Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice letter from Martin Perry this morning...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bombardier said:
I might be able to get my hands on a spare and will post this on the ticket swap site if it becomes available.

:glare:

If you do Dave, can I have it first ? Not heard about my application yet so I guess it's not looking too hopeful.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
People know the score and I should have applied the first day they went on sale.

Nobody to blame but yourself, which I think, deep down, people know but by blaming Knight etc it makes them feel less bad about being lazy arses and not sending their applications off in time.

I was a lazy arse and did not get tickets for West Ham away. It was my own fault. Nobody elses.

Was very lucky that I managed to buy a couple.

The Auditor said:
Without season ticket cash the club would have folded before now ..so yes we should have priority:angry: :censored:

Can you prove that? I doubt it. There are limted seats available at Withdean, and therefore a limited amount of cash that can come in. All that happens with season tickets is that they get lumps of cash in one go, but realistically it's the same amount of cash over the course of the season.

The simple fact is you lot are moaning because you couldn't get yourselves organised and apply quickly enough. First come first served is the fairest way, it's also the easiest to administer. Next time get your arse into gear quicker.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Can you prove that? I doubt it. There are limted seats available at Withdean, and therefore a limited amount of cash that can come in. All that happens with season tickets is that they get lumps of cash in one go, but realistically it's the same amount of cash over the course of the season.

The simple fact is you lot are moaning because you couldn't get yourselves organised and apply quickly enough. First come first served is the fairest way, it's also the easiest to administer. Next time get your arse into gear quicker.

Posted my application the evening that sales where announced so can do no more.
If you look at the clubs accounts to 30 June 2003 you will see why I think that season ticket money is vital to the clubs survival and priority on tickets is a fair benefit for providing the club with that cash... especially as its 4 months before the season starts rather than on an adhoc basis

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

I got mine the first morning after it was annouced they were on sale I was able to get to the ticket office by 6.30 am but then again some of us can afford to live in central Brighton:lolol: :lolol:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*punches wall* :angry: why.haven't.i.got.mine.YET!

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
hove born&bred said:
I got mine the first morning after it was annouced they were on sale I was able to get to the ticket office by 6.30 am but then again some of us can afford to live in central Brighton:lolol: :lolol:

lucky bastard:lolol:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

So what sort of slush fund does the club have then?

Season tickets is a guaranteed income with no risk. People stump up before the team is Desecrated and not scoring for love nor money. Then there's the weather....:angry:

Saint Lennard said:
So what sort of slush fund does the club have then?

Season tickets is a guaranteed income with no risk. People stump up before the team is Desecrated and not scoring for love nor money. Then there's the weather....:angry:

How are season tickets guaranteed income? You don't HAVE to buy one. When the club sends out the ST renewals no one is forcing any of you to take them up. Of course the club finds the money handy, and in return you get a seat for every home game guaranteed, not only a seat but the same seat, near your friends if you've sorted yourselves out properly. So you don't have to run the risk of not getting tickets for the HOME games that the club is really interested in.

The Auditor said:
Posted my application the evening that sales where announced so can do no more.
If you look at the clubs accounts to 30 June 2003 you will see why I think that season ticket money is vital to the clubs survival and priority on tickets is a fair benefit for providing the club with that cash... especially as its 4 months before the season starts rather than on an adhoc basis

See my reply above as far as season tickets are concerned.

If you posted you app off the evening they went on sale then I reckon you should be phoning the club to see if they've recieved and/or processed it, as it seems that a lot of people who posted theirs later than you have got one.

If it's got lost in the post then no amount of priority would have helped you.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
How are season tickets guaranteed income? You don't HAVE to buy one. When the club sends out the ST renewals no one is forcing any of you to take them up. Of course the club finds the money handy, and in return you get a seat for every home game guaranteed, not only a seat but the same seat, near your friends if you've sorted yourselves out properly. So you don't have to run the risk of not getting tickets for the HOME games that the club is really interested in.

When the ticket is bought thats £400 guaranteed to the club before the previous season is finished. At that popint you don't even know what league they'll beplaying in let alone if they will have a team.

If you pay per match it is not gauranteed because you may not want to see League 1 football, could decide that when the weather gets dodgy you prefer to stay in the warm and dry etc.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
See my reply above as far as season tickets are concerned.

If you posted you app off the evening they went on sale then I reckon you should be phoning the club to see if they've recieved and/or processed it, as it seems that a lot of people who posted theirs later than you have got one.

If it's got lost in the post then no amount of priority would have helped you.

will get onto them this afternoon

I was very worried that the Spurs game would be the first ever game that I could not get tickets to... shouldn't have worried. i'll be there :wave:
If I can do it with a 100% record, any idiot can so stop your f***ing moaning.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Lokki 7 said:
I was very worried that the Spurs game would be the first ever game that I could not get tickets to... shouldn't have worried. i'll be there :wave:
If I can do it with a 100% record, any idiot can so stop your f***ing moaning.

Couldn't agree more. This is the first time I haven't got a ticket when I wanted one, and it's because it took me a couple of days to send off the appliaction. Nobody else's fault apart from my own.

However if people who dropped their application into the shop later than mine arrived, and got a ticket, then I would feel a little bit aggrieved.

Saint Lennard said:
When the ticket is bought thats £400 guaranteed to the club before the previous season is finished. At that popint you don't even know what league they'll beplaying in let alone if they will have a team.

If you pay per match it is not gauranteed because you may not want to see League 1 football, could decide that when the weather gets dodgy you prefer to stay in the warm and dry etc.

Of course people that don't have season tickets will decide on a match by match basis, and they'll take the chance on getting a ticket. As a season ticket holder you pay up front for the same seat GUARANTEED all season for every home league game. That's all. That's the priority you get for paying up front, that you know you have a seat for each game, and that seat will not change around the ground.

As I said before, no one forces any of you to buy your ticket up front, regardless of what league we may be in, that's your choice and you get exactly what you pay for, nothing else.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Basic fact - the club just want the money - they dont care if you have a season ticket for withdean or a season ticket to victoria, they just want your money - Cardiff proved that.

Anyway I hope all the boys and girls at millwall, sunderland, forrest and derby get tickets for spurs and all the glory hunters get the bug and buy season tickets for withdean next year.

So we taking 3 -4000 to Brammel lane?

Stinky Kat said:
Basic fact - the club just want the money - they dont care if you have a season ticket for withdean or a season ticket to victoria, they just want your money - Cardiff proved that.

Anyway I hope all the boys and girls at millwall, sunderland, forrest and derby get tickets for spurs and all the glory hunters get the bug and buy season tickets for withdean next year.

So we taking 3 -4000 to Brammel lane?

So bitter and twisted.

So because I don't have a season ticket this year I'm a glory hunter, is that what you're saying?

If you had got yourself organised on time for this you would have tickets. You knew the way it worked and you still didn't sort yourself out. Well f*** you. I have no sympathy for people that don't bother themseves then bitch about it afterwards.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:

If you had got yourself organised on time for this you would have tickets. You knew the way it worked and you still didn't sort yourself out. Well f*** you. I have no sympathy for people that don't bother themseves then bitch about it afterwards.

f***ing right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here