere on this thread, that is your choice, and you get EXACTLY what you pay for, a guaranteed, never changing seat at Withdean for all home league games. So what if you pay over the odds for the standard of football? Do you think that those of us who buy tickets as and when we can get to games don't pay over the odds then? Sorry mate, that argument is completely irrelevant.

Before anyone gets on their high-horse about not living in the south / can't get to many games / has to work weekends / can't afford a season ticket, I do understand this, but surely not many people fall into many of these categories. My argument is that I think season tickets holders should have first priority for ALL tickets, not at the same time as Away Members who have just had to pay a one-off £10 fee to join 'for life'.

Why? Because you give your money early? There have been seasons that I haven't had a season ticket, but haven't missed a game. My current circumstances have dictated that I can't justify a season ticket this year, first time since we got back to Brighton, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan. I used to make the round trips to Gillingham all the time, but didn't have a season ticket then either. Does it matter? Does it f***.

If nothing else, if the royal mail has let me down (as it may appear on this occasion) and I know that it has a week ahead of the cherry-picking, couple-of-games-a-season fans, I could then take more drastic action, such as to travel down to Brighton and hand-deliver my application, to ensure it had been received. There HAS to be a priority for loyalty (& considerable investment!). Like all true fans

No, there doesn't have to be a priority for loyalty. It's very simple, you have been let down by the Post Office this time, unlucky. You do have my sympathies there as you did send off early from the sounds of it. However, no amount of priority would have helped you if the Post Ofice lose your application. There is no way that the club would give season ticket holders a weeks grace, as they have to turn round the sales of these tickets quickly to ensure that we get the maximum amount of tickets we need. You'd have had 2 days max, and you'd still be in the same boat. As for considerable investment, there are plenty of people that can't afford a one off hit of over £400 for a ST but still buy tickets for every game. Who pays more, you or them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here