Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New CEO - Paul Barber

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well Gus clearly won't be having him interfering on the footballing side.

What is the Chief Exec role? And what role does MP have? Who is the director or Sport?

Questions I got lots of questions.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
10 companies in 20 odd years (with, strangely, no obvious internal promotions)...just time to make a few decisions then move on before the impact is known? Get ready to readvertise in 2014 when he jumps ship
Hilarious that a Canadian team think that they think they should be getting bigger World names than Man City to play in friendlies

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Never heard of him

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
_42468654_barber_bbc203.jpg

Brilliant news!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Do we really need a guy to improve our finances? Bloom's a millionhair after all...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Appears to have been the loser in some political in-fighting and mostly negative feedback from Vancouver, particularly from staff and they are right that he doesnt have a record of being assocciated with success.
Less than a month advising Coventry's owners.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Barber_(soccer_administrator)

Not immediately impressed but we wait and see - it will take a year to develop a day to day relatoionship with owners, senior staff and team management and doubtless we will see changes in personnel but he does at very least look like someone capable of bringing extra revenue in to the club and that is going to be needed. Experience working with Gus is also a plus as you would suspect he will have been consulted and he must have been onside with the appointment

This from Daniel Levy when he left Spurs seems to emphasise his core skill area:

Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, told the club's website: "I should like to take this opportunity to thank Paul for his hard work, dedication and contribution to the growth and success of our commercial operations and for his support for the wider development of our Club during his time with us. I wish him every success when he takes up his new role in North America.

"Paul will take up his new position in the Spring of 2010. He will remain in his role of Executive Director progressing our new shirt sponsor and stadium naming rights discussions until the end of February next year

This interview from 2008 while at Spurs is also interesting from that perspevctive

Exclusive Interview With Tottenham Executive Director Paul Barber - Goal.com

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here