Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt for new badge next season, Adidas anyone??

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
697680_070_lbox.png

Two mins on the UMBRO website. punk:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Errea shelled out for the refurbishment of the new club shop, so cant seeing the club bin them off so soon.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you're Chelsea, Man United or Real Madrid (for example) adidas or Nike will design a top notch, bespoke kit for you.

If you're Plymouth Argyle, Bristol City, Derby, Southend, Swindon or Peterborough, and by the same logic, Brighton & Hove Albion, adidas or Nike will send you their Sunday League catalogue and tell you to take your pick from the collection of bog standard shirts designed to be worn by fat pub players in the hope it will make them look fractionally more professional when they put down their lager and pie for half a second and huff around in the mud against the Pig & Plimsoll 3rd XI.

Don't be such label freaks, I think some of the adidas kits around look crap (Swindon, Peterborough), and the Nike Pub Catalogue ones are even worse. Umbro are just dull, I've hated almost all their England kits for years.

The only top branded ones I think look even half decent- for teams outside the top echelon- are those by Puma or Kappa.

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
Does it really matter who makes the kit as long as the quality is ok ? whats wrong with this seasons kit ?

Who gives a toss about the brand name unless your some fashion conscious teenage kid that likes picking on people for wearing uncool makes ?

Having a kit made by nike or addidas ( hate the stripes on them ) won't show anyone we mean business in fact it will mean f**k all

Who exactly looks at the away team at Withdean and thinks ooo I'm so jelous cos they have a kit made by nike they must be so good......no one

grow up :safeway2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does it really matter who makes the kit as long as the quality is ok ? whats wrong with this seasons kit ?

Who gives a toss about the brand name unless your some fashion conscious teenage kid that likes picking on people for wearing uncool makes ?

Having a kit made by nike or addidas ( hate the stripes on them ) won't show anyone we mean business in fact it will mean f**k all

Who exactly looks at the away team at Withdean and thinks ooo I'm so jelous cos they have a kit made by nike they must be so good......no one

Exactement.

It doesn't make you look like a big club, it makes you look like a small club who think they can mug their fans into thinking they are somehow big time simply because their shirts have a fashionable brand name on them. And paying more for the privilege.

I just laugh at clubs like Southend wearing Nike shirts because you know all that's happened is that their board of directors have sat around the table with the Nike Sunday League catalogue and stuck a pin in it, chuckling to themselves at the money they're going to be able to prise out of their more gullible supporters. It's not like Nike approached them, fighting off adidas in a massive branding war for the rights to sell shirts at Roots Hall, is it?

This is not just a shit shirt. This is a Chinese-sweatshop-made, overpriced, techno-bullshit, mass-produced, Nike-branded shit shirt.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I mean: come ON! This shirt is just complete PLOP, Nike or otherwise.

Southend-United-Home-Shirt-10-11.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
After the mediocre designs in the mid to late 2000s, Errea's Albion kits for this season are outstanding!

I'd only be up for Adidas if it was with the classic Adidas logo. :love:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Shame that New Look on Western Road no longer stocks those lovely retro Bukta bags. :(

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
If we were to change manufacturers then I'd love it to be Kappa or Puma

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

Exactly this!!!!

Highlighted paragraph covers a lot of posters on here....is it half term yet?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Fair comment Phil.

But if the Albion have the nous and allow the shirts to be sold in all sports retailers in Sussex (and with the way everything is marketed at the moment it would be suicide not to) then we will sell BUCKETLOADS.

The club would only make money on shirts it sold in the club shop. Man Utd only make money (directly) from the shirts they sell in Man Utd Megastore or whatever it's called. They make money (indirectly) as Nike pay them a tidy sum for the priveledge of producing their kit, Nike then recoup this by flogging the kit to plastics all over the country in JJB sports etc. This is why it's in Nike's interest to make a decent kit, not just a sunday league catalogue number. I can't see any of these kit manufacturers falling over themselves to offer us a sizeable wedge for the honour of making our kit.

Having said that I would like us to have an adidas kit.

Errea stuff is quite good.

On the whole yes, my one complaint is the badge tends to fall apart on the most recent kits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here