Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new player very soon on loan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Don't get me wrong, Barker might be AMAZING, and I hope he is. Now is not his time.

I do agree, but my point is that rather than sign another striker to sit on the bench, why not give Gary Hart a run out instead, or even mr Barker. If Slade had faith in youth players, maybe Steve Cook would have been getting a chance this season. I think we should try and use the youth system where we can, not just sign endless loan players who don't improve the team much/at all.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I do agree, but my point is that rather than sign another striker to sit on the bench, why not give Gary Hart a run out instead, or even mr Barker. If Slade had faith in youth players, maybe Steve Cook would have been getting a chance this season. I think we should try and use the youth system where we can, not just sign endless loan players who don't improve the team much/at all.

How do you know it is a player to sit on the bench?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
How many first team games has OGH played since he last (looked like) scoring a goal?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How do you know it is a player to sit on the bench?

No player is guaranteed to start, no player is guaranteed to sit on the bench. It's a squad game now, if we signed someone he'd start here and there, and not start at other times because we've already got Murray, Dickinson and another of Poyet's signings, Holroyd.

I'd rather we played a striker who cares about the club. OGH saved us last season, supplying the goal scoring striker. Why can't he get the same partnership going with Murray? Hart creates, Murray scores. Worked with Owusu, we stayed up. Murray is better than Owusu.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
It will be a damn sight better than doing nothing

the present squad is, at worst, middle of league 1 material. at worst. constantly hoping somebody unknown and new is going to ride in and solve our problems is deluding themselves. did you learn nothing last season?

when gus arrived he talked about restricting the number of loan signings, working with the players out on the training ground rather than taking the extremely short-term and lazy approach of signing a loan player.

for christ sake we have spent LOADS on this squad already. surely surely there is plenty there for gus and his team to work with.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd rather we played a striker who cares about the club. OGH saved us last season, supplying the goal scoring striker. Why can't he get the same partnership going with Murray? Hart creates, Murray scores. Worked with Owusu, we stayed up. Murray is better than Owusu.

The times he was effective, like at Brizzle, were when he was wide and Andrew AND Owusu were in the middle. Are you suggesting we drop Bennett for Hart ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The times he was effective, like at Brizzle, were when he was wide and Andrew AND Owusu were in the middle. Are you suggesting we drop Bennett for Hart ???

When did I suggest we drop Bennett for Hart? I didn't, Hart played up front with Owusu in the final run in (after the Andrew injury) and that's where he should be, in a 4-4-2. My point is that if Poyet signs another striker, it'll be to play with Murray. I would rather we tried Hart with Murray, or kept the front two as it was on saturday. The last thing we need is another striker, what we actually need is someone to play on the left of midfield.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When did I suggest we drop Bennett for Hart? I didn't, Hart played up front with Owusu in the final run in (after the Andrew injury) and that's where he should be, in a 4-4-2. My point is that if Poyet signs another striker, it'll be to play with Murray. I would rather we tried Hart with Murray, or kept the front two as it was on saturday. The last thing we need is another striker, what we actually need is someone to play on the left of midfield.

After Andrew's injury, which was in the LAST game, at home to Stockport?

Just give up. Hart hasn't been an effective striker for five years. If you're pinning your hopes on him, we're down.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

Just give up. Hart hasn't been an effective striker for five years. If you're pinning your hopes on him, we're down.

that's nonsense. hart started upfront away to huddersfield, home to yeovil, home to stockport, to name just 3.

if you don't like the guy then fine, but to deny his key part in last season's escape appears vindictive. he was fairly crap before last season for a long stretch though, i'll give you that!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Well no, because Hart played up front in a 4-4-2 before that, if you look back. Hart himself came off injured against Stockport.

Pinning my hopes? What a daft comment, I would play Murray and Dickinson. But we don't need another loanee, we've got enough options up front as it is. Which was point to start with, we have enough and even have Barker if we want another. Or should we just become West Brom and sign every striker who is available? They've signed ANOTHER striker today. We don't need another one, we've already got 4 (not including Forster).

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
it wouldnt be on the toon forums cause its hush hush,hes worth over 1.5 mill so im told,and it wasnt a taxi driver who picked him up

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Carroll?

Perhaps they want him out of sight and he can make a few cameo appearances before he gets put in the slammer on assault charges :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Stop attention seeking and tell us. Unless it's bollocks, of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here