Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next door cat had my lovely song Thrush today!!!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
its what cats do... fair play to a cat if it can catch a bird its done what it was designed to do. Horrible i know but there you go the serengetty in your back garden - dont kill the cat you are evolutionally better than that....

I don't want to kill the cats (I'm quite partial to a nice cat), but I just want their owners to have a little more responsibility for their actions. ie bring them in overnight and lock the cat door so they aren't out yowling all night long, shitting all over other peoples gardens and at stopping them killing birds during the night. In the day its a little different - a bell should help a little bit and at least the birds have a fighting chance rather than being poached from their nests.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Perhaps birds are just stupid. I maybe investing in a cat again as we have too many birds shiting on our cars and our fences and our pathways they need naturally culling.

Don't like them.

Assume thats satire otherwise you're really sad

The law here states cats out of control can be shot,what could be better

A quick google search would suggest otherwise:

If the cat is feral or stray, you can catch it using a humane cat trap from the RSPCA. You then return the trap with the cat still inside to the RSPCA, who will neuter it, rehome it if possible or release it to a suitable wild environment.

If the cat is owned, shooting it would be committing a third offence: criminal damage. Your best bet in this situation is to put cat repellent on the ground. It's expensive but effective. If there are areas where you don't mind it defecating, you can use the repellent to train the cat. Grapefruit peel, macerated is also a good repellent but you need to eat at least a grapefruit a day to generate enough peel.

Cats are in an unusual situation, being classified both as domestic animals and as wild animals in the UK. In law they seem to have most of the benefits of both groups and, with the exception of road accidents, seem to be better protected than most other domestic animals.

You can legally shoot at a cat with a water pistol. Cats don't like being sprayed with water and it will learn to avoid your land.

D

Deleted member 2719

Assume thats satire otherwise you're really sad

Sad i suppose. Cleaning bird crap off our fences with wire brushes and scrubbing patio slabs and cleaning bird lime (which stains) off the cars paintwork costs me too much time each year.They don't dig a nice little holes and bury it like those nice cats. The cheeky litle b*ggers even steal strawberries and raspberry's out of my garden then shit them back all over the fence.
I really can not see one advantage of birds.

Any ideas why i should change my feeling towards them???

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Our cats Fred (Named after Flintoff) and Ginger (Named after the Ginger Prince) are very popular with the farm next door as they kill loads of vermin and save them a small fortune.

One morning I woke up and being a normal bloke leave my previous days pants beside the bed as the laundry basket is too far away to find that Ginger had left a nice present in my pants, a goldfish from the pond, well it's the thought that counts.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ever hear the one where the cat owners tell you their precious puss could strangle itself by getting a branch stuck under the collar ? Tory MPs might fall foul of this, but cats ? I don't think so.

I have the joy of the little darlings crapping in my flower beds along with the foxes crapping on my driveway (bloody hell that really is an unpleasant stink) and grey squirrels digging up my bulbs, the birds by contrast are really no problem.

Ever hear the one where the cat owners tell you their precious puss could strangle itself by getting a branch stuck under the collar ? Tory MPs might fall foul of this, but cats ? I don't think so.

I have the joy of the little darlings crapping in my flower beds along with the foxes crapping on my driveway (bloody hell that really is an unpleasant stink) and grey squirrels digging up my bulbs, the birds by contrast are really no problem.

Yes I have heard that, mine are fully adorned with collars and bells.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall

Dog rolled in 'fox crap' the other day! what a stench... stuck it bath, washed it with loads of 'smelly stuff' wife is a bit pissed off that I used her really expensive perfume! and guess what? The f***ing dog still stinks!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAS9C4R2.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The cat that killed the song thrush is by definition of being out of control by it`s owner ferral, you can legaly shoot it, in your garden the weapon of choice is an air rifle.Save the garden birds by shooting ferral cats they are lower than palace fans.The town i live in is surrounded by farm land, these ferral cats that stray from there homes and kill pheasants are shot legaly with shotguns.Ferral cats are not protected by law in any way they are classed as vermin in the same category as rats

this is bollox

Bloody cats around here are pissing me off too. Just dug over some old borders and cut some new garden beds, and the very next night there is shit all over the place and 3 of them are diarrhea. With a young son who loves to garden I have to go about with gloves on and cleaning up the crap before he can do his digging for worms and making mud pies! Infuriating.

Its illegal to leave your cat out overnight in Australia (to protect native birds) - should be the law here too.

to right it should be law

Seriously not funny-is dreadfully sad but wouldn't be okay to hurt the cat-but understand your upset.have just spent the last week trying to rescue trapped birds so understand how attached can get.lease-just leave the cat alone-it's not its fault-maybe if it's owner put collar with bell on that would've helped-take it up with them maybe ?
Apart from it being a horrible thing-to hurt/kill an animal,it's also a criminal act.

one very sensible post

How long before NSC resident cat man is tell you off because the poor things can't help it

(cats=vermin)

more bollox

You're not terribly bright, are you?

no he is not

The law here states cats out of control can be shot,what could be better

even more bollox

Is that really true?

no

I don't want to kill the cats (I'm quite partial to a nice cat), but I just want their owners to have a little more responsibility for their actions. ie bring them in overnight and lock the cat door so they aren't out yowling all night long, shitting all over other peoples gardens and at stopping them killing birds during the night. In the day its a little different - a bell should help a little bit and at least the birds have a fighting chance rather than being poached from their nests.

maybe

Why is that is it because i know that you can control ferral cats by killing them and you do not

you really do talk some bollox

A quick google search would suggest otherwise:

If the cat is feral or stray, you can catch it using a humane cat trap from the RSPCA. You then return the trap with the cat still inside to the RSPCA, who will neuter it, rehome it if possible or release it to a suitable wild environment.

If the cat is owned, shooting it would be committing a third offence: criminal damage. Your best bet in this situation is to put cat repellent on the ground. It's expensive but effective. If there are areas where you don't mind it defecating, you can use the repellent to train the cat. Grapefruit peel, macerated is also a good repellent but you need to eat at least a grapefruit a day to generate enough peel.

Cats are in an unusual situation, being classified both as domestic animals and as wild animals in the UK. In law they seem to have most of the benefits of both groups and, with the exception of road accidents, seem to be better protected than most other domestic animals.

You can legally shoot at a cat with a water pistol. Cats don't like being sprayed with water and it will learn to avoid your land.

Ha yes the good old RSPCA they do stand up to be counted sometimes

HARMING OR KILLING ANY DOMESTIC ANIMAL IS ILLEGAL........................EVEN FERAL CATS
IF YOU DO NOT WANT CATS TO COME INTO YOUR GARDEN ITS YOUR RESPONSIBLILITY TO STOP THEM BY LEGAL MEANS ....eg WALL ,FENCE, ect

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I use a catapult and un cooked rice grains to get cats out of my garden, it scares the crap out of them and the rice gets eaten by the birds, acts like a shotgun with a wide spread if you're not that good a shot, the hose pipe works wonders too,

I try to protect birds as much as I can, the morning chorus is great plus song birds like the thrush are endangered, don't need cats helping their decline.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCAWPU7IE.jpg
this is bollox

to right it should be law

one very sensible post

more bollox

no he is not

even more bollox

no

maybe

you really do talk some bollox

Ha yes the good old RSPCA they do stand up to be counted sometimes

HARMING OR KILLING ANY DOMESTIC ANIMAL IS ILLEGAL........................EVEN FERAL CATS
IF YOU DO NOT WANT CATS TO COME INTO YOUR GARDEN ITS YOUR RESPONSIBLILITY TO STOP THEM BY LEGAL MEANS ....eg WALL ,FENCE, ect

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I honestly think its time I stopped coming on here

ta ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here