Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager to be announced on TUESDAY *~*~*

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I notice that Darren Ferguson has been called into a board meeting to discuss Peterbrough's bad start to the season. Now he would be a great manager in my opinion - can spot a nurture lower league talent, good links to premier league clubs. The whole Falmer thing but be able to persuade him too

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
"any manager who looked at the squad we have would fancy themselves to get us ou of this mess and there are more than enough games to make strides up the table between now and may"

If I were a manager taking over this lot I'd be wary at the lack of fighting spirit they have shown so far at the club, if not doing it for Slade, then themselves as players who hate to lose, we haven't seen it yet from them and no way will they compete with the top half of the league without it.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I didn't hear about the withdraw money comments. However I'm sure it will play large in Ken Brown's mind that there's nothing wrong with li'l Dennis as he got him to a cup final (which is I understand the comment he has used to defend Wise's record). Why dont we go the whole hog and appoint Jimmy Melia as first team coach after all, he got me to a cup final as well.

The Mirror and many tabloids had Dennis Wise in the frame before we stayed up last May and I understand that particular story had been placed quite carefully with many papers at the same time. If he gets the job now it may demonstrate how accurate that story was and therefore ask questions about who placed that story then

Ken Brown's supportive comments corroborate exactly with my source.
PG

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Steve Coppell's record at home with Reading last season for the last 9 matches

DLLDLLDLL

Looks like he would be well suited to the shit home form at the Withdean.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

DLLDLLDLL

How much did his squad cost? I'd wager, less than any other team in the Premiership last season? Silk purse and sow's ear spring to mind, although he did pretty well overall at Reading didn't he?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A double act perchance ?

Attachments

• Syd and Eddy.jpg
    Syd and Eddy.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 597

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(

DLLDLLDLL

Surely by then he'd decided he was going to bale and perhaps his motivation was on the wane?

He'd be refreshed and up for a challenge now I'd have thought ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
“We are working hard to secure the right manager for the club. We cannot put a timescale on it. We may have a manager in by Saturday, we may not, we really do have no idea. "
T. Bloom, 1.11.09

That would suggest that the title of this thread has the whiff of some bollocks about it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I seriously hope he isn't second, third, fourth or fifth choice either (or sixth for that matter)

Or seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth etc.... so far as I'm concerned. He's a poisonous little shit who I wouldn't want anywhere near our club.

For me, if he wants it, Coppell has to be the choice. Forget the 'never go back' crap in his case because he didn't want to go in the first place. He does well wherever he goes, he gets the best out of the players and he damn near kept us in the Championship against all the odds when he was last here.

Could he get us out of this mess with the quality of players (Bennett, Fozzy, Dicker, Jimmy Mac etc... just for starters) that we have now? Too bloody right he could.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Er...? They were in the Championship last season weren't they?

I seem to have forgotten they made the playoffs last season and got relegated the previous season :blush:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Havent we learnt anything from bringing Adams, Booker, Virgo etc back?

people kept saying the same old saying all the time when they wanted Adams back and that was DONT GO BACK IN FOOTBALL!

So why is it so diffrent now?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Re: Gary Nelsons left foot

Would be great if it was Coppell. I can't think of a single time in his career where he's not done well. Gets the best out of his players and has a good eye for a player.

Wise doesn't have experience managing at a higher level does he?

Curbishley would be good, but unlikley I'd guess.

Southgate?! Why would he? Why would we want him?

Is steve cotterill in work at the moment?

My worst nightmare is listening to the press conference and they say

...And I`d like to introduce the new brighton manager, Steve Co..., then the radio cuts out and I`m beeming that its coppell, I get the radio tuned in again and its Steve Cotterill!!!! Aaaarrrgghh!!!!!! Hoof Hoof Hoof!!!!!

why does anyone think he`d be good for us??? Quite apart from the neck strain of forever looking skywards, he`s hardly championship material is he?

Is cotterill a bit shit then? I've never seen one of his teams play. I just have a vague idea that he took Burnley to the championship play offs a couple of times, which seemed a pretty good effort.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Havent we learnt anything from bringing Adams, Booker, Virgo etc back?

people kept saying the same old saying all the time when they wanted Adams back and that was DONT GO BACK IN FOOTBALL!

So why is it so diffrent now?

I know it's a general truism in football that you shouldn't go back but there always exceptions. What makes me think that Coppell would be one of the exceptions is that he went back to Palace twice and was succesful both times. Plus he's done well at every club he's been at(man city doesn't count...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here