Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice letter from Martin Perry this morning...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Talk with your feet if you don't like the fact that you don't get priority for absolutely f***ing everything because you bought a season ticket because YOU WANT to go and watch the games. Surely if tehy are a business the only way they will understand is if their revenue decreases not if you just spout of about it on NSC.
f***ing hell it's boring. You get a free ticket to the first cup game of the season (which this year could quite easily have been Manchester United at home), you pay less per game than those who cam only afford to go a game at a time and you are guarunteed a ticket for that last home game of the season that might see us stay up with a win (remember Watford last time round).

Moan moan moan moan moan.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Talk with your feet if you don't like the fact that you don't get priority for absolutely f***ing everything because you bought a season ticket because YOU WANT to go and watch the games. Surely if tehy are a business the only way they will understand is if their revenue decreases not if you just spout of about it on NSC.
f***ing hell it's boring. You get a free ticket to the first cup game of the season (which this year could quite easily have been Manchester United at home), you pay less per game than those who cam only afford to go a game at a time and you are guarunteed a ticket for that last home game of the season that might see us stay up with a win (remember Watford last time round).

Moan moan moan moan moan.

and without us the club wont exist:censored:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Curious Orange said:
I expect there will be about 6,000 very happy customers at White Hart Lane on January the 8th.

yes but not at all our home games and if we get relegated the revenue will fall even further

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Auditor said:
Thank you.....you wont be able to pick and choose your games when the club closes down due to lack of regular income

Look, I'm not saying I don't appreciate what the season ticket holders do for the club at all but when you BLEAT on about it every five minutes it gets f***ing annoying. You seem to want the earth from the club. If I could afford to get a season ticket every year then I would but I do have some other priorities in life I must admit. I do believe in priority schemes but think that season ticket holders having priority for away games in a tad silly.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I got x2 season tickets but probably wont be getting them next year as my income has fallen considerably this year, however, I will still be in AMS and am confident of getting tickets next year for home games as they are always available.

If my finances do buck up I will still consider not re-newing for a number of reasons;

Withdean stewards
Withdean atmosphere
Take my chances on getting home tickets
No advantage to me in being a season ticket holder (as cardiff and Spurs and west ham have proved)

And I do have 2 Spurs tickets

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Auditor said:
Thank you.....you wont be able to pick and choose your games when the club closes down due to lack of regular income

Yet you still want the club to fork out money it hasn't got to do extra administration on prioritising tickets to an away match. Are YOU in business?

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Curious Orange said:
Yet you still want the club to fork out money it hasn't got to do extra administration on prioritising tickets to an away match. Are YOU in business?

Yes I am in business and a simple database at low cost would sort this out, its not rocket science ,I know who my best customers are unlike our club

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Auditor said:
Yes I am in business and a simple database at low cost would sort this out, its not rocket science ,I know who my best customers are unlike our club

That is still a cost the club cannot justify. When we are in Falmer and can actually afford the development and additional administration costs then yes, but not now.

Your medal is in the post.

Mine hasn't turned up yet. And I got my application in first thing, ******* Royal Mail :angry:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Curious Orange said:
I expect there will be about 6,000 very happy customers at White Hart Lane on January the 8th.

I honestly hope so, but I also hope that those of them who don't usually go to Withdean or to some of the bread and butter awaydays, change their purchasing patterns as a result of the experience.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
cheshunt seagull said:
I am not interested in the debate as to whether season ticket holders or regular away fans should get first option on away tickets, I think that they both contribute to the club. As a season ticket holder who thinks he will not get a ticket to WHL, I wouldn't begrudge a ticket to one of the souls who travel regularly to the less glamorous outposts to get behind the stripes. I have some irritation at, what appear to be, a fair number of people who cherry pick the really big days out but wouldn't be seen dead at Rotherham or covered in a bin liner in the South Stand. If you had asked me pre-playoff final I would gave argued that we should be looking to use these games to widen the fanbase and that we should be looking to encourage new fans to attend them. However 30,000 fans attending one of the greatest days in our history has not had any impact on our home attendances at all. I think that the club should reward loyalty and with the testing months and years ahead that must become a major priority.

I suppose what I am saying is that the club should look to find away of allocating tickets to these tastier fixtures that rewards those that attend games regularly (home and/or away). Finding an equitable, and not too complex, system should not be beyond them. I dunno, maybe I am being a bit simplistic.

:clap:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Uncle Buck said:
In all fairness, thse 'big game Charlies' never really went to the Goldstone, the play off year the average was only about 8500. So what is there to suggest that they will actually become regulars at a new ground? Surely you have to keep your existing customer base happy in the first instance to retain them and implement other schemes to encourage new business.
Use your brain buck,the club was on a downward spiral at that time full stop,how about all the other years:shootself

What about the 20-27k who reguarly applied for tickets like 2 year ago??? yes most of these have gone because the got pissed off with rejection on tickets.:eek:

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
O yeah and season ticket holders shouldn't get priority in anyway,as for one!

They get to see every home game and lots of away games???

and two!
Its an oppotunity for others and closet fans who are the future:clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Don't panic yet!

I got my application in in Weds 8th and, having been posted to me with a 1st class stamp on the 17th, they only arrived this afternoon.

The snails trail is still on my drive!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Stinky Kat said:
I got x2 season tickets but probably wont be getting them next year as my income has fallen considerably this year, however, I will still be in AMS and am confident of getting tickets next year for home games as they are always available.

If my finances do buck up I will still consider not re-newing for a number of reasons;

Withdean stewards
Withdean atmosphere
Take my chances on getting home tickets
No advantage to me in being a season ticket holder (as cardiff and Spurs and west ham have proved)

And I do have 2 Spurs tickets
What makes you so confident that there'll be a club to support in the future?
Fewer season ticket holders could mean the end.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Elms said:
Agree.
I don't live in Brighton, so sent my application first class the day the tickets went on sale. Heard nothing - no tickets, no money taken from my account, no nice letter from Martin Perry. A day or two ago the ticket office couldn't even tell me over the phone if they've received my application...very helpful.
This will be only the second time I've ever missed out on tickets when demand has exceeded supply, but I have thought for some time now that the club need to address the way they allocate and prioritise their tickets on such occasions - whether or not I have been successful with my Spurs application, which is looking increasingly unlikely.
I've traveled to Sunderland, Millwall, Derby, Carlisle and back in a day, Halifax on a Tuesday night (to then be told the game is rained-off)...no, that doesn't necessarily make me a better fan than someone else who can't afford to do this or has other responsibilities, but on the other hand I make the Albion my priority, I'm not made of money, but I go without other things instead. The club receive my full season ticket money months in advance of the new season....before I even know what division we'll be playing in!!! We season ticket holders pay well above the odds for this standard of football, especially considering the less than adequate facilities available - we do this because we understand the circumstances under which the club we love is currently having to operate. If I couldn't see a Falmer shaped light at the end of the tunnel then perhaps my judgement would be somewhat different, and I'd maybe re-consider my priorities. Before anyone gets on their high-horse about not living in the south / can't get to many games / has to work weekends / can't afford a season ticket, I do understand this, but surely not many people fall into many of these categories. My argument is that I think season tickets holders should have first priority for ALL tickets, not at the same time as Away Members who have just had to pay a one-off £10 fee to join 'for life'. If nothing else, if the royal mail has let me down (as it may appear on this occasion) and I know that it has a week ahead of the cherry-picking, couple-of-games-a-season fans, I could then take more drastic action, such as to travel down to Brighton and hand-deliver my application, to ensure it had been received. There HAS to be a priority for loyalty (& considerable investment!). Like all true fans
I will stick with the Albion through thick and thin, but it is the games like this that get me through the thin times.

Elms that is a TOP post!

Any business worth it's salt would look after it's regular customers!

:clap:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Look, I'm not saying I don't appreciate what the season ticket holders do for the club at all but when you BLEAT on about it every five minutes it gets f***ing annoying. You seem to want the earth from the club. If I could afford to get a season ticket every year then I would but I do have some other priorities in life I must admit. I do believe in priority schemes but think that season ticket holders having priority for away games in a tad silly.

I gets f***ing annoying when fair weather friends like you can't be arsed to make the effort and only support from a far.

Season ticket holders do not have a right to anything but i think you have even less right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here