Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice letter from Martin Perry this morning...

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Elms said:
I completely understand where you are coming from, and this SHOULD be a worry for the club. Like you I've had a season ticket since we got back to Brighton (I even had one for our last season at Gillingham, on the understanding we would be back home sooner than we were)...personally I love it too much to jack it in, but as a season ticket holder I hate feeling taken for granted.

I dont wanna jack it in and the boy will be mortified if he cannot see the Albion every week but bills need to be paid and the wife wants a holiday. If I get some overtime or a better job I'll be renewing because like the other 5000 I love this awg=ful bloody club - the race is on

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I would set it up for them.

It is not rocket science. Its a simple query that will run over the tickets database which will drop into an excell spreadsheet against people's AMS number/Season Ticket number etc etc I have seen the excellent staff at the ticket office entering details into the computer when tickets are issued. they must get printouts of who has a ticket for a specific game.

Lets face it, they must employ and accountant or two, who must be bored at fighting off creditors, so this will give them something to do.

It certainly isn't rocket science, a simple Access or Excel database would do the trick and could be set up by anybody with a basic understanding of these packages. There are also off-the-shelf client relationship management systems which would fit the bill. e Better still why not ask othe clubs what they do, no point in re-inventing the wheel. They would probably need to change their initial sorting procedures but that shouldn't be a problem.
As for the cost, they should consider the potential cost of pissing off the most loyal fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry...in reply to St L's post....

Sort of:lolol:

I was involved in the original Junior Seagulls stuff, ie trips to Gillingham etc, where it was run as a youth club type set up, now the club has taken over the running of the Seagulls Club and also the different age group teams, it does appear more "professionally run"

If you are reading this Paul/matt, it is not a critisism at all!!!!

talking with paul cammlin, it would be marvellous if the club could allocate more cut priced tickets to kids, but the way withdean is ticketted, relying on returns from away teams, it is very difficult to get the timing right.

I do agree with you, the kids are the future of the club and certainly we should be trying to do everything we can to get them through the turnstiles.

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
They are the ones that will fill Falmer for us Dave.

Ijust think if a short notice scheme was set up then when tickets are returned then it's all systems go. Even pay on the day. The club should also do this for anmy unsold seats. I'd rather get a kid watching the Albion and planting that seed in their mind as well as getting a fiver in the coffers.

I am obviously missing something and await the NSC mafia to put me straight.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Saint, I aint the mafia but I think pay on the day is banned by the council as the locals do not want chavs who cant get in bending the aerials on their cars or p1ssing through their letterboxes

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
They are the ones that will fill Falmer for us Dave.

Ijust think if a short notice scheme was set up then when tickets are returned then it's all systems go. Even pay on the day. The club should also do this for anmy unsold seats. I'd rather get a kid watching the Albion and planting that seed in their mind as well as getting a fiver in the coffers.

I am obviously missing something and await the NSC mafia to put me straight.

The hinderance to anything like this is the fact you cannot buy tickets on the day. However I know the club often do not find out until Thursday evening that tickets are being returned, but they must let people know on the Friday that they have these spares. They do emarketing now. So surely sending an email out to their base letting them know these tickets are available would help shift a few more.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Uncle Buck said:
The hinderance to anything like this is the fact you cannot buy tickets on the day. However I know the club often do not find out until Thursday evening that tickets are being returned, but they must let people know on the Friday that they have these spares. They do emarketing now. So surely sending an email out to their base letting them know these tickets are available would help shift a few more.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yup i agree 100% with that.

Unfortunately as part of the tennancy agreement we cant sell on the day...that is set in stone, however, I think it would be a good idea if season Ticket holders could not make the game, they should be able to contact the club and "release " their seat.

I know this is also fraught with pitfalls, but it would help.

It does dismay me when there are seats empty near me!

You and I are kindered spirits mate :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

dave, Don of the NSC Mafia

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Uncle Buck said:

What database !!! - the one that sorts out the away tickets:lolol: :lolol:

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a call from the ticket office to see if I was happy with 6 £37 tickets for WHL...

I said
"can I get back to you in 5, I've just to to check with everyone else"
and she said
"not really, they're the last ones left"
So I said
"YES!"

Phew, in by the skin of my teeth!!!! :clap: :drink: :clap:

(For the record, I still think ticket allocation needs reviewing)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here