Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Navarro would be much more of an asset if he showed for the ball. When he hasn't got the ball, he doesn't appear to move into space to receive it in the way that Bridcutt does. On the positive side, his passing is largely excellent.

Bullseye!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
I thought he was good today! Did all that was asked of him. Also thought that Harley did ok as well (not his biggest fan!) but Paynter? FFS send him back to Leeds, much rather have Barnes or Hoskins up there!

Some people seem to think that players just coming into a team after a long lay off through injury or omission can show good form straight away.
While this can happen it is the exception rather then the rule. All the players regularly criticised by a few posters on here are in that category e.g. Harley, Navarro, Paynter etc. It takes time to adjust to the pace and intensity of games. I am one of the few who has defended Harley steadfastly because I believe that he will come good and now his form is improving because he is playing regularly.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Harley and Bridcutt had better games in midfield simply because Navarro did a fantastic job covering in midfield. It's a team game and not all about individual performances.

God, get off the blokes back. So what he missed a tackle or two, CMS missed a sitter which was forunate enough to result in an own goal and yet he gets Man Of The Match simply because like Forest Gump he runs a lot.

I thought Navarro wasn't far off being Man of the Match yesterday. We need a Brian Horton type of player in midfield and Navarro or Vincelot could fit the bill.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Don't rate him at all. Is neither creative not defensive. League 1 player at best. We improved massively last season when Bridders replaced him in the team. We miss Dicker hugely at the moment, in my view.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sorry if fixtures but Navarro has twittered that he is reading NSC and there are a lot of negative comments about him.

I haven't read any yet but if there is just lay of the guy. We should be supporting our players and not bringing them down. He had a great game and a great player

Not read all this thread but he needs to wisen up ... he's in the public eye and will always be open to criticsm ... take the constructive stuff "constructively" and ignore the rest ... imagine David Cameron saying he's not going to read a newspaper because they said something nasty?

D

Deleted member 22389

Imagine if your company held an open forum for directors and managers. Imagine logging in and reading stuff like, (x) is shit, (x) should not be in our team, (x) is not championship material and all the other drivel that gets spouted on these forums.
As much as I love the Internet I would hate to be a player and stumble across this. Everyone is different. Some players might read it and use it to play better and prove people wrong, others might find it depressing and have a negative effect. It can't be nice.

I think people forget when posting, this is an open forum that anyone can access including the players and people at the club. I certainly don't want our players thinking the NSC represents the views of every single Brighton supporter because it does not.
Everyone has bad games, just like people have bad days at work. Unfortunately the Internet gives people the tools to say what they like about people.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Navarro does a job for the team. He isn't going to stand out, and he won't ever be a fans favourite. I'm sure Gus, Bridcutt and the other players appreciate the role that he plays when he's in the team. If you're reading this, mr Navarro, don't be paying too much attention to this forum. We're football fans, we're fickle.

Personally, I've nothing against Navarro as a player and since getting fit under Poyet, he has been a key player for us. The injury last season was a real shame for him and prevented him from being a key player, which clearly he was going to be. We went to Swindon on the opening day with Navarro as the key cog in the midfield, and we would never have signed Bridcutt but for the injury. But it happened, we signed Bridcutt and now I think that Navarro is second fiddle to him. No shame in that, and if Gus likes having the pair in the midfield together then I won't argue with him.

I'm much more attacking than Gus (The difference between being a fan and the manager!) and I'd rather see Bridcutt left on his own to screen the back four, have Harley play alongside him making runs from deeper and having Noone/LuaLua and Buckley/Vicente on the wings. All out attacking flair.

Saves me writing the same. Well put. I think he has leadership qualities that Bridders can learn from. Go Nav.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the best thing Navarro could do is NOT read NSC. He is only ever going to be disappointed if he does.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think the best thing Navarro could do is NOT read NSC. He is only ever going to be disappointed if he does.

That goes for all the players, I would say.

The only opinions they should be listening to is Gus and Tanno and, to a lesser extent, the rest of the first team squad. If Gus is happy with their performance and contribution then the fans can say whatever they like - Gus picks the team, not the fans.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have to admit that when he first came, I was very skeptical about him. But he proved me wrong, since his injury I think he has done well, and yesterday was very solid. I said to my boy, that was Nav's best game so far this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He just messaged again that he will no longer look on NCS cos it's all negative and doesn't want it to get him down anymore.
I'd think all players should be advised not to read this site, there is a lot of shit posted here (that doesn't mean I don't like the site, I just don't think it's the place for a player to get a balanced view).

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd think all players should be advised not to read this site, there is a lot of shit posted here (that doesn't mean I don't like the site, I just don't think it's the place for a player to get a balanced view).

I was thinking that myself yesterday which prompted my post above somewhere, but just had a wander through some of our players twitter accounts, seems they are quite happy to post drivel (some of them frankly have verbal dirrhoea), but not happy to receive it....I'm starting to think they need to get a little more street smarts about what they read and post!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Navarro does a job for the team. He isn't going to stand out, and he won't ever be a fans favourite. I'm sure Gus, Bridcutt and the other players appreciate the role that he plays when he's in the team. If you're reading this, mr Navarro, don't be paying too much attention to this forum. We're football fans, we're fickle.

Personally, I've nothing against Navarro as a player and since getting fit under Poyet, he has been a key player for us. The injury last season was a real shame for him and prevented him from being a key player, which clearly he was going to be. We went to Swindon on the opening day with Navarro as the key cog in the midfield, and we would never have signed Bridcutt but for the injury. But it happened, we signed Bridcutt and now I think that Navarro is second fiddle to him. No shame in that, and if Gus likes having the pair in the midfield together then I won't argue with him.

I'm much more attacking than Gus (The difference between being a fan and the manager!) and I'd rather see Bridcutt left on his own to screen the back four, have Harley play alongside him making runs from deeper and having Noone/LuaLua and Buckley/Vicente on the wings. All out attacking flair.

You've played football manager enough to form a good judgement?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
seems they are quite happy to post drivel (some of them frankly have verbal dirrhoea), but not happy to receive it
Isn't that just the same as us lot - we post drivel, but we're safely anonymous behind our keyboards, we don't face unfair criticism like they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here