Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle singing Emery as manager... or not

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He's knocked them back. As have quite a few others apparently. It seems none of these big names fancy a relegation battle.

I'm pretty sure a lot of players will feel the same come January too.

Smug Eddie it is then. Hehe.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In a statement rejecting the offer, Emery said he wanted to focus on Young Boys.

And he mumbled after the interview that he didn't want to go to that shithole anyway.

Joking aside, they will have to go some to tempt a top manager up there, it's hardly London is it. Not been there for almost 40 years but it wasn't a top resort back then.

Likely to be one out of a job to get the club stabilised. Strange that Bruce went so early without a replacement sealed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also some suggestion that Emery wasn't impressed that it was him or Howe. Felt the club lacks any direction and also didn't appreciate the story leaking during Champions League week for his current club.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As well as Howe and former Roma boss Fonseca, Balague reports the Magpies have previously made approaches for new Tottenham manager Antonio Conte, Barcelona legend Xavi and ex-Germany manager Joachim Low but all have turned the opportunity down.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59144370

Looks like money doesn't buy everything. Can't help but smile if this is true.

But they'll get someone in, chuck millions into the club over the next 5 years and buy into the top CL places eventually. Glad to see it's not being laid on a plate for them. Feel sorry for the fans tho.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It keeps being mentioned but it is true - whoever takes the Newcastle job gets no glory. Best bet is they build a platform for whichever bigger name they get in second.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Leaderless on Saturday evening....

Oh, I do hope we smash them......

Can't wait, see them Geordies trudge back to their coaches for a long haul home empty handed.

Please let us win Jebus

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This is all working out rather nicely isn't it?

More disruption ahead of the game - the players would have been getting their heads around the news and what it might mean for them and now it's back to as they were and no plan for the immediate future...

Plenty of distraction for the coaching staff too - they should be underprepared for the game and hopefully in even more disarray than they have been.

Lovely stuff.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Leaderless on Saturday evening....

Oh, I do hope we smash them......

Can't wait, see them Geordies trudge back to their coaches for a long haul home empty handed.

Please let us win Jebus

But still attached to their wrists.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And he mumbled after the interview that he didn't want to go to that shithole anyway.

Joking aside, they will have to go some to tempt a top manager up there, it's hardly London is it. Not been there for almost 40 years but it wasn't a top resort back then.

Likely to be one out of a job to get the club stabilised. Strange that Bruce went so early without a replacement sealed.

Now you see if I were an ambitious football manager, I'd absolutely love to have a go at managing Newcastle - or I would have before it became Geordie Arabia. A huge fanbase just waiting to get behind a decent team, a very interesting city with a strong identity, and in a beautiful part of the country once you get outside the urban areas. But I'm not sure it's smug Eddie's type of place. A bit far from Bournemouth for his liking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here