Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next door cat had my lovely song Thrush today!!!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Id never put a bell on my cat because the foxes would take it. Live out in the sticks and often see foxes in my garden so having a bell on snoopy would let the killers know she was coming. I often see posters on trees and lamposts asking for help in finding lost cats. They're not lost but have been taken by the foxes.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
So there was public out cry when a women puts a cat in a bin a while back, yet here there threats to kill them
duh.gif

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Id never put a bell on my cat because the foxes would take it. Live out in the sticks and often see foxes in my garden so having a bell on snoopy would let the killers know she was coming. I often see posters on trees and lamposts asking for help in finding lost cats. They're not lost but have been taken by the foxes.

Foxes do not kill cats

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Buy a slug gun. We used to shoot cats that came into the yard with them all the time.

Scares the crap out of them and very few return.

Oh, and it's not very loud when you let a round off so nobody will suspect a thing.
They sell guns for shooting slugs?
I honestly think its time I stopped coming on here
If threads like this bother you that much, sadly it's probably for the best if you don't come here.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Can't belive some of you. Talking about killing a cat. Sickos. Seriously have you guys never heard of nature. I know I'm probably going to get flamed and to be quite honest. I'm beyond caring with some of you lot. But It seems to me a few of you have obsession with birds and songbirds. I'm not talking about the 2 pints of lager and kebab kind either. But seriously. It's nature, It's what cats do. Go on let the flaming comence because I'm really not In the mood.:drink:

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Cats kill an estimated 55 million birds a year in the UK. Don't like them.
I do think legislation is needed on this issue. When I lived in Sussex my neighbourhood was overrun with cats and the birds were gone, I lived in Kent and the birdsong returned, but then in came loads of cats and they were gone (killed). Now I live in Doncaster and we still have a few birds but getting less everyday. We need the birds more than the cats. Reason, birds eat insects, which leaves plants able to grow for us to eat. So in my opinion if you wish to own a cat the only responsible way is to keep it in doors.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
I do think legislation is needed on this issue. When I lived in Sussex my neighbourhood was overrun with cats and the birds were gone, I lived in Kent and the birdsong returned, but then in came loads of cats and they were gone (killed). Now I live in Doncaster and we still have a few birds but getting less everyday. We need the birds more than the cats. Reason, birds eat insects, which leaves plants able to grow for us to eat. So in my opinion if you wish to own a cat the only responsible way is to keep it in doors.

In which mine Is. Although mine has a scary obsession with pigeons which have almost cost him his life due to the fact I live In the top floor.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Can't belive some of you. Talking about killing a cat. Sickos. Seriously have you guys never heard of nature. I know I'm probably going to get flamed and to be quite honest. I'm beyond caring with some of you lot. But It seems to me a few of you have obsession with birds and songbirds. I'm not talking about the 2 pints of lager and kebab kind either. But seriously. It's nature, It's what cats do. Go on let the flaming comence because I'm really not In the mood.:drink:

I've heard of nature. We're top of the tree in most parts of nature and to get there we kill/killed lots of animals along the way.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't want to kill the cats (I'm quite partial to a nice cat), but I just want their owners to have a little more responsibility for their actions. ie bring them in overnight and lock the cat door so they aren't out yowling all night long, shitting all over other peoples gardens and at stopping them killing birds during the night. In the day its a little different - a bell should help a little bit and at least the birds have a fighting chance rather than being poached from their nests.

So what does that tell you? Show some posturing and cruelty towards a cat that really won't understand what you are trying to tell them? Or, alternatively, be a man/woman and speak to the owners, that will understand and will have been warned? It really ain't rocket science is it?

Some unbelievably crass postings on here... nation of pet lovers? Do me a favour.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Our cats are always allowed out at night, but the buggers prefer to stay in sleeping on our bed.
Having said that this morning I had to remove a dead mouse that one of them had kindly left on the windscreen wiper of the wifes car.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
So what does that tell you? Show some posturing and cruelty towards a cat that really won't understand what you are trying to tell them? Or, alternatively, be a man/woman and speak to the owners, that will understand and will have been warned? It really ain't rocket science is it?

Some unbelievably crass postings on here... nation of pet lovers? Do me a favour.

You base your assumption on the proviso that cat owners will take positive actions to rectify the issue.

If you own a cat you know as soon as you let it outside it will shit somewhere or try to kill something.

That indicates that as the cat is outside the owners are infact ok with that.

Having someone tell them off about their cat isn't going to result in them coming to their senses seeing as they had none in the first place.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You base your assumption on the proviso that cat owners will take positive actions to rectify the issue.

Errr no I think you completely miss the point. All this testosterone fuelled posting about killing a cat on here is quite cringe worthy. Without a doubt there are one or two mindless bastards on here that would find joy and satisfaction in killing someone's pet for whatever reason. Could be a pensioners only companionship, but that's not going to stop them. Other than genetically modified animals (dogs in particular), they retain their instincts. So do you kill a bird for killing poor little worms and caterpillars or is that ok? It isn't really our decision to kill animals (pets) for instinctively obeying the food chain.

I based NO assumption on the owners taking positive action, but the least you can do is make them aware of the situation as opposed to inflicting cruelty upon their pets? Surely that is the civilised human beings way of dealing with a situation? If people prefer to post like chavs on here then so be it, says more about their intelligence then that of an animal following its instincts. Would there be a solution resolved from speaking to the pet owner? Possibly not, but there are solutions for keeping cats out of gardens, google it, speak to a vet, whatever. But by killing one innocent pet you are not going to stop others using said garden. Reacting in a positive way far outweighs acting like a complete missing link and believing the best way ahead is killing.

General view, not aimed at anyone in particular.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Fu*cking Cat! have seen it stalking last couple of day's but thought I had solved the problem when my dogs chased it out of garden! but oh no, the bastard was only biding its time. Have had this thrush coming into garden for last 3yrs and it successfully nested last year! I am having murderous thoughts! Am I being irrational or is this normal?

It's nature... don't hurt the poor cat...

Quagmire

Jul 29, 2011
Quaghog, Rhode Island
1 cat cut in serving-sized pieces dusted in flour with salt and pepper

1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil

6 artichokes

2 1/4" thick slices of slab bacon, diced

1 small sweet onion, diced

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 carrot, diced

1 lemon

3 small tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced

1/2 c. dry white wine

2-4 c. homemade chicken broth

garni of 4 flat parsley stems, 6 leafy thyme branches, 1 bay leaf tied up with kitchen twine Salt and pepper

1/4 c chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Snap the leaves off the artichokes until only the tender inner leaves remain. Snap off the stem. Trim the remaining green bits from the bottom of the artichoke, and cut off the inner leaves in a bunch at the point where they are very tender. Pare the tough green outer layer off the remaining stem, pairing the stem into a point. Now cut the artichoke bottom into quarters and remove the choke with a sharp knife from each quarter. Rinse to remove any traces of foin ("hay") and drop them into a bowl of water acidulated with the juice of half a lemon.
Heat 2 T olive oil in a large heavy casserole or Dutch oven. Dredge the cat pieces in seasoned flour, shaking off excess. Brown over medium heat, turning regularly, until golden on all sides. Remove cat pieces to a plate and dump any oil remaining in the pan. Add 1 T of the remaining oil and the bacon dice. (Omit bacon if you only have access to the thin-sliced vacuum packed supermarket variety.) Sauté until cooked but not "crisp". Add the remaining T of oil and the onion and carrot. Saute for 5 minutes, then add the artichoke quarters and the garlic, stir one minute, and add the tomatoes and the white wine. Turn up the heat and reduce until syrupy, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. Lay the bouquet garni on top of the vegetables. Arrange the cat pieces on top, together with any juice accumulated in the plate.
Pour in enough broth to come halfway up the sides of the cat pieces. Cover and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer over very low heat about 1 hour or cook in the oven at 350 degrees for the same amount of time. The cat should be just tender and part readily from the bone. Don't overcook or it will become dry. Check the liquid level frequently and add more broth if necessary. Turn the cat pieces once.
When done, remove the cat pieces to a warm platter and arrange the vegetables, removed with a slotted spoon, around them. Cover and keep warm. Strain the remaining pan juices into a smaller saucepan and reduce over high heat, skimming frequently, until reduced by 1/3. Pour over the platter and serve immediately. Sprinkle with finely chopped flat-leaf parsley if you like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here