Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Navarro

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Players should only come on here if they are the sort that use criticism as a motivation (in that "I'll prove you wrong" kind of way). A) it's (mostly) a fan site, fans are generally less educated about football, what you've been instructed to do, etc B) it's an internet site, which brings with it, people who pretend to be negative to cause trouble/get a reaction, people who aren't at the game and going on second or third hand accounts, people who use anonymity to say with certainty things they would keep to themselves if their name was put to it for fear of embarrassment or ridicule, and gives an instant outlet for people to post with their emotions rather than allowing themselves to calm down and reflect and use their brain.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I sort of agree Acker, but then there are those that seem to lack rationale.

Someone that starts a thread along the lines of... [Insert Name of Player] is f***ing shit, he should just f*** off.

Whatever happened to decorum? Highlight the player you thought played badly and then offer a reasoning as opposed to 'Get Rid'.

Why aren't we all capable of criticising in a decent and measured way?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought he was my man of the match. He broke a lot of cov possession down and played some cracking balls out wide.

God the second half we were poor though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I sort of agree Acker, but then there are those that seem to lack rationale.

Someone that starts a thread along the lines of... [Insert Name of Player] is f***ing shit, he should just f*** off.

Whatever happened to decorum? Highlight the player you thought played badly and then offer a reasoning as opposed to 'Get Rid'.

Why aren't we all capable of criticising in a decent and measured way?

I don't know, partly because some people just aren't eloquent enough to give reason to their emotions, partly because of my point about fans not always knowing enough about football. Those threads are just more reason for players to avoid this place, and sites of its ilk.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Matty sparrow calling navs the new andy naylor, gotta be cos of this.

When andy naylor criticised "online fans" this place laid into him (more than usual). When navarro mentioned the negativity of nsc, we seem to be having a bit of a love in for him. I don't think it's the same.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I put him down as my favourite player, but that was after the Sunderland game. Then he went a spoilt it all, by saying he just hoofed it. Still, the interchange with Noone was good.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He certainly seems to be taking some of the pressure off Bridcutt, which is no bad thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here