Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice letter from Martin Perry this morning...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
I gets f***ing annoying when fair weather friends like you can't be arsed to make the effort and only support from a far.

Season ticket holders do not have a right to anything but i think you have even less right.

Support from a far?

Turn it in.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
mr turd said:
O yeah and season ticket holders shouldn't get priority in anyway,as for one!

They get to see every home game and lots of away games???

and two!
Its an oppotunity for others and closet fans who are the future:clap:

Your name says it all... you spout absolute sh1t. They get to see every home game because they've bought all the tickets up front (before they know what league we are gonna be in or what sort of team we are gonna put out). Alot odf season ticket holders do go to away games because they are avid supported of the club (another reason for buying a season ticket i imagine).

Closet fans will not help theclub survive and will lead to Falmer becoming a whiite elephant and not sustainable.

It is this sort of attitude that will keep season ticket prices (and match day ticket prices, come to think of it) so high because they will have to subsidise those who only want to go when the missus doesn't want to go shopping that afternoon.

If fair weather fans became regular fans everyone, including the club, would benefit.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
mona said:
What makes you so confident that there'll be a club to support in the future?
Fewer season ticket holders could mean the end.

Nothing makes me confident the club will still be here. Howvever 2 season tickets to withdean are no longer as important as paying the bills because the way the club treats me as a season ticket holder is no different to anybody else. The supply and demand for tickets means I will always get 2 for home games if I am quick enough and as an AMS member I will get aways if I am quick enough

I will go on weeks I can afford to and if falmer has 22000 seats I can cherry pick. I've had a season ticket since we came back to brighton and after 5 years of getting wet and this season being told to sit down by a jobs worth who does not understand the emotions the club fill me with AT A FECKING FOOTBALL MATCH I am thinking is it worth the money and time every week. £650 to be treated like shit....hmm thats not good value

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As someone who has been to most away games this year, I will say that you do tend to see the same faces at every game...certainly the A21 mob, the official supporters club people, NSC Albion people ( fatboy, Shebo, Matt Gurr etc etc)

I think that there is a selection of people "supporting " Brighton, who due to the fact that they used to go to the Goldstone, believe that they should get tickets to the "big" games....ie Cardiff Final, WHU, Tottenham, Swindon last year. I have no real problem with this, however I think the club should look at looking after the current loyalty of the fans who go week in week out.

I know there are people who by circumstances cannot make this criteria, and it is not a critisism by any means, however I do believe that the only way we are going to solve this problem of people not getting tickets is to have some sort of loyalty scheme, based on tickets sold. 99% of our games are all ticket, therefore it should be fairly straightforward to set up some sort of program to award people "points" for matches attended. In this way, those people will get first punt at grade 1 games.

As I said I know this is not ideal, but if people know the criteria for tickets I do feel this will at least explain why person a will get a tciket and person b not.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Stinky Kat said:

I will go on weeks I can afford to and if falmer has 22000 seats I can cherry pick. I've had a season ticket since we came back to brighton and after 5 years of getting wet and this season being told to sit down by a jobs worth who does not understand the emotions the club fill me with AT A FECKING FOOTBALL MATCH I am thinking is it worth the money and time every week. £650 to be treated like shit....hmm thats not good value

That is why i think Falmer will be a white elephant. Why will there be any need to buy a season ticket. People will pick and choose their games because they are guaranteed a seat unless we play a BIG team, which in League one or below is never and in this league possibly once or twice a season.

Still an empty tin echoes quite nicely!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But St L, that is the nature of all new developments.

If Withdean is a financial no-goer and you think Falmer is a white elephant, which everyone agrees that Withdean is, what is the alternative?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
dave the gaffer said:
As someone who has been to most away games this year, I will say that you do tend to see the same faces at every game...certainly the A21 mob, the official supporters club people, NSC Albion people ( fatboy, Shebo, Matt Gurr etc etc)

I think that there is a selection of people "supporting " Brighton, who due to the fact that they used to go to the Goldstone, believe that they should get tickets to the "big" games....ie Cardiff Final, WHU, Tottenham, Swindon last year. I have no real problem with this, however I think the club should look at looking after the current loyalty of the fans who go week in week out.

I know there are people who by circumstances cannot make this criteria, and it is not a critisism by any means, however I do believe that the only way we are going to solve this problem of people not getting tickets is to have some sort of loyalty scheme, based on tickets sold. 99% of our games are all ticket, therefore it should be fairly straightforward to set up some sort of program to award people "points" for matches attended. In this way, those people will get first punt at grade 1 games.

As I said I know this is not ideal, but if people know the criteria for tickets I do feel this will at least explain why person a will get a tciket and person b not.

Dave you are right but when I suggested this previously I got flamed on the basis the club couldnt afford to set it up ...personally I think is a simple data base and not rocket science but then what do I know about business?...after all I know who my best customers are

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
dave the gaffer said:

I have written to Martin Perry to express my views on this, something along the lines of my original post...it would be interesting to know why something like this is not in place already, it must surely have been considered...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Auditor said:
Dave you are right but when I suggested this previously I got flamed on the basis the club couldnt afford to set it up ...personally I think is a simple data base and not rocket science but then what do I know about business?...after all I know who my best customers are

It is not that hard. Alternatively, you have to send certain ticket stubs in to be guaranteed a ticket for certain games. Now before people say 'not all games are all ticket', every game this season has had advanced sales, so if you want to guarantee yourself a ticket for a big game, you buy them in advance. Sheffield Utd for example is not all ticket, but we are buying them in advance (means an extra 5 minutes in the pub).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would set it up for them.

It is not rocket science. Its a simple query that will run over the tickets database which will drop into an excell spreadsheet against people's AMS number/Season Ticket number etc etc I have seen the excellent staff at the ticket office entering details into the computer when tickets are issued. they must get printouts of who has a ticket for a specific game.

Lets face it, they must employ and accountant or two, who must be bored at fighting off creditors, so this will give them something to do.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
dave the gaffer said:
But St L, that is the nature of all new developments.

If Withdean is a financial no-goer and you think Falmer is a white elephant, which everyone agrees that Withdean is, what is the alternative?

Something that is of a better quality but smaller? or the current plans but with reasonably priced tickets, including a cheap deal for kids.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saint Lennard said:
Sorry, so how many away grounds have you been to?

At last count 40 odd but I ain't getting into a competition with you coz I now deem you to be a twat.

Anyway, give me a chance, I'm only 23.

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Stinky Kat said:
Nothing makes me confident the club will still be here. Howvever 2 season tickets to withdean are no longer as important as paying the bills because the way the club treats me as a season ticket holder is no different to anybody else. The supply and demand for tickets means I will always get 2 for home games if I am quick enough and as an AMS member I will get aways if I am quick enough

I completely understand where you are coming from, and this SHOULD be a worry for the club. Like you I've had a season ticket since we got back to Brighton (I even had one for our last season at Gillingham, on the understanding we would be back home sooner than we were)...personally I love it too much to jack it in, but as a season ticket holder I hate feeling taken for granted.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But as of now there are variables:

1. We dont know the pricing policy

2. We dont know what division we will be in

3. we dont know the make up of the squad...we may have very cheap players to finance, or very expensive ones

How do you mean better quality? From the drawings and plans, it looks an extremely good stadium

Why smaller? If people are moaning like hell that they cant get a ticket from Tottenham, what if we are in the Premiership by the time it is built?

I would have thought that the pricing plans will include deals for families/kids etc...certainly they are doing all they can to encourage kids to come along...Seagulls Club, Seagulls teams etc etc

Dont get me wrong, I know exactly what you are saying, but I would have thought better aim big than be faced with having to build on the site again if we come up short of demand

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
At last count 40 odd but I ain't getting into a competition with you coz I now deem you to be a twat.

Anyway, give me a chance, I'm only 23.

Anyway, what the f*ck has your IQ got to do with it:lolol:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
dave the gaffer said:
But as of now there are variables:

1. We dont know the pricing policy

2. We dont know what division we will be in

3. we dont know the make up of the squad...we may have very cheap players to finance, or very expensive ones

How do you mean better quality? From the drawings and plans, it looks an extremely good stadium

Why smaller? If people are moaning like hell that they cant get a ticket from Tottenham, what if we are in the Premiership by the time it is built?

I would have thought that the pricing plans will include deals for families/kids etc...certainly they are doing all they can to encourage kids to come along...Seagulls Club, Seagulls teams etc etc

Dont get me wrong, I know exactly what you are saying, but I would have thought better aim big than be faced with having to build on the site again if we come up short of demand

Fair point Dave. Although i did choke on my coffee when reading "what if we are in the Premiership by the time it is built?" but luckily i saw a pig fly past and saw the funny side to your macabre sense of humour.

Unfortunately, i then went and spilt it all over my keyboard when i read "certainly they are doing all they can to encourage kids to come along"...hmmmm, what you mean those really cheap priced empty seats we see every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here