Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New NSC - what's wrong with it?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
can you change the colour that already viewed threads are, to the same as unread threads? looks daft

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The search facility needs improving. I carried out a search for "cockjugglingthundercunt" and was told:

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : cockjugglingthundercunt
I then carried out the same search in Google and got this:
Results 1 - 10 of about 13 for cockjugglingthundercunt north stand chat.

Go figure. Is the search string too short?

and kudos to you too

i thought they were excellent programmes at your place - until i read that piece by that cockjugglingthundercunt who is your "fan off the radio" - probably one of the only people i seriously wish death on and mean it :angry:

apart from that good read :clap2:

1066gull

cant view the status of my 'buddies' in my USER CP if they are online or not anymore

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Can the line above each post with the date/time of posting on the left and post number on the right be moved like the avatars were? It looks really bulky and means more scrolling down threads.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
The search facility needs improving. I carried out a search for "cockjugglingthundercunt" and was told:

1. Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : cockjugglingthundercunt
I then carried out the same search in Google and got this:
Results 1 - 10 of about 13 for cockjugglingthundercunt north stand chat.

Go figure. Is the search string too short?

Did you read the thread? The search index is being updated, at the moment only the last day or so's posts are indexed. :stupid:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
You can easily alter the text size of the board from your internet browser bar. Just choose "View" > "Text Size" > Increase or Decrease. (Well that's the option on Firefox. I think IE gives you some sort of "Ginormous, Bigger, Smaller or Gnatswilly" size options)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Did you read the thread? The search index is being updated, at the moment only the last day or so's posts are indexed. :stupid:

Not entirely true, I've just been carrying out several searches and it's been finding messages from 3 and 4 years ago with no problem. It's not exactly been exhaustive testing, I'll grant you, though. No, this problem is due to the length of the query, I'm sure.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Think you're aware of this, but the thread 'views' counter seems to not be working right..

i think it counts the ammount of people who have viewed a thread as opposed to the ammount of views a thread has had (i.e i could only view it once no matter how many times i refreshed the page)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I was wondering if it were possible to reduce the size of the box that our avatars show up in? If you post a reply which is only one line, then there is a load of space between your post and the next, which means a heck of a lot of scrolling....If you understand what I'm trying to say....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was wondering if it were possible to reduce the size of the box that our avatars show up in? If you post a reply which is only one line, then there is a load of space between your post and the next, which means a heck of a lot of scrolling....If you understand what I'm trying to say....

You can just turn avatars and signatures off - which certainly helps.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Annoyingly the search rebuild seems to have stopped when my screensaver kicked in last night. So I've just started it over again - 287,000 posts down, 1,713,000 or so to go.

(A search for Falmer now returns 500 results, which is the max that any search can return with the current settings)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
People signatures now seem to come up a lot bigger, a two line maximum would be nice.

Other than that I think it's pretty nifty now.

:)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You can just turn avatars and signatures off - which certainly helps.

I kind of like them to be honest, a quick glimpse of the avatar and I know who it is....

Each post just seems to take up more space than it used to...Maybe its the yahoo and green button etc thats taking up more?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Was it me or has it changed again? I logged on using a friend's PC over the weekend because we were away and it looked really snazzy if a touch confusing with the avatar spread across the full width of the page. This morning on my own PC it looks kinda "normal" again. Much as it used to be in fact with just a few minor changes.

Not sure about the new rules on minimum post length and smilies. Is it intended to improve the quality of replies?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right - I'm slowly getting the default style (vBulletin 2 Default) to be similar to the old NSC style...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here