Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle singing Emery as manager... or not

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm surprised this deal hasn't officially been announced yet. I think Newcastle would stand a better chance of a result tomorrow if they had Eddie Howe in place right now. The bloke has been out of work for 15 months so you'd expect him to sign any normal deal , but there is talk of a break clause with an automatic termination option for Newcastle if they get relegated. I'd imagine even Smug Eddie might have a problem with that.

I also hear that Nuno's contract may have contained a clause giving him much less compensation for early termination if Spurs are outside the Top 6. I believe they were 9th when he was sacked, but have a winnable block of games coming up. Classic Levy, saving a few bob where he can.

Blimey. That is harsh. I wouldn't sign if I was Howe.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It would be very funny if Smug Eddie decided not to sign.
This has shades of the Palace and Spurs manager hunt all over it

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Howe have they not managed to get this deal over the line? [emoji2369]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Graeme Jones said in his presser that he's in charge tomorrow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united

I thought it was announced officially but apparently not. What a shite run club.

When I asked if he could vouch for Eddie Howe's credentials, he said: "Has he been mentioned?"

"I hope we all remember we're talking about 'if', we're talking about speculation. Eddie has managed 550 games, 200 in the Premier League. He's 43 years old, comes with a wealth of experience, he knows the league - but it's not written in stone. There's been nothing said and confirmed by the football club. So we'll have to wait and see."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here