Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt for new badge next season, Adidas anyone??

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What's wrong with our current kit and therefore our current kit maker?

I love this season's kit and in general have liked the kits Errea have provided, why all this clamour for a "big name"? What if Adidas get the contract and we end up marching out on the first day at Falmer in exactly the same catalogue kit as every other team that plays in stripes?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The only top branded ones I think look even half decent- for teams outside the top echelon- are those by Puma or Kappa.

The current Puma shirts I've seen are pretty poor, you wouldn't prefer it over our current shirt.

I love this season's home shirt but must admit I do wish it was made by a proper brand.

Errea was the first sportswear company to be accredited with the Oeko-tex standard certification, which assures that garments textiles are free from harmful chemicals. Quite proper if you ask me.

Bukta best kit ever

Current Bukta shirts are shite.

If we were to change manufacturers then I'd love it to be Kappa or Puma

Based on what I have seen in current kits, you don't want Puma, poor quality, poor designs.

Macron...the way forward

Errea more than acceptable

Yes, I agree, Macron, Vandanel, Joma, Lotto, even Champion. All a little bit different, and having seen them all, good quality too, most of you would agree they are better than NIKE/UMBRO/ADIDAS/PUMA Pub Team kits.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
i would like to see an ethical kit maker, not some child labour thing ... i doubt this will ever happen though.

Agree with that, the likes of NIKE etc had made massive changes to their set-ups, but still not sure, if it's made in Thailand/Indonesia/China I just don't think you can be 100% sure.

Errea is made in EU, so you have to believe it's far better controlled, you don't often hear of sweatshops in the textiles industry in Europe, do you?

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
why wud we want some shite teamwear gear the likes of palarse and swindon puff about in, looks so NAFF. and why anybody would want puma with their ridiculous yearly templates nowadays is beyond me, tottenhams home kit this year is an absolute joke, like its been done by a 6 year old.

stick to the smaller brands (macron, errea, joma, jako, vandanel, li-ning) as they will give us better clobber (as errea have shown with our kits this season)

only 'big' brands i'd want would be kappa or umbro (for the tailored shirts)

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Errea is made in EU, so you have to believe it's far better controlled, you don't often hear of sweatshops in the textiles industry in Europe, do you?

Yes, especially countries that aren't in the EU. I believe Russia and Romania are the current popular places for sweat shops. Dress have never used child labour to my knowledge so I would far rather keep them than See Nike making our kit.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, especially countries that aren't in the EU. I believe Russia and Romania are the current popular places for sweat shops. Dress have never used child labour to my knowledge so I would far rather keep them than See Nike making our kit.

Sorry, when I said Errea was made in the EU, and then refered to Europe, I was still referring to the EU. If there are sweatshops in Romania (EU) then that is a shame and comes as a suprise to me, there might be poorly paid workers, but sweatshops, employing children? Didn't realise that. Russia is non EU, and I've not seen any shirt brands being made in Russia.

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
f*** it, why not do something COMPLETELY different. Let's commission Superdry to make our kit. We could run out in a 70s retro classic New York Cosmos style kit with Japanese katakana fonts! :dunce:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Under errea, we have always had a unique home kit. No other englsh team has worn the same template as our home kits, whilst we have been using them. I wouldn't be against moving from errea, but I would want to continue with a company that give us a decent bespoke kit. A kit designed for Brighton.

Therefore, I would say no to Nike, Adidas or Umbro.

There are some other decent kit manufacturers around that would probably make us a bespoke kit - xtep, burrda, cambrini, le coq sportif, etc, etc. But I'm still happy with errea.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I remember reading a while ago that Gus had flown out to the Errea factory to personally help design next seasons kit, so dont worry its gonna be flair!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Retro badge,all we need now is retro kit to go with it.

My thoughts exactly. Modern fabrics, but in a retro design, would get my vote. Nice and simple, even width stripes, in the traditional shade of blue. Brighton circa 1979 protion season. Let's go the whole hog and have an all yellow away strip as well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I can show you what our home shirt would look like this season if we were supplied by adidas, after all - adidas have given Hull, Stoke and Plymouth the same template.

All adidas-supplied clubs are also required to change their home kit every season (its in the contract).

hull-city-10-11-home-adidas-shirt-b.jpg

stoke-city-10-11-adidas-home-kit.jpg

plymouth_1011_adidas_kits_2.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this might be a little left field, but i'd have thought people buy a BHAFC shirt because of the BHAFC logo, and dont give a f*** about the manufacturers logo.

though i do like that Umbro stripe shirt posted top page 2, i might get that an sew on a club badge :lol:

Last edited:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I like that we dont have a main stream manufacturer, makes us stand out a bit more.

If we were to change, we chould go BUKTA or be really different and go HOLLISTER. If we did go Adidas, we should go Adidas ORIGINALS. Even Star Wars has a football kit made by them

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Under errea, we have always had a unique home kit. No other englsh team has worn the same template as our home kits, whilst we have been using them.

Actually thats not true, Cheltneham Town had the same template as the first skint shirt we had in 1999 for their home kit. The only difference is the fading around the sponsor logo, something we saw on a prototype of the away kit but was not on the finished version. I seem to remember their being a picture of Kerry Mayo wearing that version of the away kit in the Argus.

football_shirt_4028_1_500x400x0.jpg

brighton-and-hove-albion-home-football-shirt-1999-2000-s_46_1.jpg

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I can show you what our home shirt would look like this season if we were supplied by adidas, after all - adidas have given Hull, Stoke and Plymouth the same template. All adidas-supplied clubs are also required to change their home kit every season (its in the contract).
plymouth_1011_adidas_kits_2.jpg
:albion2: recognise him from somewhere...can't put my finger on it though:albion2:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Actually thats not true, Cheltneham Town had the same template as the first skint shirt we had in 1999 for their home kit. The only difference is the fading around the sponsor logo, something we saw on a prototype of the away kit but was not on the finished version. I seem to remember their being a picture of Kerry Mayo wearing that version of the away kit in the Argus.

Good detective work! I stand corrected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here