New manager to be announced on TUESDAY *~*~*

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
PaulSimpson_1633014.jpg

Worth a punt.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
No-one's mentioned Brown of Hull City yet.

We could have picnic blankets out in the centre-circle every half-time, with full catering.
Flair!

And what's Paul Jewell up to? He's never mentioned either.

please god not paul jewell he is a complete tosser and messed up derby county before they got rid of him:wanker:

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
Is Jim Gannon still in charge of some scottish mob?

unfortunatley yes but if he was free he would definately be my first choice manager just look at what he did at stockport county:thumbsup:

chickrun

Sep 13, 2006
surrey
i think we are forgetting we are again (with Blooms considerable resouces) a potential top championship - possible premier club. i think the challange will tempt Curbishley and might have been the type of person Bloom would have brought in immediately if Slade's reign had not been so short lived when Bloom came on board.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
We have so few points so it is unlikely that managers like Coppell or Curbishley would want to soil their reputation,the only ones who might apply are those who have been out of work for some time and have nothing to lose.
We are in a serious situation and the best we can hope for is avoiding relegation.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We have so few points so it is unlikely that managers like Coppell or Curbishley would want to soil their reputation,the only ones who might apply are those who have been out of work for some time and have nothing to lose.
We are in a serious situation and the best we can hope for is avoiding relegation.

Erm, last time Coppell turned up was after 12 or so matches into the season.

We had FOUR points at the time.

Midikilledmydog

Aug 20, 2006
If Wise is appointed I'll suddenly become very interested in Lewes's fixture list even if they get relegated to Ryman Premier, mind you he would be unlikely to last until the start of next season

(not that I think Lewes will be relegated)

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Would be very happy with Coppell or Curbishley, not sure about others but would hate it if Wise ever had anything to do with this football club - I also think he would be crap and certainly isn't the person who will lead us out at Falmer - Coppell on the other hand...

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Half of me wants Wise (oooh :safeway2:) because everybody would HATE us and that would be BRILLIANT. We havent had enough confrontation recently. Russell Slade was too nice.

And obviously the sane half of me wants Curbs or Coppell, but I'm trying to rein that in.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Southgate went to Hazelwick School in Three Bridges, so had a Sussex upbringing. Still rather have Coppell, though - remember him turning up on the seafront for the march to the Labour Party conference even after he'd left for Reading? Quality.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
what a load of rubbish !!! any manager who looked at the squad we have would fancy themselves to get us ou of this mess and there are more than enough games to make strides up the table between now and may

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The manager has been decided, the reason for the delay in announcement is to allow him time to speak with his coaching candidates so that we have a new regime in place in one foul swoop. I think.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Still rather have Coppell, though - remember him turning up on the seafront for the march to the Labour Party conference even after he'd left for Reading? Quality.

And coupled with his managerial credentials, of course, that's why I want him on board.

The timing's perfect and I'll be gutted if we miss this golden opportunity to reunite with the man that would be ideal for our transition into The Stadium of Bright and into The Championship.

He'll take the job if offered, I'm almost sure of it (and money shouldn't be any kind of issue.....we could offer him a decent salary now and there will be a competitive budget (TB will match his pocket to the ambition he's demonstrated with the RS decision)).

Please, please, PLEASE!PLEASE, Mr. B.......go get The Copp!!!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here